Man loses arm in alligator attack outside Florida bar – LINK
Ohio woman allegedly pooped on church altar – LINK
Warning ‘world not prepared’ as women infected with highly contagious fungal disease – LINK
Thousands of St. Louis Kia, Hyundai owners eligible for payments from recent theft settlement – LINK
Ford, BMW and Tesla Are Removing AM Radio From New Car Models – LINK
How Often Should You Buy New Underwear? – LINK
A Company Is Offering $100 an Hour to Watch TikTok – LINK
Dad Calls Cops on 6th-Grade Daughter After “Tricking” Her Into Stealing $20 — But He Was the One Who Got Schooled – LINK
A Poll Found Making Friends Gets Easier as We Age? (LINK)
Four Words to Steer Clear of on Vacation Rental Listings – LINK
Foo Fighters confirmed that Dave Grohl did in fact do all the drumming for the upcoming album, But Here We Are – which I think we all assumed would be the case. This would be the first album since 1997’s The Colour and the Shape, where Dave is playing drums on a full album again.
Iron Maiden and Slipknot have been added to the Dead by Daylight video game. Players can wear outfits inspired by Maiden’s mascot Eddie or one of nine masks that mirror the ones worn by all nine Slipknot members.
How far should actors go for a role? Well, Jude Law plays Henry the 8th in the new historical thriller “Firebrand”. And in order to really inhabit the role, he should SMELL like Henry. And it turns out Henry smelled AWFUL . . . partly because of leg ulcers. So Jude found a perfume specialist who made him a concoction that mixed the odors of blood, sweat, and fecal matter. Jude says, quote, “I read several interesting accounts that you could smell Henry three rooms away. His leg was rotting so badly. He hid it with rose oil. I thought it would have a great impact if I smelt awful.” (Variety)
Paris Hilton’s chihuahua Harajuko Bitch just died . . . but she lived to be 23. In an Instagram tribute, Paris said, quote, “You may be physically gone, but the imprint of your pawprints on my life will never fade.”
Woody Allen was having dinner in Manhattan when his friend started choking. Woody jumped up and performed the Heimlich. The guy says, quote, “If it wasn’t for his quick thinking, I fear I may have died. I owe him my life.”
The American Film Institute put together a list of the 100 greatest movie quotes of all time, let me see if you guys can guess the movies these iconic quotes came from:
- “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” from “Gone with the Wind”(1939)
- “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.” from “The Godfather”(1972)
- “You don’t understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am.” from “On the Waterfront”(1954)
- “Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” from “The Wizard of Oz”(1939)
- “Here’s looking at you, kid.” from “Casablanca”(1942)
- “Go ahead, make my day.” from “Sudden Impact”(1983)
- “All right, Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up.” from “Sunset Boulevard”(1950)
- “May the Force be with you.” from “Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope”(1977)
- “Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy night.” from “All About Eve”(1950)
- “You talkin’ to me?” from “Taxi Driver”(1976)
Here’s the complete list: https://www.afi.com/afis-100-years-100-movie-quotes/
Today’s Crappy Birthdays
YouTuber and controversial makeup artist James Charles is 24.
Ryan Coogler is 37. Director of the “Black Panther” movies and “Creed”.
Jewel is 49.
Ken Jennings is 49. He won 74 straight episodes of “Jeopardy!”, earning more than $2.5 million. He got spanked by IBM’s super computer Watson, who more than tripled his score in the man vs. machine showdown. But then he dominated the “Greatest of All Time” tournament against James Holzhauer and Brad Rutter.
Jon Benjamin is 57. The voice of Sterling Archer on “Archer”, and Bob on “Bob’s Burgers”.
Drew Carey is 65. “Price Is Right” host.
Today’s birthday girl has been in 251 fine films, including:
– 30 Days in the Hole
– Ass Kissers 2
– Bongs And Thongs
– Caught from Behind 33
– Chaos In Da Jungle
– Natural Born Nymphs 4
– Priscilla The Hung
– This Butt’s For You
– And who can forget her role in 1994’s Willie Wankers And The Fun Factory
C.J. Bennett is 58 years old.