Gwyneth Paltrow is putting the guest house at her home in Montecito, California on Airbnb, and it comes with . . . GWYNETH PALTROW. (???) That’s right . . . if you rent the place out, you can have dinner with Gwyneth and her husband Brad Falchuk in the WINE ROOM. And you even get to pick out your own bottle of wine. Booking doesn’t start until August 15th, and there’s no word on the price, but it can’t be cheap. The experience also includes a spa day, guided transcendental meditation, and, quote, “valuable techniques (and an abundance of goop products!) to continue your journey towards emotional health long after your stay.” (New York Post)
Taylor Swift gave out huge bonuses to people on her Eras Tour, including $100,000 bonuses to the 50 truck drivers who hauled her equipment. So that includes dancers, roadies, sound technicians and catering, among others.
Lizzo is being accused of mistreating her backup dancers . . . and that includes supposedly WEIGHT-SHAMING them. Three dancers who got their jobs through Lizzo’s show “Watch Out for the Big Grrrls” are suing her for major damages due to her behavior. Two of the women were fired by Lizzo, and the third quit. One of their complaints is that Lizzo took them to live sex shows in Amsterdam and forced them to interact with performers in sexually-explicit ways. (You can read the details here.) She was also super demanding, demeaning and demoralizing, to the point that one of the women peed herself because she was afraid to ask for a bathroom break. The women also claim they were banned from taking side jobs during pauses in Lizzo’s tour. A couple of Lizzo’s former employees who are NOT part of the lawsuit have stepped up to corroborate the women’s claims. The complaint also says Lizzo’s dance captain, Shirlene Quigley, made inappropriate sexual comments as she chastised other team members who had engaged in premarital sex. Other claims include religious and racial harassment, false imprisonment, and interference with prospective economic advantage. (TMZ)
Mortality, strangely enough, is a theme in the new “Barbie” movie. So maybe it’s not so odd that people are choosing to be buried in PINK BARBIE-THEMED CASKETS. (???) The Olivares Funeral Home in Mexico is offering them as a way for people to, quote, “Rest like Barbie.” Apparently, they’re catching on elsewhere in Mexico, as well as other Latin American countries like El Salvador. (Is this any worse than the Kiss Kasket? Discuss.) (New York Post)
The man who pulled his car out in front of Treat Williams’ motorcycle in Vermont back in June is now facing a charge of “grossly negligent operation with death.” Ryan M. Koss voluntarily met with police, where he was processed and released. He’s due back in court on September 25th. Vermont State Police say Williams died of severe trauma and blood loss when Koss made a left turn directly into the path of his bike and they collided. Williams was 71 years old. (People)
Euphoria Star Angus Cloud passed away. We’ve learned Oakland PD and Fire Dept. responded to a 911 call made around 11:30 AM Monday by Angus Cloud‘s mother. She reported a “possible overdose,” and said Angus did not have a pulse. He was eventually pronounced dead on the scene. Angus was 25 and had just come back from Ireland where he was burying his father and best friend. Angus Cloud completed filming three roles for upcoming projects before his untimely death was announced on Monday
Nickelodeon will air an alternate telecast of Super Bowl 58. It’ll be more kid-focused, and will most likely incorporate slime in some way. It’ll be the first time a Super Bowl has had a second presentation, but not the first time Nick has done NFL games. They did alternate feeds of wild card games after the 2020 and 2021 seasons, and a Christmas Day game last year. They’re doing another Christmas game this year. Super Bowl 58 will air on CBS on February 11th, 2024. (Hollywood Reporter)
It all started with a simple 36G . . . but the bras at Drake shows just keep getting bigger. During a show in D.C. over the weekend, two bras ended up onstage. One was an H-cup, and the other was an L-cup. (!!!) He was pretty shocked when he saw the “L”. He said, quote, “How many letters does it go up to???” Drake’s getting a little suspicious though. He said, quote, “Y’all just buyin’ fake bras and throwin’ ’em onstage. There’s no way . . .” Lynyrd Skynyrd is dropping a five-decade career-spanning box set on October 13th. ‘Fyfty’ will include recordings from Skynyrd’s early days in Muscle Shoals, their classics from the 70s, their ’87 tribute tour as well as their later albums like 2012 ‘Last of A Dyin’ Breed’.
The CD or digital set will also include a 1976 rendition of “Free Bird” from Atlanta’s Fox Theatre and a 2022 performance of “Gimme Three Steps” from late guitarist Gary Rossington’s final show with the band. Singer Jonny Van Zant shares in the 40-page booklet’s liner notes “We miss Gary so much… He was my cheerleader. So now I’m gonna have to remember his voice to keep my spirits up and keep this thing going … as a tribute, and so people remember him and Ronnie [Van Zant] and all the others who have been part of this.”
BuzzFeed put together a list of the most unusual things celebrities have in their homes. Here are some highlights:
- Sheryl Crow: She has traditional death masks that were created after the person passed away, including former presidents William McKinleyand William Howard Taft.
- Robert Downey Jr.: His house itself is a converted 19th-century windmill.
- Rainn Wilson: He has a pig farm and barn, and collectible gas station art, including Mobil’s Pegasus logo, which has bullet holes. (???)
- Neil Patrick Harris: He has a stretch portrait from Disney’s Haunted Mansion ride. It’s the man in striped boxers that’s standing on dynamite. He also has a “monkey bar” that has taxidermy monkeys.
- Kacey Musgraves: She has a joint from Willie Nelson. . . in a FRAME.
- RuPaul: He has a “disco room” that has 26 disco balls.
- Burlesque model Dita Von Teese: She has a taxidermy collection including a tiger, and a vintage feather collection.
- Zedd: He has a Skittles dispenser that’s the size of a vending machine.
- Cara Delevingne: She has a hidden vagina tunnel. (???)
- “SNL’s”Chloe Fineman: She keeps her wig collection in her oven. (You can see more at BuzzFeed.com.)
A poll of 2,000 people revealed America’s favorite TV family. And the Addams family made the Top 10 TWICE.
Here are the results:
- The Addams family from “Wednesday”
- The Simpson family from “The Simpsons”
- The Brady family from “The Brady Bunch”
- The Bundy family from “Married… with Children”
- The Addams family from “The Addams Family”
- The Barone family from “Everybody Loves Raymond”
- The Taylor family from “Home Improvement”
- The Tanner family from “Full House”
- The Braverman family from “Parenthood”
- The Banks family from “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”
And as a bonus, here are the Top 10 TV show best friends:
- Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler from “Law & Order”
- Wednesday and Enid from “Wednesday”
- Walter White and Jesse Pinkman from “Breaking Bad”
- Rachel and Monica from “Friends”
- Robin and Steve from “Stranger Things”
- Chandler and Joey from “Friends”
- Cory and Shawn from “Boy Meets World”
- Jerry and George from “Seinfeld”
- Laverne and Shirley from “Laverne & Shirley”
- Kevin and Paul from “The Wonder Years”
As of yesterday… FORMER Cardinal Paul DeJong is 30.
Charli XCX is 31. British singer from “Boom Clap” and Iggy Azalea’s “Fancy”.
Edward Furlong is 46. John Connor in “Terminator 2”.
Sam Worthington is 47. Jake Sully in the “Avatar” movies.
Kevin Smith is 53.
Mary-Louise Parker is 59. Pot selling mom Nancy Botwin on “Weeds”
Apollonia is 64. Prince’s girlfriend in “Purple Rain”.
Butch Patrick is 70. Eddie Munster on “The Munsters”
Today’s birthday girl has been in 191 fine films, including:
– All You Can Eat
– Anal Anarchy
– Bad Ass Grandma 4
– Big Boob Bangeroo 28
– Feel Or No Deal
– Gym And Juice
– Lesbian Car Wash
– And who can forget her role in 2001’s If You Can’t Lick ’em, Join ’em
Michelle Thorne is 44 years old