That Sucks

Home » Rizzuto Show » That Sucks » #ThatSucks: A Woman Was Held In A Psych Ward For Claiming President Obama Follows Her On Twitter…But He Actually Does.. AND WAY MORE

#ThatSucks: A Woman Was Held In A Psych Ward For Claiming President Obama Follows Her On Twitter…But He Actually Does.. AND WAY MORE


A Woman Was Held in a Psych Ward For Claiming President Obama Follows Her on Twitter . . . But He Actually Does


 32-year-old Kam Brock of Long Island, New York was pulled over last September in Harlem when cops believed she was high on weed.  She wasn't, but they confiscated her car anyway.



When she went to get it back, she says she got emotional . . . and the cops wound up cuffing her and sending her to the PSYCH WARD of a hospital in Harlem.



She was trying to prove to the staff she wasn't crazy . . . so, as an example, she told them PRESIDENT OBAMA follows her on Twitter.  Unfortunately, that made them think she was CRAZIER.



She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and her paperwork says that the whole Obama claim made them believe she didn't understand reality.



But here's the thing . . . Obama really DOES follow her on Twitter.  He also follows about 644,000 other people . . . some famous ones, some regular Americans.



She was finally released from the psych ward after eight days . . . and hit with a bill for $13,637.



Now she's suing the hospital and the NYPD . . . she didn't specify how much she wants in the suit. 

Man stung hundreds of times by bees at Utah high school baseball game

One man was sent to the hospital as a swarm of bees attacked players and spectators at a Utah high school baseball game Friday.

The man was stung between 200 and 300 times by Africanized honey bees, or killer bees, at Elk’s Field in St. George, Fire Capt. Robert Hooper said.

Cooper said the man did not exhibit any severe reaction and was alert and talking to emergency responders. Several other people were treated for stings at the scene as well.

Matt Bezzant, Lone Peak High School baseball coach, told The Spectrum the bees came from the dugout and players were chased by as many as 70 bees at one point.

Fire crews doused the dugout with chemical foam to combat the bees.

It is not known what caused the bees to become aggressive, but fire officials said it is not uncommon for bees to begin migrating and colonizing in the area at this time of year, reported.

Africanized honeybees were discovered in the southern part of Utah in 2009, according to the Utah County Beekeepers Association. The killer bees are 10 percent smaller than European honey bees and have a shorter lifespan.

The bees can respond more quickly and sense danger from humans or animals from at least 50 feet away. When attacking, they might pursue a victim from up to a half-mile.

Woman Beaten To Death For Burning Quran Was Wrongly Accused

Afghanistan's top criminal investigator has found that the woman beaten to death last week for burning pages from a Quran was wrongly accused, The Associated Press reports. Thirteen people, including eight police officers, have been arrested in connection with her death.

"Last night I went through all documents and evidence once again, but I couldn't find any evidence to say Farkhunda burnt the holy Quran," General Mohammad Zahir said at the 27-year-old woman's funeral on Sunday. "Farkhunda was totally innocent."

The woman's brother Najibullah said that his sister had been a teacher of Islamic studies. (He is changing his second name to Farkhunda in her memory.) According to Reuters, he also denied reports that she had been suffering from a mental illness.

"My father was frightened and made the false statement to calm people down," Najibullah said.

At the funeral Sunday, Farkhunda's coffin was carried by women's rights campaigners, Reuters reports. The services were attended by hundreds of people, some chanting, "we want justice."

A Ministry of Interior spokesman, Sediq Sediqqi, told The Los Angeles Times that 13 police officials have been suspended in connection with the killing. Officials said that the mullah of the shrine where Farkhunda was killed has also been taken into custody.

A Fire Extinguisher Factory Catches Fire . . . But Burns For Hours Because of a Lack of Hydrants


A fire extinguisher factory in Chicago caught on FIRE late Thursday night . . . which is pretty close to the definition of irony.



And it's CRUEL irony too, because the fire raged for about three hours . . . apparently a warehouse full of extinguishers wasn't enough to stop it.



And when firefighters got to the scene, they found there weren't enough HYDRANTS around to get the water they needed to put it out.



So they made a chain of six fire engines, pumping from one to another, just to get enough water to finally kill the fire.



No one was injured, but the roof completely collapsed and the building was seriously damaged.  Investigators are still trying to figure out what caused it. 



The horrific frostbite injuries suffered by Australian woman who fell asleep drunk outside a bar in Canada… and nearly lost both her hands

An Australian woman has suffered severe frostbite injuries after she got so drunk she fell asleep outside a Canadian bar in the middle of winter.

Emma Quirk, who shared photos of her painful injuries onimgur, admits she was 'f***ing stupid' following the drunken incident in December at Prince Albert in Saskatchewan, Canada.

Ms Quirk, who lived in NSW's Blue Mountains but moved to Canada four years ago, says she was 'blackout drunk' when she lost her friends and was last seen at a bar about 2.30am.

She told her friends she was going to have a cigarette before vanishing into the minus 30 degree Celsius temperatures without her jacket and gloves.  

Ms Quirk was found outside a nursing home curled in a ball trying to sleep three hours later and her fingers were already notably purple.

'It was 5.45am when I was found. At 6.30 a nurse told me that best case scenario I keep my fingers… worst case I lose my hands,' she said. 

Ms Quirk was treated in hospital over several days and said medical staff all wanted to check out her 'sweet blisters' and find out how long an Australian could withstand the cold.

Her specialist Dr Randall Friesen – which she claims is a pun for Dr Freezin – told her her fingers would blister and swell before they could be popped a few days later.

'The pain and pressure at this point was verging on unbearable. I was taking opiates the whole time… frostbite recovery is pretty well known for its pain,' she said.

'My next visit with Doc Freezin he was wearing an apron and a face mask with a plastic shield over his head. 


NYPD Sergeant Who Never Took Sick Day in 42-Year Career Dies Weeks Shy Of Retirement

An NYPD sergeant who never took a sick day in his 42-year career died of an apparent heart attack at his home over the weekend, weeks short of retiring.

Sgt. Francis "Buddy" Murnane was about to turn 63, the NYPD's mandatory retirement age, when he died Sunday after the apparent heart attack. He was taken to the hospital after complaining of chest pain, according to the New York Post, and pronounced dead.

The NYPD says he was its longest-serving active officer.

"He wasn't just my big brother," said Terence Murnane, a retired NYPD detective. "He was my best friend. He was also the person I went to whenever I was stumped on a case because he had seen and done it all so many times. He always knew the answer."

Murnane worked on nearly every major case in the last 20 years, including the 2011 killing of Brooklyn officer Peter Figoski and the fatal stabbing of a 6-year-old boy in an elevator last summer, according to the Post.

He commanded a New York City Housing Authority homicide unit that covered three boroughs and earned numerous commendations, including the Staten Island Office of the Year, the Medal of Exceptional Merit and the NYPD Combat Cross awards, among others.

"If you are the bad guy, the worst of the worst … Buddy Murnane has been part of the team looking for you to bring you to justice," then-Councilman James Oddo said at a 2010 City Hall ceremony, according to the Staten Island Advance. "He has truly put community, city and country above all."

Murnane's wake was held Wednesday at the Colonial Funeral Home. His funeral is Thursday.