#RizzList: The Six Most Common Drunk Things People Do at Bars, The Ten Things That Annoy Bartenders the Most
The Six Most Common Drunk Things People Do at Bars
A recent survey asked bartenders how much they deserve to be tipped. The most common answer was $1 per drink.
If you think that seems excessive, just remember their job doesn’t ONLY involve pouring drinks for people. They also have to deal with the consequences of those drinks . . . a.k.a., drunk people.
Here are the six most common drunken behaviors bartenders said they’ve seen . . .
1. Spilling or breaking a glass. 74% of bartenders said they’ve seen someone do it. Which actually seems low.
2. Someone falling over because they were so drunk, 72%.
3. Drunken arguments, 72%.
4. Puking somewhere in the bar, 61%. It’s not clear if that includes the bathroom.
5. Getting into a physical fight, 61%.
6. Passing out in the bar, 48%.
57% of bartenders said they’ve had to call a cab for someone who was too drunk to drive. 49% have arranged for someone else to take them home. And 24% have literally had to take a customer’s keys away from them.
The Ten Things That Annoy Bartenders the Most
Here’s some potential life help for the weekend. A recent survey asked over 250 bartenders to name the most annoying things customers do all the time. Here are the top ten things that can make a bartender immediately hate you . . .
1. Asking for a free drink. They might give you one now and then. But never ask.
2. Whistling to get their attention.
3. Asking them to “surprise” you when they ask what you want.
4. Asking them to make your drink strong.
5. Waving money at them to get their attention.
6. Excessive conversation, especially if they’re busy.
7. Trying to flirt with them.
8. Ordering multiple drinks, one at a time. Don’t order a beer, then make them go back to the fridge to grab another one for your friend.
9. Ordering too many drinks for multiple people all at once. It’s only helpful if you’re organized about it and know exactly what everyone wants.
10. Not using a coaster, so the bar gets wet and they have to keep wiping it down.
The survey also asked them to name the top drink orders that make you look LAME. The top five are an appletini . . . a Jägerbomb . . . any type of frozen drink . . . a Sex on the Beach . . . and an Irish car bomb.