#RizzList: The Biggest Baby Naming Trends From the Year Included Disney Princesses, Cleveland Cavaliers Players, and Fancy Food Ingredients
The Biggest Baby Naming Trends From the Year Included Disney Princesses, Cleveland Cavaliers Players, and Fancy Food Ingredients
In about three decades, you can expect a lot of weddings between guys named LeBron and women named Moana. Cool?
BabyCenter.com just analyzed more than 500,000 baby names that parents gave their kids this year and figured out the big trends of 2017. Here they are . . .
1. Disney princesses, like Moana and Belle.
2. Cleveland Cavaliers players, like LeBron, Kyrie, and Kevin. And those names are popular even though the Cavs lost in the NBA Finals to the Golden State Warriors AND Kyrie Irving left the team.
3. Rappers, like Chance after Chance the Rapper and Kendrick after Kendrick Lamar.
4. Nature terms, with names like Willow and Storm for girls and Ember and Cloud for boys.
5. Fancy food ingredients, like Ginger, Saffron, and Miso.
If you’re into more traditional names, the most popular overall were Sophia for girls for the eighth year in a row . . . and Jackson for boys for the fifth year in a row.