Does Text Tell a True Story About an MRI Patient Suffering Injuries from a Metal Butt Plug? – LINK
Man pulled out of his car, beaten during St. Louis City road rage attack – LINK
Man accidentally drives 100 miles without his wife after stopping to use toilet – LINK
Green Day have dropped the first single and video from their upcoming album, as well as its title and release date. Their 14th studio album — and first since 2020 — is called Saviors and will be out on January 19th. As previously announced, its first single “The American Dream Is Killing Me” arrived this morning, along with its zombies-and-sniper-themed video. Watch it here:
Liam Gallagher appears to have confirmed that he’s doing a joint album with ex-Stone Roses guitarist John Squire. With typical modesty, Gallagher responded to a query about it by calling it “the best record since [The Beatles’] Revolver.” It has no title or release date, and since Gallagher has just finished a new solo album, it could be a while before it arrives.
Thirty Seconds to Mars and Journey are among nine acts who will perform at the first-ever kickoff concert for the Las Vegas Grand Prix, as part of its November 15th opening ceremony. Organizer Formula One says the performances will take place at the various grandstands they’ve set up for viewing the event. ESPN2 will air the ceremony nationally, and it will stream on the F1 YouTube channel.
The Smashing Pumpkins are down to two guitarists following the resignation of Jeff Schroeder, who’s been with them for the past 16 years. Schroeder explains he “decided to leave the band to make some space and explore a slightly different path.” He tells the story of how he came to join the band while working on his doctorate in comparative literature at UCLA, noting that “the opportunity seemed to come out of nowhere.” He thanks Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin, James Iha and Jack Blake “for being both wonderful bandmates and even better friends.” He says he will “miss sharing the stage” with them, and wishes them “all the success in the future.” In a joint statement on Twitter, Corgan, Chamberlin and Iha write, “Words can not express our gratitude and appreciation for the friend he is, and being there for SP in the good times and the tough times, too” – LINK
– Corgan and Iha are the band’s remaining guitarists. There’s no word yet as to whether they plan to replace Schroeder in the lineup.
Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love’s 31-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain and Tony Hawk’s son, Riley Hawk are now husband and wife! The two tied the knot earlier this month in Los Angeles. R.E.M’s Michael Stipe officiated the ceremony – LINK
- Stipe is also Frances’ godfather, and her godmother is Drew Barrymore.
- Frances and Riley have been together since early 2021, but Frances waited until February 2022 to confirm her relationship with Riley, 30.
- It’s her second marriage, his first.
Rest in Peace to Detective John Shaft – whose real name is Richard Roundtree. He has passed away at the age of 81. Roundtree embodied coolness in the 1970s by starring as the no-nonsense crime fighter in the original Shaft movies and television show, returning to the role in several Shaft reboots in the 2000s – LINK
- The actor worked in the industry for over 50 years, making his mark in movies like Se7en, Brick,and Speed Racer.
- One of his final roles was in last summer’s Moving On,starring Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda.
In his new book, John Stamos admitted to having two nose jobs when he was on “General Hospital” in the early ’80s. The second one happened within a year, and was necessary to “correct” the first one – and he went to Michael Jackson’s nose guy. He says, quote, “Everyone who gets a nose job tries to find some excuse other than vanity, but let’s call it what it was: vanity” – LINK
The iconic home from Halloween where Jamie Lee Curtis’ character once lived has sold. The South Pasadena, CA home that served as a filming location for the 1978 horror flick hit the market last month for $1.8M. It has officially sold for $1.68 million – LINK
- The famous house was made famous in the original Halloweenmovie as the place where Curtis’ character (teenage Laurie Strode) sat holding a pumpkin on the stoop.
- The four-bedroom home has been transformed into a 3-unit property. The lucky buyer will not only own a piece of horror movie history but will also have the opportunity to generate excellent rental income from the property.
- Jimmy Fallon has Cameron Diaz, Guy Raz, music by Eslabon Armado featuring Gabito Ballesteros
- Stephen Colbert has Talking Heads, Mae Martin
- Jimmy Kimmel has Meg Ryan, David Duchovny, Joe Walsh, Austin Reaves
- Seth Meyers has Allison Williams, Fisher Stevens and Neal Daniels
- Watch What Happens: Live has Kyle Richards, Teddi Mellencamp
21 Movie Monsters Who Are Actually Kind Of Hot
- Imhotep, The Mummy and The Mummy Returns (BILLY ZANE)
- R, Warm Bodies (NICHOLAS HOULT)
- Laurie, Trick ‘r Treat (ANNA PAQUIN)
- Master Gracey, The Haunted Mansion (NATHANIAL PARKER)
- Billy Butcherson, Hocus Pocus (DOUG JONES)
- Female Cenobite, Hellraiser (GRACE KIRBY)
- Sully, Monsters, Inc.
- Davy Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End
- The Pale Man, Pan’s Labyrinth
- Jennifer, Jennifer’s Body – LINK
Today’s birthday girl has been in 85 fine films, including:
– Casting Cuties 4
– Deep Heat
– Dirty Little Pig Tales
– Doctor Screw
– European Wife Sluts
– The Great British Gender Bender 2
– Pump Friction
– Weapons of Mass Satisfaction
– Wiener For The Cleaner
– World Cups
– And who can forget her role in 2003’s Let Me Taste It 2: Yummy
Jessica Love is 45 years old
The Winnipeg Jets scored twice in 18 seconds in the second period to open up a two-goal lead and kept the Blues (2-2-1) at bay the rest of the way, despite Robert Thomas’ goal with a few minutes left in the third period. The Blues scored their first power-play goal of the season with 1:35 left in the second period, as Buchnevich’s tip on a Brayden Schenn pass eluded the Jets goaltender. St. Louis was 0 for 12 prior to Buchnevich’s goal and were the last team in the NHL to score a power-play goal after Washington scored one earlier on Tuesday night. Blues open Canadian road trip with 4-2 loss to the Jets – LINK
The Arizona Diamondbacks have gone from a wild card team to a World Series team after beating the Phillies last night in Philadelphia. Here’s the final call from the deciding Game 7. (Final Score: D’backs 4, Phillies 2.) The Diamondbacks will play the Texas Rangers in the World Series. Game 1 is Friday in Arlington, Texas.
The National Basketball Association could be in some trouble as it kicks off its season. Sources report the league is being investigated by U.S. Government officials.TMZ said the Justice Department started probing the NBA for possible anti-trust violations in connection with attempting to kill off Ice Cube’s BIG3 summer league. Cube has been sounding the alarm for a while. He claims the NBA has discouraged sponsors and television networks from associating with the BIG3. An NBA spokesperson said, “Those claims are not true. We have been supportive of the BIG3 since its inception, but we declined to invest.”
Stephen Curry from the Golden State Warriors is one of the most successful athletes in the world. So you’d think he’s already got his kids on the fast track to sports dominance. And you would be WRONG. Steph has two daughters, ages 11 and 8, and a 5-year-old son. And he’s not pushing them AT ALL. He says, quote, “We’re all backyard sports right now. Nothing too organized . . . It’s more just confidence building and their ability to find joy in everything they do. “I think that’s a huge part of kids these days, not feeling too much pressure on having to be successful or keep up with their counterparts . . . I’m trying to make sure they enjoy being a kid and finding joy in everything they do.” I’m Moon and that’s your sports because Doing the bull dance, feeling the flow. Working it, working it
Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale has accumulated quite the track record in recent years when it comes to his massive bets. With the Houston Astros falling short of reaching the World Series, McIngvale will lose a considerable chunk of change. The Houston-area furniture store owner lost at least $7.9 million on Astros bets, according to Vegas Insider reporter Patrick Everson. If the Astros would’ve ended up winning the World Series, McIngvale would”ve taken home $50.9 million in total winnings. In late September, the Astros were in danger of not qualifying for the playoffs. At that time, McIngvale announced that he had placed a $1 million bet on the team to win the World Series at +1100 odds at Caesars Sportsbook. That marked the longest odds that the Astros had at any point during the 2023 season.
McIngvale placed the following bets on the Astros to win the World Series throughout the year:
- Spring training: $1.9 million at +600 to win $11.4 million at Caesars Sportsbook
- Sept. 15: $2 million at +600 to win $12 million at DraftKings
- Sept. 27: $1 million at +1100 to win $11 million at Caesars Sportsbook
- Pre-ALDS: $2 million at +450 to win $9 million
The Astros did finish the 2023 regular season by winning the American League West on the final day of the year. As a result of winning its division, Houston’s odds drastically decreased and had the best odds of any team to win the World Series at most sportsbooks.
McIngvale won a record $75 million when the Astros won the World Series in 2022. If the Astros would’ve repeated as World Series champions, he would’ve won an estimated $118 million over the last two years.
McIngvale will have to watch this year’s World Series from the sidelines, but it’s likely that we’ll see him placing big bets in due time with the Super Bowl and NCAA Tournament set to take place over the next six months.