A Woman Stabs Her Cousin When He Asks Her to Return a Sex Toy She Borrowed – LINK
A Guy Robbed a Postal Worker at Gunpoint and Only Wanted Rubber Bands – LINK
3rd time’s the charm? Suspected go-kart thief arrested after returning to same Parker store – LINK
Man set home ablaze clearing cobwebs with blowtorch – LINK
Man shot while showing off gun at Whataburger, police say – LINK
Man eaten by piranhas after jumping into lake to escape swarm of bees – LINK
Man accused of falsely claiming 7-year-old boy missing in Queens carjacking By Eyewitness News – LINK
Two Thieves Passed Out from a Gas Leak They Started While Stealing a Furnace – LINK
A Pizza-Loving Car Burglar Was Caught “Marinara-Handed”? – LINK
A study found that if we got rid of Daylight Saving Time (LINK), it might actually be bad for our health. Waking up when it’s dark out isn’t good for us. It messes with our sleep patterns. So if we didn’t fall back this Sunday, our internal clock would be confused for three full months instead of a few days twice a year.
18% of Americans Are Ready for Radio Stations to Play Christmas Music – LINK
There Are Job Listings for Remote Positions, Where the Boss Can Make “Unplanned Visits”? – LINK
David Fuller: Hospital worker admits murdering two women and sexually assaulting nearly 80 corpses – LINK
A Guy Stops to Help a Crash Victim, and She Steals His SUV with Five Kids Inside – LINK
There Are Three Times of Day with the Most Kidnappings – LINK
After the tragedy that occurred on the ALEC BALDWIN movie “Rust”, DWAYNE “THE ROCK” JOHNSON says that his production company will never use real guns again (LINK)
As you know, Chris Pratt and his ex-wife ANNA FARIS have a 9-year-old son named Jack. He was born prematurely and had some medical issues. These led to multiple surgeries and other health issues over the years. Chris and his current wife, KATHERINE SCHWARZENEGGER, have a 1-year-old daughter named Lyla. In a recent post, Chris was honoring Katherine for her birthday . . . which is still six weeks away. And he named a bunch of things he loves about her, including the fact that she gave him, quote, “a gorgeous healthy daughter.” And then the Twitter mob came for Chris, saying that calling his daughter “healthy” was an insult to Jack (LINK)
Celebrities are pretty easy to hate on . . . but not ALL. Thanks to some Reddit users, here’s a list of famous people who have basically ZERO haters (LINK):
- Rick Moranis. . . “The guy stopped acting to take care of his kids after his wife’s death.”
- Julie Andrews. . . “If you hate [her] . . . why?”
- Betty White. . . “One of the best things of 2020 is we didn’t lose [her].”
- Keanu Reeves. . . “A real man of the people!”
- Tom Hanks. . . “Someone described him as the only person who could drunkenly punch out a nun in an alley and the world would wonder, ‘Damn, what was wrong with that nun?'”
- Dolly Parton. . . “She’s so cool . . . How could you hate on someone who isn’t a billionaire because they keep donating so much to charity?”
- Mister Rogers. . . “Anybody who says anything bad about [him] is a monster and I don’t want to associate with them.”
- Tom Holland. . . “There is debate over who is the best Spider-Man, but Tom hasn’t done anything controversial.”
- Chadwick Boseman. . . “Legend . . . every Marvel fan loved that man.”
- Robin Williams. . . “If I found out someone genuinely hated him as a person and it wasn’t just a ‘don’t care for his movies’ situation’, I don’t think I’d be able to continue knowing that individual . . . that’s a red flag.”
43 year old local guy Brad Lamb is a cake artist at Heaven Scent Bakery in O’Fallon, Missouri, and also at Wedding Wonderland Cakeshop in Florissant. He also has his own cake studio, Belle Reine Confections. He is featured on at least the first episode of this season of “Holiday Wars,” begins Nov. 7 on Food Network. (The episode will be rebroadcast at 11 p.m. Nov. 7 and 6 p.m. Nov. 14.) Nine teams will compete for a final prize of $25,000. Each team has three members who did not know one another before the competition begins (LINK)
Marvel’s “Eternals” has been banned from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Qatar . . . apparently because of a gay character. BRIAN TYREE HENRY plays the gay superhero Phastos . . . and there’s a scene where he kisses his husband. Homosexuality is illegal in much of the Persian Gulf region. The word is that Disney is refusing to cave and remove the gay content. They also stood their ground with the Pixar movie “Onward”, which had a brief mention of a lesbian couple. As a result, it was banned. “Eternals” hits theaters in the U.S. TODAY. It’s the 26th film in the MCU.
“The Simpsons” have been living at 742 Evergreen Terrace in Springfield for more than 30 years, so you can bet they’ve got some serious equity built up in that house. A real estate company appraised the Simpsons’ home, and decided it’s worth $449,000 in today’s market. To determine the value, they looked at the market in Springfield OREGON, since that’s MATT GROENIG’s home state. They estimated that the Simpsons have 2,200 square feet, four bedrooms, and two and a half bathrooms . . . plus a wooden picket fence, a patio, and a custom treehouse. There are also some cool attractions nearby, including the Springfield Museum of Natural History, the Springfield Wax Museum, and the Springfield Knowledgeum (LINK)
Wonwoo Park, the creator of the original “The Masked Singer” format is bringing us yet another singing competition show I am scheduled to not watch. “Lotto Singer,” in which viewers can win cash prizes by correctly betting on contestants’ performances. Not sure when it is set to premiere (LINK)
This is his first holiday album and it includes eight Christmas favorites like “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” and “Silver Bells” “The Season“, Steve Perry, the former lead singer of Journey
The Broken Lizard comedy team . . . you know, the guys behind “Super Troopers” and “Beerfest” . . . are working on a satire of “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”. It’s called “Quasi”, and it’s about a hunchback who only wants love, but finds himself in the middle of a feud between the pope and the king of France, who each order him to kill the other. Broken Lizard’s other films include “Club Dread” and “Slammin’ Salmon”. Their last movie was “Super Troopers 2”, in 2018.
Here is a list of actors who turned down doing a sequel or reboot:
- WILL FERRELLturned down “Elf 2” because the premise was too similar to the first movie and didn’t want to lie that it was good, even if the pay was good.
- JENNETTE MCCURDYturned down the “iCarly” revival because she retired from acting and had other projects she was working on.
- KIM CATTRALLdid not want to return for the new “Sex and the City” series, “And Just Like That”. In a 2019 interview when asked if she’d return, she simply said, “Never . . . it’s a no from me.”
- KEANU REEVESturned down “Speed 2” to play Hamlet in a 1995 Canadian production. Fox didn’t work with him again until 2008 with “The Day the Earth Stood Still”.
- JODIE FOSTERdidn’t return as Clarice Starling for “Hannibal” because she was already doing another movie.
- MARY-KATEand ASHLEY OLSEN didn’t return for “Fuller House”. Ashley didn’t feel comfortable acting again and Mary-Kate said the timing was bad.
7. Kristen Wiig, who co-wrote and starred in Bridesmaids, turned down the chance to make a sequel to the 2011 hit comedy.
Celebrating a Birthday today:
Wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. is 29.
Kevin Jonas is 34.
Golfer Bubba Watson is 43.
Singer Ryan Adams is 47. Sixteen albums, yet I defy you to name one of his songs.
Sam Rockwell is 53.
Actress Tilda Swinton is 61.
Singer Bryan Adams is 62.
Liquid metal guy from Terminator 2, Robert Patrick is 63.
Kris Jenner is 66. Overlord of the Kardashian empire.
Former NBA star and now broadcaster Bill Walton is 69.
Art Garfunkel is 80.
Emma Stone is 33.
Once married into the Kardashian clan… then he blew it. Lamar Odom is 42.
Rebecca Romijn is 49.
Ethan Hawke is 51.
The former Mrs. Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver is 66.
Sally Field is 75.
And on Sunday
Singer Lorde turns 25.
Actor/comedian Adam DeVine turns 38.
The guy who did the documentary Supersize Me, Morgan Spurlock is 51.
Peter from the Brady Bunch. Christopher Knight is 64.
The star or Bar Rescue Jon Taffer is 67.
Joni Mitchell turns 78.
Today’s birthday girl has been in 164 fine films, including:
- The All National Interracial Cougar Hunt 6
- Bad News Bitches 4
- Ben Dover’s Porn Emporium
- Bruthas Who Luv Muthas 2
- Desperate Housewhores: Trophy Wives of Beverly Hills
- The Dirty Facts of Life
- Mean Amazon Bitches 1
- Weiner Envy
- Welcome to Boobsville
- And who can forget her role in 2009’s Mom’s Baking Brownies
Jordan Kingsley is 45 years old
Yesterday the Blues played game 2 of their West Coast road trip against the San Jose Sharks. And, after the debut of goalie Jake Hofer, where he made 23 saves and picked up an assist, and we saw FOUR goals from Blues players who were NOT on the team last year, including two from Brandon Saad, a goal from Pavel Buchnevich, and a goal from James Neal, the Blues beat the Sharks 5-3 after an empty netter from Robert Thomas. They have the next two days off and then they play the Ducks in Anaheim on Sunday.
The St. Louis Cardinals have officially declined the option on Matt Carpenter and Carlos Martinez making both of the player’s free agents. Carpenter has been with the Cardinals for the past 10 years and the last 2 of those years have been pretty rough. Martinez has been with the squad since 2013 and was supposed to be the next big thing for the Cards. Unfortunately, he just never really kept it going consistently. He did make the All-Star team in 2015 and 2017.
High school football playoffs continue tonight. Marquette plays SLU, Francis Howell plays Timberland, Fort Zumwalt South plays Chaminade and CBC will play DeSmet. St Dominic takes on McCluer tomorrow afternoon. Full list of the high school playoff schedule is on the blog if you wanna check it out.
Coming off a remarkable victory on Sunday, upsetting the Bengals, the Jets were riding high. That excitement came crashing down last night as they were humiliated on national television. New York never stood a chance, allowing 532 yards of offense in an ugly 45-30 loss. Indianapolis ran all over them, racking up 260 rushing yards. That’s more yards than any other team has gained on the ground in a single game this season.
All signs point towards the Browns releasing Odell Beckham Jr. after he was reportedly excused from practice again Thursday and isn’t expected to be back in the building the rest of the week. It’s unknown when the expected release will happen, but Beckham Jr. will not suit up on Sunday against the Bengals. The wide receiver was held out of practice Wednesday, three days after a 15-10 loss to the Steelers that could’ve been his final Browns game.
Apple is turning its lens on the life of Magic Johnson. The streamer has landed a four-part docuseries exploring the life of the NBA star and Hall of Famer. The series will follow Johnson’s early life in Michigan, to becoming an L.A. Lakers superstar and five-time NBA champion. It will also explore his HIV status and how that news helped became more of an activist. The series will feature never-before-seen footage and interviews with Johnson as well as personalities from the worlds of business and politics, those in his inner-circle and showcase what Apple dubs as an “unprecedented look” at the NBA legend.
If you haven’t read up about the Suns’ investigation going on right now where many employees are accusing ownership of creating a toxic and hostile workplace, you gotta read up on the specific details of this whole thing…its wild. Among the allegations reported are instances of the Suns’ owner using racially insensitive language, making lewd and misogynistic comments and fostering an environment in which “employees felt they were his property.” Incidents detailed by ESPN, include:
- Owner Robert Sarver making inappropriate comments in all-staff meetings, including discussing times when his wife would perform a certain act on him.
- Sarver asking former coach Earl Watson, who is Black and Hispanic, why Warriors forward Draymond Green “get[s] to run up the court and say [n-word].”
- Sarver using a racial slur when trying to explain to a staffer why he preferred hiring Lindsey Hunter, who is Black, over Dan Majerle as head coach in 2013. “These [n-words] need a [n-word],” Sarver told the staffer of his team, according to the executive.
- Sarver once asking a female employee whether he “owned” her to determine whether she worked for the Suns.
- Sarver creating a culture in which a number of employees, especially woman, described incidents of being subjected to, or witnessing, verbal barrages from male executives.
- Pantsing a former Suns account executive in front of more than 60 employees at the team’s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Sarver, through his attorneys, acknowledged using the n-word once many years ago to “describe the importance of having each others’ back.” And he characterized a number of the incidents cited in the report as untrue.
Mizzou will take on #1 ranked Georgia tomorrow on the road. Kick off is scheduled for 11AM. Tomorrow Illinois is ALSO on the road as they take on Minnesota. Kick off for that game is also at 11AM.
And finally — Sportico released its list of the 25 highest-paid athletes of all time Thursday, and it is headlined by Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods. Based on career earnings adjusted for inflation, Jordan and Woods are the only two athletes to earn at least $2 billion. Jordan leads the way with $2.62 billion thanks largely to the $1 billion in royalties Nike has paid him since he retired in 2003, while Woods has earned $2.1 billion, also benefiting from a longtime Nike partnership. Of the 25 athletes on the list, 12 of them have earned at least $1 billion since turning pro. They are as follows:
1. Michael Jordan: $2.62 billion
2. Tiger Woods: $2.1 billion
3. Arnold Palmer: $1.5 billion
4. Jack Nicklaus: $1.38 billion
5. Cristiano Ronaldo: $1.24 billion
6. Floyd Mayweather Jr.: $1.2 billion
7. LeBron James: $1.17 billion
8. Lionel Messi: $1.14 billion
9. Michael Schumacher: $1.13 billion
10. Roger Federer: $1.12 billion
11. Phil Mickelson: $1.08 billion
12. David Beckham: $1.05 billion