One in Four People Expect Their Valentine to Spend $0 on Them – LINK
Valentine’s Day “Would You Rather”: Go Out, or Order In . . . Hang with Friends, or Go on a Date? – LINK
10 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Eaten in Bed Include: Soup . . . Spaghetti . . . and a “Roast Dinner” – LINK
Here are five last, last, last minute Valentine’s dates you can still pull off with one trip to a store on the way home or less . . .
1. Romantic walk through a park, then going out for dessert.
2. Getting matching tattoos together.
3. Ironic fast food date where you both dress up fancy and bring a tablecloth and silverware into the restaurant.
4. Buy a sushi-making kit and ingredients for a sushi prep date.
5. Turn your place into a “spa” with candles and the right music, then give them an hour massage. They will no longer care you didn’t take them to a fancy restaurant.
Man Asks If He’s Wrong For Sending His Parents To A Hotel For Being Too Loud While In Bed Together In His Guest Room – LINK
Women’s Underwear Is Taxed More Than Men’s Underwear? – LINK
Mehlville school bus driver no longer employed with district after student left on bus for hours – LINK
A “small metallic balloon”: this is how the Pentagon describes the unidentified object shot down in Canada – LINK
Gas Prices Almost $3 In Some Places As National Drop Continues – LINK
New York-bound Delta Airlines flight makes emergency landing after flames spotted – LINK
United Airlines plane plunges toward Pacific after taking off from Maui – LINK
Train that derailed in Ohio carried more toxic chemicals than initially reported – LINK
German ballet director suspended over feces attack on critic – LINK
Gardening expert shares exact date when you should cut grass after winter – LINK
Taylor Swift made a lot of money in 2022. After releasing her tenth studio album, Midnights, in October 2022, Taylor Swift made history by being the first performer to have ten songs in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100. 14 million devoted fans tried to purchase tickets for her 2023 Eras Tour a month later, causing Ticketmaster to crash! The demand for Taylor has never been more significant. Taylor earned most of her $92 million in earnings from the music she recorded in previous years. An estimated 70% came from her past library, including royalties from album sales and Streaming. Taylor placed at No. 9 among the top 10 highest-paid performers; this is the sixth time she has reached the list, and in 2019 she was placed first.
“Forbes” magazine has released its list of the highest-paid entertainers of 2022. And the top spot is not Taylor but rather goes to . . . Genesis. They pocketed $230 million last year, thanks to the sale of their music catalog, their farewell tour, and other revenue streams. Here are the top 10 . . .
- Genesis, $230 million
- Sting, $210 million. He also sold his catalog last year.
- Tyler Perry, $175 million. He’s the only actual billionaire on this year’s list.
- “South Park” creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, $160 million. Most of that comes from a deal they signed with Paramount in 2021, guaranteeing them $935 million over six years.
- “Simpsons” creators James L. Brooks and Matt Groening, $105 million. They’re pocketing big money from Disney’s acquisition of Fox, and the migration of the show from FX to Disney+.
- Brad Pitt, $100 million. Brad sold his stake in the production company Plan B, and also earned money from the movies “Bullet Train”, “Babylon”, and “The Lost City”.
- The Rolling Stones, $98 million. They were making $8.5 million per night on their 15-city European tour last summer.
- James Cameron, $95 million. “Avatar: The Way of Water”, obviously.
- Taylor Swift, $92 million. The only woman on this year’s list. She released “Midnights” in October, then in November, her fans crashed Ticketmaster trying to get tickets to her upcoming tour.
- Bad Bunny, $88 million. He made his cash from two tours, and endorsement deals with Corona, Cheetos, and Adidas (Forbes)
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are going on tour . . . surprisingly for the first time together. It’s called The Restless Leg Tour, and they’ll be sharing jokes and stories from their 30 years of friendship. They said in a joint statement, quote, “If this tour goes right, we can finally end this friendship!” It kicks off April 28th in Washington D.C. and they’ll also stop in Chicago, Boston, and Atlantic City (Hollywood Reporter)
Extras on the set of Joker 2 are a bit P-Oed, literally. TMZ reports that the actors are upset about a lack of bathroom access on the Warner Brothers lot in Burbank, California. Reportedly, extras have been working for over two-hour stretches without a chance to stop and go to the bathroom or get some water. When the actors ask, the production staff gets upset. One person had to use the bathroom so badly, they had to plead with an assistant director. Sources overheard one A.D. say, “Why are you drinking more water? So you have to go pee again?” Another allegedly said, “I’ve never had to go to the bathroom this much. What do they even do in there? Cause they definitely aren’t using them.” The Screen Actors Guild is aware of the complaint. The union spoke to the production folks, and all seems to be well…for now.
Post Malone is one of the biggest celebrities on the planet right now. But his famous face worked against him recently . . . because of the INK that’s all over it. Malone wanted to check out a popular rooftop bar at the QT Hotel in Perth, Australia, but they wouldn’t let him in. It seems they have a dress code that prohibits, quote, “face, neck, and offensive tattoos.” And they don’t care if you’re Post Malone. He says, quote, “They turned me away for my tattoos. I’ve never really experienced anything like that.” He ended up at another bar, where he bought drinks for everybody (Consequence)
U2 announced during the Super Bowl, that they are heading to Vegas for a residency at the new, state-of-the-art MSG Sphere at The Venetian. A brief “alien-themed” ad broke the ‘Achtung, Baby’ residency news during the big game, with a longer, four-minute spot diving deeper into the theme available. U2xSphere.com has your ticket details. Sadly, drummer Larry Mullen won’t be in Vegas with U2 due to issues with his neck and elbows.
Every adult’s least-favorite purple dinosaur is on the come-up again. Mattel is re-launching “Barney” as an ANIMATED series in 2024. There’s also a possibility of MOVIES and YouTube content. And there will be, quote, “Apparel and accessories for adult fans.” (If you know any adults who would be interested in this, I believe you are well within your legal rights to have them committed.) Mattel says, quote, “We will tap into the nostalgia of the generations who grew up with Barney, now parents themselves, and introduce the iconic purple dinosaur to a new generation of kids and families.” (Hollywood Reporter)
Not since “Snakes on a Plane” or “Cocaine Bear” has branding been this basic . . . but hey, if it works, it works. The movie “Plane” is getting a sequel, and it will be called . . . “Ship”. (???) “Plane” stars Mike Colter as Louis Gaspare, an accused murderer helping rescue survivors of a plane crash from pirates on a remote island in the Philippines.
In “Ship”, Colter will return as Gaspare. In the sequel, he’ll board a cargo ship to escape the Philippines, only to discover it’s being used to transport victims of a human trafficking ring. So once again, he has to be the hero (No word if they’re planning to make this a trilogy, but I have some possible titles for a third installment: “Car” . . . “Scooter” . . . “Paddleboat” . . . “Skateboard” . . . “Hovercraft” . . . ) (Hollywood Reporter)
Elvis Presley’s private jet sold for $260,000. It had been sitting in the desert in New Mexico for almost 40 years. (Full Story)
Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly haven’t broken off their engagement, but Megan isn’t speaking to him, and she took off her ring. (Full Story)
Check out the trailer for a “Children of the Corn” reboot that looks like it could be half decent. (Full Story)
Lil Nas X and Zedd are being sued for throwing a party at a Hollywood mansion that caused over $25,000 in damages. (Full Story)
Megadeth will reunite with former guitarist Marty Friedman for a one-off show in Tokyo. (Full Story)
Evolution Festival to Feature Brandi Carlile, Black Keys, Black Crowes, Ben Harper, Ice Cube & More – LINK
You can have your opinions, but this is SCIENCE: Billboard put together a list of the Top 50 Love Songs of All Time. They took all the songs with the word “love” in the title from the history of the Hot 100 . . . and ranked them by performance. Here’s the Top 10:
- “Endless Love”, Diana Ross and Lionel Richie (1981)
- “I’ll Make Love to You”, Boyz II Men (1994)
- “How Deep is Your Love”, The Bee Gees (1977)
- “We Found Love”, Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris (2011)
- “Silly Love Songs”, Wings (1976)
- “I Will Always Love You”, Whitney Houston (1992)
- “Let Me Love You”, Mario (2005)
- “Because I Love You (The Postman Song)”, Stevie B (1990)
- “I Love Rock n’ Roll”, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts (1982) (Obviously this one slipped in on a technicality.)
- Best of My Love”, The Emotions (1977) (Check out the complete list here.)
Don’t just listen to BASIC love songs this Valentine’s Day. Billboard dropped a list of the 20 best pop-punk love songs. They are:
- “Sk8er Boi”, Avril Lavigne
- “Still Into You”, Paramore
- “Josie”, Blink-182
- “I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend”, Ramones
- “2,000 Light Years Away”, Green Day
- “Ocean Avenue”, Yellowcard
- “Punk Rock Girl”, Dead Milkmen
- “She Looks So Perfect”, 5 Seconds of Summer
- “Teenage Kicks”, The Undertones
- “Bathwater”, No Doubt
- “Check Yes Juliet”, We the Kings
- “The Best of Me”, The Starting Line
- “The Future Freaks Me Out”, Motion City Soundtrack
- “Cotton Candy”, Yungblud
- “Punk Rock Princess”, Something Corporate
- “I’ll Catch You”, The Get Up Kids
- “I Like You”, Man Overboard
- “Flowers Where Your Face Should Be”, The Wonder Years
- “Every Day’s the Weekend”, Alex Lahey
- “My Heart Will Go On”, the New Found Glorycover of Celine Dion’s “Titanic” theme
We all have our favorite romantic movies, but if you need a recommendation, Elle.com put together a list of 17 of the best ones to watch on Valentine’s Day.
Many of the obvious choices are in there, like “When Harry Met Sally”and “The Notebook”.
So here are some of the ones you may NOT be sick of:
- “In the Mood for Love”, 2000
- “Love & Basketball”, 2000
- “Casablanca”, 1942
- “Moonlight”, 2016
- “Before Sunrise”, 1995
- “If Beale Street Could Talk”, 2018
- “Cinema Paradiso”, 1988
- “Mississippi Masala”, 1991
- “Up”, 2009 (Yes, the first few minutes will absolutely crush your soul, but it ends well.) (???)
- “It’s a Wonderful Life”, 1946 (Yes, it’s a Christmas movie, and you probably overdose on it every December. But there’s a pretty strong love story between George and his wife running through it, so it works in February, too.)
Have you ever looked back on a song you used to sing-along to, and realize it’s actually about SEX? Well, thanks to a thread on Reddit, here’s a list of those types of songs:
- “Wannabe”, Spice Girls: “Zig-a-zig-ah is an orgasm, apparently.”
- “Like a Prayer”, Madonna: “I just realized a couple of weeks ago that [it’s] about [oral sex]. Sigh.”
- “Get Lucky”, Daft Punk: “I thought it was about online gambling.”
- “Macarena”, Los del Rio: “It’s about a lady getting with, like, a dozen different guys while her boyfriend is off serving in the military.”
- “Shut Up and Drive”, Rihanna: “Didn’t Disney put this in one of its kids movies? I really thought it was about cars.”
- “Candy Shop”, 50 Cent: “I just thought [he] really liked sweets. Then I realized he was talking about a brothel. And the lollipop he will let them lick doesn’t have sugar in it.”
- “Physical”, Olivia Newton-John: “It seems no one bothered about the lyrics. They saw the music video and thought it was about getting into physical exercise.”
- “Little Red Corvette”, Prince: “I remember thinking, ‘It’d be better if it were about cars.'”
- “Cherry Pie”, Warrant: “I just thought he and the pretty girl in the video really liked pie.”
- “Afternoon Delight”, Starland Vocal Band: “There’s a scene in ‘Glee’where a teacher sings this thinking it’s about having dessert in the afternoon.” (You can see more at BuzzFeed.com.)
Super Bowl 57 averages 113 million viewers, third most-watched television show in history – LINK