More women than men report being aroused by aggression in porn, according to study – LINK
25% of People Don’t Consider Something a “Good Deal” Unless It’s Half Off – LINK
Man goes on shooting spree in West County, hits custard stand and vehicles before being arrested – LINK
Toby Keith has announced he has been battling stomach cancer since late last year but has received treatment and plans to return to the stage soon. He posted Twitter and Instagram and said that he was diagnosed with cancer last fall. Keith wrote, “I’ve spent the last 6 months receiving chemo, radiation, and surgery. So far, so good. I need time to breathe, recover and relax.” According to his official website, Toby is set to play the Ribfest in Illinois on June 17th.
Pop star Justin Bieber informed fans on Friday that he’s canceling the rest of his tour due to being diagnosed with Ramsay Hunt syndrome–a virus that causes chickenpox and shingles resulting in–resulting in “full paralysis” on half of his face. Ramsay Hunt syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that occurs when a virus infects a nerve in the head near the inner ear. Bieber asked for prayers and reassured his fans that he’ll eventually get better, with time. “It will go back to normal — it’s just time and we don’t know how much time, but it’s going to be okay,” he said in his Instagram video. “Obviously my body’s telling me I gotta slow down. I hope you guys understand and I’ll be using this time to just rest and relax and get back to 100%.”
Post Malone recently revealed that he has a really bad smoking habit and can consume up to 80 cigarettes per day.Post said, “On a really terrible day? There’s a very fine line between a terrible day and a good day… 40-45.” He continued, “By the time I ask Ben for that second pack, I’m like, ‘Alright dude, chill out.’ But then by the time I open that third pack, I’m like, ‘I’m a total piece of s**t and I need to go to sleep.'” He added the most he has ever smoked in a day, “Probably like 80.” Post continued, “I used to [smoke them in bed], but not really anymore. Now I have like a special zone – it has like my PC in it and my Magic: The Gathering s**t, so I just go down there and f**king rip cigs and build decks and die in Apex Legends. It definitely has [f**ked up my voice], but I mean, Johnny Cash smoked his whole life – he sounded cool, you know?”
Lizzo’s new single was made for the girls…but it doesn’t have a sorta familiar ring to it all. The song – titled “Grrrls” officially follows the smash hit “About Damn Time” as the second single off the superstar’s upcoming fourth studio album, Special, which is supposed to come out on July 15th. The song’s title also happens to correspond with Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls, the singer’s reality television show for Amazon Prime that found her on the hunt to find plus-size backup dancers for her upcoming “The Special Tour.”
This show is officially coming back to Netflix for season two and according to a message from the director, the second season will bring back some major characters. ((AUIDO)) Gi-hun and the mysterious Front Man will return in season 2 of Squid Game. The note also says, “It took 12 years to bring the first season of ‘Squid Game’ to life last year. But it took 12 days for ‘Squid Game’ to become the most popular Netflix series ever.” The renewal comes during a shift in Netflix’s fortunes since the show originally came out. While Squid Game has been a massive worldwide hit, in April, Netflix reported its first drop in subscribers in ten years.
Speaking of Netflix — Stranger Things‘ season four is so popular that its given life to the show’s previous seasons. The show’s fourth season is at the top for the most-watched Netflix series of the week with over 335 million watched hours. Now, seasons 1, 2, and 3 of Stranger Things have claimed second to fourth place with 75, 58, and 47 million watched hours! With all four seasons dominating the top ten, Stranger Things has set a new record for Netflix.
David Koechner was recently cited for DUI in Ohio. The actor, known for the Anchorman films and on NBC’s The Office, was pulled over early in the morning of June 4 and refused a DUI test. He was issued a ticket for OVI meaning “operating a vehicle impaired”. This is his second DUI in less than a year.
Spider-Man: No Way Home is returning to theaters on September 2nd – this time with new and extended scenes. Marvel’s “The More Fun Stuff Version” of the film celebrates the 60th anniversary of the Spider-Man comics and the 20th anniversary of Toby Maguire’s Spidey debut. ,Tickets for the extended film go on sale on August 9th.
Jurassic World Dominion earned an estimated $143.4 million in its domestic opening. Globally, the movie finished Sunday with a total of $389 million. The final installment of the series easily won the weekend as Top Gun: Maverick fell to No. 2 in its third weekend. Top Gun 2 continues to over perform, however, as it approaches the $400 million mark domestically.
If you think about it, ever since the slap incident with Chris Rock…Will Smith has laid pretty low. However, Will Smith is reportedly taking control of his career and working on a new film. According to a new report, he is making a sequel to his 2007 film, “I Am Legend.” A source said “The script is being written mentioning Will remains attached to the project. The concept is still to be signed off by Warner Brothers, but there has been no indication that Will is off the project.” Furthermore, the insider confirmed that Will Smith is making the movie via his company Westbrook Media. “Obviously he is the producer of the film and his production company is in charge while the development continues. And Will himself is undergoing therapy and taking time away from the limelight,” the source added.
Duke Nukem, the 90s video game that helped popularize the first-person shooter genre, is getting the feature film treatment. Legendary Entertainment, the company behind Dune and the Godzilla monster movie series, has picked up the movie rights with the guys behind the Cobra Kai series on board to produce. Launched with a self-titled debut in 1991, Nukem is $1 billion video game franchise. When the third game, Duke Nukem 3D, came out in 1996, it became not only a critical hit but one that helped usher in first-person games for years to come. After laying low for years, the franchise came back in 2011, with Duke Nukem Forever.
Fox has found its new So You Think You Can Dance judge. Leah Remini will join the long-running competition show next week. She takes over for Matthew Morrison, who exited the show on May 27 after violating its competition production protocols. Remini will make her first appearance on the June 15 episode. She said QUOTE: “I am thrilled to join So You Think You Can Dance. I look forward to guiding these incredibly talented artists through this competition as a fan of the show and a great admirer of dancers. I can’t wait to see the artistry that the contestants bring to the stage.”
With Father’s Day on Sunday, let’s take a look at some TV show dads. Sometimes they look so much like their TV kids you’d think they could ACTUALLY be related in real life. We call that a casting win. “BuzzFeed“ recently asked their readers for examples. Here are 10 of the responses:
- Phil (Ty Burrell) and Fred Dunphy (Fred Willard) on “Modern Family”
- Randy (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) and Tim Taylor (Tim Allen) on “Home Improvement”
- Veronica (Camila Mendes) and Hiram Lodge (Mark Consuelos) on “Riverdale”
- Archie (KJ Apa) and Fred Andrews (Luke Perry) also on “Riverdale”
- J.D. (Zach Braff) and Sam Dorian (John Ritter) on “Scrubs”
- Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Gavin Schmidt (Peter Gallagher) on “New Girl”
- Jack Kline (Alexander Calvert) and Castiel (Misha Collins) on “Supernatural
- Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) and Lionel Luther (John Glover) on “Smallville”
- Tony (Michael Weatherly) and Anthony DiNozzo (Robert Wagner) on “NCIS”
- Junior (George O. Gore the Second) and Michael Kyle (Damon Wayans) on “My Wife and Kids”
Actors get rejected for roles all the time, obviously. But sometimes the reasons are odd, unexpected, and even shocking. Here are some examples:
- Andrew Garfieldwanted to be Prince Caspian in the “Chronicles of Narnia” movies, but he was told he wasn’t handsome enough.
- Brenda Songclaims she wasn’t allowed to audition for “Crazy Rich Asians” because her “image” wasn’t Asian enough. The director denies it, though.
- Robert Redfordgot turned down for “The Graduate”, because he was too handsome to play a “loser”. The much uglier Dustin Hoffman ended up with the part.
- Robin Williamswanted to play Hagrid . . . then later Remus Lupin . . . in the “Harry Potter” movies. But he was denied both times because they were only hiring Brits.
- Zoe Kravitztried out for “The Dark Knight Rises”, but was told she was “too urban.”
- Tom Hollandauditioned for Finn in the latest “Star Wars” trilogy, but he couldn’t stop laughing during the audition.
- Chris Kleinbombed his audition for “Mamma Mia!” because he couldn’t sing. That’s right, he auditioned for a singing part without being able to sing.
- Harry Stylesreally wanted to star in that new “Elvis” movie, but he was too . . . Harry Styles. Director Baz Luhrmann late explained, quote, “The real issue with Harry is he’s Harry Styles. He’s already an icon.”
CELEBRITIES CELEBRATING A BIRTHDAY
Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen are 36.
Max from 2 Broke Girls, Kat Dennings is 36
Captain America, Chris Evans is 41.
Our buddy Steve-O from Jackass is 48
Lead singer of Weezer, Rivers Cuomo is 52.
Ally Sheedy is 60.
Comedian Tim Allen is 69
Alex DeLarge in Stanley Kubrick’s “A Clockwork Orange”, Malcolm McDowell is 79
Today’s birthday girl has been in 487 fine films, including:
- Asian Sex Buffet
- Black Bros and Asian Ho’s 1
- Dummies Guide to Porn 2
- Fashionably Laid
- The Good the Bad and the Slutty 3
- Howard Ramone’s Bada Bimbos 5
- Kissing Cousins 4
- The Sexual Exploits of Jean Val Jean
- White on Rice 1
- And who can forget her role in 2009’s I’m Just Here For The Strippers
Nautica Thorn is 38 years old!
- The NHL’s Stanley Cup Final is set.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning will take on the Colorado Avalanche for a shot at a championship.
- The Lightning are going for their third straight cup while the Avs are trying to win their first Stanley Cup title since 2001.
- The best of seven series kicks off on Wednesday night. Colorado has home-ice advantage.
See the schedule below. All Times Eastern.
Game 1: Wednesday, June 15 | 8 p.m. | at COL |TV: ABC
Game 2: Saturday, June 18 | 8 p.m. | at COL | TV: ABC
Game 3: Monday, June 20 | 8 p.m. | at TB | TV: ABC
Game 4: Wednesday, June 22 | 8 p.m. | at TB | TV: ABC
Game 5: *Friday, June 24 | 8 p.m. | at COL | TV: ABC
Game 6: *Sunday, June 26 | 8 p.m. | at TB | TV: ABC
Game 7: *Tuesday, June 28 | 8 p.m. | at COL | TV: ABC
Tiger Woods Reaches Billionaire Status
- Tiger Woods is officially a billionaire.
- Forbes reported Friday that Woods now has a net worth of more than a billion dollars.
- Other sports icons in the Billionaires Club include NBA stars Michael Jordan and LeBron James.
- Surprisingly, only 10% of Woods’ wealth comes from actually playing golf. The majority of his dough comes from endorsements and sponsorships.
Mo Donegal Wins Belmont Stakes
- Mo Donegal won the 154th Belmont Stakes over the weekend, giving trainer Todd Pletcher his fourth Belmont win.
- Mo Donegal was a favorite to win Belmont, going in with 5/2 odds. The racehorse finished fifth in this year’s Kentucky Derby.
- No horses took part in this year’s three legs of the Triple Crown.
The NBA FINALS continue tonight with St. Louis’ own Jayson Tatum and his Boston Celtics taking on the Golden State Warriors at 8pm. Series is tied 2-2.
The Cardinals play another hot one tonight at 6:45 here in Busch stadium. They take on the Pirates tonight, then a double header tomorrow and another on Wednesday. The Pirates have done nothing but lose in their last 5 games.