The origins of candy corn: A divisive delicacy, destined to be a Halloween tradition – LINK
Don’t dump deer carcasses around roads or waters of St. Louis, MDC warns – LINK
Parents attack Little League umpire after children say he was taking photos of them in bathroom – LINK
Keep Hitting Snooze! A Study Found There’s No Harm in It – LINK
Woman with heartache ‘prescribed’ new cat by heart doctor – LINK
Joran van der Sloot admits to killing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway – but her body will never be found, judge says – LINK
Metallica have posted a pro-shot video of their performance of “Fuel” from Power Trip on October 8th. Watch it on YouTube. And in other Metallica news, Lars Ulrich will make appearances at Costco locations in San Francisco and Concord, California on October 28th to sign bottles of the band’s
U2 were contemplating extending their 25-date residency at the Sphere in Las Vegas into next year, and now, according to the New York Post, it’s a done deal, with 12 more shows to be announced. The Sphere, which is owned by James Dolan, who owns New York’s Madison Square Garden and The Forum in Los Angeles, is good friends with U2’s manager, Irving Azoff, who helped Dolan secure the land where the Sphere was built. Dolan and Azoff are also in talks to bring another of Azoff’s acts to the building — the Eagles. U2 are at the Sphere through December 16th with appearances this week tonight (Wednesday), Friday and Saturday.
Last July, Kevin Hart and Chris Rock headlined five shows in New York and New Jersey and the cameras were rolling, and we’ll get to see what happened in Kevin Hart & Chris Rock: Headliners Only. The documentary is scheduled to premiere on December 12th on Netflix.
And speaking of your Netflix subscription, the streaming giant is raising prices again. The premium ad-free plan will increase by $3 per month to $22.99, the basic plan will go up by $2 per month – LINK
· The price increase comes as Netflix added 9 million new subscribers worldwide. The large amount of new users comes as a direct impact of Netflix cracking down on password sharing.
In his new memoir, John Stamos reveals that he was molested by a female babysitter when he was 10 or 11. She was 18 or 19. Also in the book, John talks about how much he HATED Rebecca Romijn after they split. He says he held onto that hatred “way too long,” and he eventually came to realize he was also at fault – LINK
Burt Young died earlier this month. He was 83. He played Paulie in the “Rocky” movies, and was also in “Back to School”, “Once Upon a Time in America”, “The Pope of Greenwich Village”, and “Chinatown” – LINK
There’s a new wax statue of The Rock in France, and it’s just wrong. The Rock is a proud Samoan, who has made a point to celebrate his Hawaiian heritage in his films. The statue, however, looks like some white dude named Craig. It’s jarringly lacking The Rock’s darker skin tone, which makes for an unsettling sight. He looks like Mr. Clean… – LINK
ON TV TONIGHT:
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon has Bad Bunny
- Late Night With Seth Meyers has Darren Aronofsky and Fred Armisen
- The Late Show With Stephen Colbert has Keegan-Michael Key, Elle Key and music from Jon Batiste
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! has Snoop Dogg and Patricia Williams
- Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix (NETFLIX, Season 1 Premiere)
- Bodies (NETFLIX, Season 1 Premiere)
- Crashing Eid (NETFLIX, Season 1 Premiere)
- Neon (NETFLIX, Season 1 Premiere)
- Scavengers Reign (MAX, Season 1 Premiere)
- The Burning Girls (PARAMOUNT+, Season 1 Premiere)
- Just for Kicks (CRACKLE, Season 1 Premiere)
We recently heard that Tom Cruise has a clause in his movie contracts stating that his likeness can’t be used on merchandise. Well, here are some weird and / or interesting things other celebs have put in theirs:
1. Keanu Reeves has a “no digital editing” clause, because years ago, a tear was digitally added to his face and it changed his performance.
2. Jack Nicholson demanded extra time off from shooting “Batman” so he wouldn’t miss any Laker games.
3. Queen Latifah refuses to DIE in any of her movies . . . that way, she can always be in the sequel.
4. Mark Wahlberg had a clause in his contract for “Silver Linings Playbook” that guaranteed him $900,000 if Anne Hathaway dropped out of the movie. She did . . . but he quit FIRST, so he didn’t get the payout.
5. Samuel L. Jackson demands time off to play golf twice a week. He also makes sure it’s in his contract that he doesn’t have to do a second take if he thinks he nailed it the first time.
6. Barbra Streisand demands peach-colored toilet paper to match her skin tone . . . and rose petals in the toilet bowl.
7. “Fast and Furious” stars The Rock, Jason Statham, and Vin Diesel all refused to be depicted as the loser in a fight . . . so Diesel devised a point system based on the number of kicks, punches, and headbutts each of them delivered and received – LINK
In recognition of Disney’s 100th anniversary, MovieWeb.com took on the practically impossible task of ranking the 30 best animated characters. Of course, Mickey Mouse is at #1. But see if you agree with the rest.
Here are the Top 20:
1. Mickey Mouse
2. Donald Duck
4. Winnie the Pooh
5. Elsa from “Frozen”
6. Tinkerbell from “Peter Pan”
7. Stitch from “Lilo & Stitch”
8. Maleficent from “Sleeping Beauty”
9. Genie from “Aladdin”
10. Cinderella from “Cinderella” – LINK
TODAY’S CRAPPY BIRTHDAYS
Pras is 51. Former Fugee. Biggest hit: 1998’s “Ghetto Supastar”.
Chris Kattan is 53
Trey Parker is 54. “South Park” co-creator
Jon Favreau is 57. “Mandalorian” creator. You know him as Happy Hogan in the “Iron Man” and other MCU movies. He directed the first two “Iron Man” films, plus “Elf”, “Cowboys & Aliens”, and the “Jungle Book” and “Lion King” remakes.
Ty Pennington is 59. “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” stud who used to be the carpenter on “Trading Spaces”.
Evander Holyfield is 61.
John Lithgow is 78.
Today’s birthday girl has been in 424 fine films, including:
– All New Hot Showers 2 & 3
– The Asian Sex Buffet
– Ass For Days 9
– Big Boob Babes Hard at Work
– The Booty Hunter
– Caged and Cucked
– Gazongas 4
– Massage Parlor Mayhem
– Touch My Tushy 5
– And who can forget her role in 2013’s New Years Lesolutions
Brandy Aniston is 39 years old