A Drunk Man Was Arrested After Shooting at Phantom Thieves – LINK
A Drunk Driver Crashed into a Liquor Store, Then Went in to Buy More Booze – LINK
A Drug Dealer Called the Cops When a Customer Stole $10 – LINK
A man spoke to 911 screaming about bears attacking him. Officials said he was drunk and just wanted help getting out of the woods. – LINK
A Woman “Borrowed” an Alligator for a Photo Shoot, and Left It in a Hotel Bathtub – LINK
Mexico drug smuggler is caught trying to sneak 400 pounds of cocaine across border concealed in boxes of CUCUMBERS – LINK
Kayaker charged with possessing 26 lbs. of cocaine on Lake Champlain – LINK
A Guy Stole Border Patrol Equipment to Prep for a Zombie Apocalypse – LINK
Philippines Airport Worker Caught Swallowing Cash Allegedly Stolen From Passenger – LINK
Someone Strapped a Halloween Mask to Their Seat to Use the Carpool Lane – LINK
Someone Stole a Vacuum Filled with Angry Hornets – LINK
California youth football coach accused of punching, knocking out player, 14 – LINK
St. Clair teacher placed on leave over virtual sex work – LINK
Gypsy Rose Blanchard, Abuse Victim Convicted in Mother’s Murder, to be Released from Prison Early – LINK
Imperial man stalked teen, posed as his dad to get his hockey schedule, charges say – LINK
National Coffee Day 2023: Dunkin’, Krispy Kreme and more coffee spots have deals, promotions – LINK
Man goes to hospital with stomachache — shocked docs retrieve 60 household items from his gut – LINK
Kris Jenner’s manfriend, Corey Gamble finally had a cool thing happen for him and Kris crapped all over it. On Thursday’s Season 4 premiere of The Kardashians, the momager revealed that her 42-year-old beau was offered a role on the hit TV show Yellowstone. But she forced him to turn it down because she “thought he was gonna have to have a romantic relationship” on the show. But Khloé pointed out her mother’s hypocrisy, saying, “But if they said they wanted you to star and kiss with [Yellowstone star] Kevin Costner, I’m sure you would take it.” Kris replied, “Oh, that’s a hard yes!” – LINK
Netflix ships out its final DVDs today, and users get to keep them. There are fewer than a million people who still subscribe to the DVD-by-mail plan, and they will be able to keep the final discs that land in their mailboxes. Netflix mailed out its first DVD in 1998. It was “Beetlejuice” – LINK
A scripted series about Tom Brady called “The Patriot Way” is in the works. Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson, who wrote The Fighter are working on The Patriot Way, adapting the bestselling 2018 book 12: The Inside Story of Tom Brady’s Fight for Redemption. The Patriot Way chronicles Brady’s improbable rise from sixth-round NFL draft pick to his half-dozen Super Bowl wins with the Patriots, the Aaron Hernandez, Spygate and Deflategate scandals and Brady’s battle of wills with head coach Bill Belichick. Brady himself isn’t involved in the series – LINK
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony is heading to streaming for the first time. The November 3rd program at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn will be streamed live on Disney Plus and then available for on demand streaming afterwards. Then ABC will show edited highlights of the ceremony on January 1st – LINK
Cops did a welfare check on Britney Spears, after her video where she’s dancing with knives. Police talked to her security, who said she fine, but didn’t want to talk to them. So they left – LINK
Mick Jagger says if The Rolling Stones ever sold their post-1971 music catalog, the profits would go to charity. He says his eight kids don’t need the estimated $500 million – LINK (In case you were wondering, Mick’s eight kids range in age from six to 52.)
New Releases in Record Stores:
Green Day‘s Dookie: 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition is a four-CD or six-LP box set that adds 17 unreleased demos, their Woodstock 94 performance and a 17-track unreleased club show from Barcelona in 1994.
Sleep Theory‘s debut EP, Paper Hearts, includes “Numb.”
Volbeat‘s Michael Poulson returns to his metal roots with a new side project called Asinhell and their album Impii Hora (Ungodly Hour)
Black Stone Cherry‘s Screaming at the Sky includes “Nervous.”
Also out this weekend on DVD or Blu-ray is the documentary Dio: Dreamers Never Die.
NEW IN THEATERS THIS WEEKEND:
“Saw X“ (R)
- Tobin Bell returns as John Kramer/Jigsaw in this 10th “Saw” It takes place weeks after the events of the first film. He travels to Mexico after learning there’s a risky and experimental procedure to cure his cancer.
- John quickly learns the whole operation is a scam targeting the most vulnerable. So he, and his apprentice Amanda Young (Shawnee Smith) decide to subject the con artists to a series of traps.
“PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie“ (PG)
- In this sequel, the PAW Patrol pups gain superpowers from a magical meteor that crashed in Adventure City. The meteor’s magic crystals transform them into the Mighty Pups.
- Meanwhile, Mayor Humdinger escapes prison and teams up with meteor expert Victoria Vance to steal the pups’ magic crystals and powers. The voice cast includes Kim Kardashian, James Marsden, Taraji P. Henson, Kristen Bell, and Mckenna Grace.
“Dumb Money“ (R)
- It’s based on the true story from January 2021, when Redditors and casual investors took on Wall Street and got rich by raising GameStop’s stock value. It stars Paul Dano, Pete Davidson, America Ferrera, Nick Offerman, Shailene Woodley, Seth Rogen, Sebastian Stan, and Anthony Ramos.
“The Creator” (PG-13)
- This science fiction film takes place in the future during a war between humans and artificial intelligence.
- John David Washington plays an ex-special forces agent named Joshua who’s been recruited to hunt down and kill The Creator. The Creator is an architect who used advanced A.I. to create a weapon that will end the war and humanity.
- Joshua and a team of operatives travel to A.I. territory and discover that the weapon is actually in the form of a young child.
Cards play the Reds tonight at Busch with a start of 710pm
Atlanta Braves superstar and National League MVP frontrunner Ronald Acuña Jr. made history on Wednesday night during his club’s 6-5 extra-innings victory over the visiting Cubs. Acuña, in the 10th inning, swiped his 70th bag of 2023, making him the first player in Major League Baseball history to hit 40 or more home runs and steal 70 or more bases in the same season. Ronald Acuña Jr. becomes first 40-70 player in MLB history as Braves knock Cubs out of playoff position in NL – CBSSports.com
The injured Lionel Messi watched from the stands as Inter Miami lost 2-1 to Houston Dynamo in the final of US Open Cup.
Forward Messi, 36, was substituted against Toronto FC last week because of an “old injury” and sat out Miami’s draw at Orlando City on Monday. Houston clinched their second US Open Cup in five years.
Miami’s Spaniard defender Jordi Alba also missed the game because of injury.
The regular MLS season ends on 21 October, with the play-offs taking place from 25 October to 9 December.
Messi has scored 11 goals and provided five assists for the MLS franchise since joining in July after his PSG contract expired. Injured Messi misses Inter Miami cup final defeat (msn.com)
Taylor Swift wasn’t the only one watching the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
According to FOX Sports, the game was the week’s highest-rated telecast on any network, with 24.3 million viewers.
Despite the 41-10 trouncing over the Chicago Bears, the game especially captivated female viewers, ages 12 to 49, the network said.
As word on social media spread just before kickoff that Swift, 33, was in attendance, the Chiefs Kingdom and Swifties likely converged to view the epic moment when the superstar pulled up to Arrowhead Stadium at the invitation of Chiefs star Travis Kelce