Gen Z Trend: “Silent Walking” . . . or Just Leaving Your Phone at Home? – LINK
Shots fired at Kirkwood school’s trunk-or-treat event – LINK
The Top Costumes We’re Searching for in 2023 – LINK
Woman ate 48 oysters on a date — what happened next was shocking – LINK
Half of Women Are Just Now Entering Their “Confidence Era” – LINK
Not sure how gym rats will feel about this: Women prefer flings with more muscular men . . . but not marriage. (Full Story)
What’s the Pettiest Reason You’ve Ever Broken Up with Someone? – LINK
2024 Dating Trends Include “Premature Intimacy,” “Thera-Posing,” and “Rizz-Colored Glasses” – LINK
Suzanne Somers, best known for her roles on Three’s Company and Step by Step, died Sunday morning, a day before her 77th birthday. In a statement, her publicist wrote, “Suzanne Somers passed away peacefully at home in the early morning hours of October 15th. She survived an aggressive form of breast cancer for over 23 years. Suzanne was surrounded by her loving husband Alan, her son Bruce, and her immediate family.” The statement added that “her family was gathered to celebrate her 77th birthday on October 16th. Instead, they will celebrate her extraordinary life, and want to thank her millions of fans and followers who loved her dearly.” A private family burial will take place this week, and a memorial will be held in November – LINK
Britney Spears released a “trailer” for her upcoming book, “The Woman In Me”. Britney will only read a portion of the audio version. Actress Michelle Williams does the rest. “The Woman In Me” comes out a week from tomorrow and Britney says, quote, “Reliving everything has been exciting, heart-wrenching, and emotional, to say the least. For those reasons, I will only be reading a small part of my audiobook.” – LINK
Will Smith has spoken up after Jada said she and Will have been separated for seven years to promote the contents of her new book, Worthy. Will told the New York Times, “When you’ve been with someone for more than half of your life, a sort of emotional blindness sets in, and you can all too easily lose your sensitivity to their hidden nuances and subtle beauties.” He also said that Jada’s revelations in her memoir “woke him up.” He understood that “she had lived a life more on the edge” and that “she is more resilient, clever, and compassionate.” – LINK
If you’ve ever wondered why we don’t have more Tom Cruise action figures, it’s because Tom Cruise supposedly has a clause in his movie contracts that says his likeness CAN’T be used to create merchandise . . . including toys and video games – LINK
In its opening weekend, Taylor Swift’s concert film about her six night stint at SoFi Stadium in LA, Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour, made about $96 million at the box office, which makes it the highest-grossing concert film domestically for an opening weekend. The theater chain provided a range of $95 million to $97 million for the film’s opening weekend on Sunday. Monday’s official tally will unveil if Swift was able to capture the highest opening of October, currently held by 2019’s The Joker ($96.2 million) – LINK
Lars Ulrich if the mainstream understands hard rock any better now than decades ago, he replied “…In terms of the zeitgeist and overall mainstream culture, it doesn’t feel like we’re as much a part of the mainstream conversation as it has been in the past.” – LINK
David Lee Roth shared another track from the unreleased album he recorded in 2007 with guitarist John 5. This time it’s an acoustic number called “Manda Bala,” which you may remember from 2020 when he included in The Roth Project, an online comic that he narrated. All the songs were recorded at Henson Recording Studios in Hollywood. Roth’s last album was 2003’s Diamond Dave.
Zack de la Rocha of Rage Against the Machine returned to the stage for the first time since August 2022 Thursday night at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles to join Run the Jewels on “Close Your Eyes.” De la Rocha’s torn achilles and surgery to repair it forced Rage to cancel the rest of their reunion tour dates.
Blink-182 have released a lyric video for “Fell in Love” from One More Time.
Bring Me the Horizon have released a lyric video for “Darkside,” the new single from Post Human: Next Gen. Watch it now on YouTube. The band has yet to announce a new release date for Post Human: Next Gen.
New voice of Mario … A couple months ago, the voice actor behind Nintendo’s Mario character retired. Rumors are swirling on the interwebs that they’ve found a new guy to do the voice. The rumors suggest it’s going to be Mick Wingert, who’s famous for playing Marvel’s Tony Stark / Iron Man since 2015 in a bunch of cartoons and video games — as well as Po in the Kung Fu Panda video games. The official announcement is scheduled for next Friday, October 20th. Stay tuned to see if the interwebs were right – LINK
ON TV TONIGHT:
Late Night With Seth Meyers has Kelly Clarkson and Erin Andrews
The Late Show With Stephen Colbert has Jada Pinkett Smith and music from Ricky Velez
- Monday Night Football: Progressive Monday Night Kickoff (ABC)
- Monday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Chargers (ABC)
- Fboy Island: I Care, Bro (CW)
- Fboy Island: This is Gonna Be a Good Season (CW)
- WWE Monday Night Raw (USA)
- Spin 100 Greatest Rock Stars (AXS TV)
TRASH THIS LIST:
Fox 2 put together a list of the movies that put ST. LOUIS on the map in cinema! In no particular order – LINK
- White Palace: Glen Savan, a native of St. Louis, wrote the book “The White Castle,” on which this movie is based. Savan even makes an appearance in the film as an extra, playing a disgruntled customer.
- King of the Hill: Based on A.E. Hotchner’s memoir of his childhood in St. Louis during the Great Depression, this movie follows a boy’s life in the city.
- The Black Hole is a movie about a scientific experiment gone wrong and the mayhem a mysterious creature wreaked in St. Louis.
- Escape from New York: While filmed in St. Louis, the movie is set in 1997, when the U.S. president crashes into Manhattan, now a giant maximum-security prison. A convicted bank robber is sent in to rescue him.
- Up in the Air: George Clooney was in St. Louis during the creation of this film. The story follows Ryan Bingham, who enjoys a life on the road but faces changes when a potential love interest and a new business model threaten his lifestyle.
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: One of the few Thanksgiving movies, this film features an unlikely friendship taking a drive through St. Louis, with the iconic Arch in the background.
- Gone Girl: Featuring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, this psychological thriller revolves around a man whose wife goes missing and was filmed in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
- The Great St. Louis Bank Robbery: This movie, filmed in St. Louis, features notable names like Steve McQueen and focuses on a robbery in the city.
- National Lampoon’s Vacation: The Griswold family’s vacation takes unexpected turns in this 1983 classic, including passing through St. Louis and catching a glimpse of the Arch.
- Manhunter (1986): Based on the Red Dragon books but not part of the Hannibal Lecter series, this movie includes a scene at St. Louis Lambert Airport.
- The Empty Man: This movie has scenes on both sides of the river as an ex-cop encounters kids attempting to summon a demon during a missing person’s case.
- The Exorcist: The 1973 film was partially inspired by a family with close ties to St. Louis. The child that inspired the movie, Ronald Hunkler, grew up to work at NASA.
- The Ghost Who Walks: Created by a director who grew up in St. Louis, this movie features a scene on Locust Street.
- Larger Than Life: Starring Bill Murray, this film includes scenes on either side of the river
Today’s birthday girl has been in 331 fine films, including:
– Against My Religion
– Ass Parade 14
– Beautifully Stacked 3
– Big Booty Obsession 2
– Big Juggs vs. Thugs
– Busty Cops On Patrol 3
– Buttface 2
– Mamacitas 10
– Seduced By The Boss’s Wife 4
– True Confessions Of A Porn Starlet 5
– Who’s the Bitch Now 1 & 2
– Yoga Freaks 2
– And who can forget her role in 2008’s Fast Times at Naughty America University 7
Reena Sky is 40 years old
Two nights after making 33 saves in a shootout loss in Dallas, Blues goaltender Jordan Binnington turned in another strong outing on Saturday, making 30 saves. Robert Thomas scored the game-deciding goal in the third round of the shootout to lift St. Louis to its first win of the season. The Blues have an extended break before hosting the Coyotes on Thursday night. Robert Thomas scores winner as Blues beat Kraken in shootout in home opener (stltoday.com)
Mizzou beat No. 24 Kentucky, 38-21, Saturday night. It’s the second win over ranked opposition this season for the Tigers (6-1, 2-1 Southeastern Conference), who are now bowl-eligible for the fourth consecutive season under coach Eli Drinkwitz. Mizzou survives slow start to topple No. 24 Kentucky for key road win, bowl eligibility (stltoday.com)
Jimmy Garoppolo has been taken to the hospital in an ambulance after suffering a back injury in the Las Vegas Raiders’ game against the New England Patriots, according to reports. Garoppolo left the game in the latter stages of the first half at Allegiant Stadium, and appeared frustrated while speaking to trainers at the side of the field. According to multiple reports, he then walked back to the locker room under his own power, but was then seen getting into an ambulance a few moments later. Raiders QB Jimmy Garoppolo ‘is rushed to hospital in an ambulance’ (msn.com)
The National Football League just wrapped up three consecutive weeks of London games. Could the league eventually take a Super Bowl to England? NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell addressed the question last week at a fan forum. Goodell said, “It is not impossible, and it is something that has been discussed before.”He continued, “I think that is not out of the question, but at the end of the day, I think right now our formula will stay the same about playing [Super Bowls] in cities that have franchises.”