A Guy Tried to Give Himself a Nose Job Using YouTube Tutorials – LINK
A “Red Bull Addict” Stole a Ton of Red Bull . . . Then Led Police on a High-Speed Chase – LINK
Police Allege North Carolina Woman Seeking Revenge on Ex-Boyfriend Set Fire to Wrong House – LINK
Lexington bank robbery suspect ID’d from cell phone left behind, turns himself in Read more at – LINK
A Man Tried to Outrun the Cops on a Stand-Up Paddleboard – LINK
Man tries to throw container of meth into river during traffic stop, police say – LINK
A Guy Started a Wildfire While Trying to Burn a Spider – LINK
Former port worker admits to calling in bomb threat to Port of Savannah facility – LINK
MAN DIES WALKING INTO BLADES … Cops Fear He Was Attempting Selfie – LINK
18-Year-Old Lollapalooza Security Worker Accused of Faking Mass Shooting Threat to Get Off Early – LINK
KFC tests new chicken nuggets in aim to reach Gen Z – LINK
Meat eaters at Cracker Barrel rage over yucky Impossible sausage – LINK
Falling screen injures 2 dancers on stage at Hong Kong concert – LINK
Woman Furious After Finding Out Family is Making Bets on How Long Marriage May Last – LINK
Lady Gaga is officially onboard. On Wednesday, Warner Bros. announced the official release date for the upcoming Joker sequel, titled Joker: Folie à Deux where Joaquin Phoenix will be reprising his role as the Joker. Then Lady Gaga confirmed on social media that she will play Harley Quinn in the film. Joker: Folie à deux will be released in theaters on October 4, 2024, exactly five years after the first film was released. Joker was originally supposed to be a standalone film, but after making more than $1 billion globally at the box office and earning Joaquin an Oscar, a sequel was planned.
Guys…Dwayne The Rock Johnson is JUST like most of us in the Midwest. He claims to be having In-N-Out for the first time ever. He says he’s BEEN to In-N-Out but he’s never had it. But like many things these days, he turns it into a plug for his tequila brand.
The Tonight Show is bringing us a Superstar Super Summer. Madonna will guest host on August 10 in celebration of her upcoming compilation album. On August 11, Megan Thee Stallion joins Jimmy Fallon as co-host and Meg will be the musical guest. Then Demi Lovato arrives for a three-day takeover August 16 to 18 just ahead of her new album release. Also on board for Fallon’s Superstar Super Summer lineup of special guests are Sterling K. Brown, Elvis Costello, Idris Elba, Kate McKinnon, Martin Short, and more!
Lisa Kudrow felt self-conscious while doing wardrobe fittings for “Friends”. She struggled with body dysmorphia and couldn’t help but compare her body to Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston. During an appearance on a podcast, Lisa said, quote, “I thought, ‘Oh, [Courteney and Jennifer] know tailoring so they can discuss it with the costume designer about where exactly to take it in'” She said they’d assist her with alterations, but it didn’t change how she felt about her body. Quote, “I’m not trying to say I was overweight. I was not. I just had no idea of the actual shape of my body.”
What is out in theaters this weekend? First things first you have the new action comedy starring Brad Pitt called Bullet Train. The trailer is on the blog…it’s about an assassin sent to Tokyo on a simple mission to retrieve a briefcase from the world’s fastest train. Unfortunately, the train’s full of other assassins, who all have their own agendas – 55% critics…84% audience
Also – Jo Koy’s comedy called Easter Sunday is out. It’s a story loosely based on his life. It’s about his return home on Easter Sunday. So – August seems like the perfect time to release it – 35% from critics…71% from audience
Bodies,Bodies, Bodies with Pete Davidson is out today. That’s about a party hosted by a millionaire where people decide to play hide and go seek that leads to a murder – 93% critics…86% audience
Keanu Reeves is making his return to TV as the lead of the anticipated adaptation of Devil in the White City. The news was officially announced by Hulu on Thursday. The limited true-crime series is based on Erik Larson’s bestselling novel about an architect racing to leave his mark on history with the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair and a man who becomes known as America’s first serial killer and the monster behind “Murder Castle.”
A lot of people watch two different types of TV shows . . . the REAL shows they love, and then the shows that they have on in the background, when they’re busy dealing with . . . life. These background shows are great for multitasking because they can be entertaining . . . even if you’re only giving them about 20% of your attention. The people at “Business Insider” put together a list of 12 great mindless, background shows. Here they are:
- “20/20”. . . To satisfy true-crime obsessions, plus there’s a lot of repetition.
- “Futurama”. . . Witty sci-fi comedy, in simple self-contained episodes.
- “Wife Swap”. . . It’s good for this because it’s structured and over-produced.
- “The Real Housewives of Potomac”. . . Reality TV is great for ambient noise.
- “Emily in Paris”. . . The plot is fun, but pointless.
- The “Charmed”reboot . . . Easy to tune in and out freely.
- “Ted Lasso”. . . This one made the list for being REWATCHABLE.
- “The Great British Baking Show”. . . It has a pleasant, relaxed vibe.
- “The Great Pottery Throwdown”. . . Another wholesome, hobby-based competition show
- “Love on the Spectrum”. . . perfect to LISTEN TO while cleaning or working on something else.
- “The Office”. . . It’s filled with tons of jokes and quotable lines.
- “Shark Tank”. . . It’s easily digestible with several “pitch” segments.
In a new clip from Paramount+‘s reboot of Beavis and Butt-Head…the two bicker over BTS as one of them inadvertently reveals his mega fandom status. The Beavis and Butt-Head revival hit yesterday and its filled with scenes of the two idiots sitting on their couch as usual and commentating on recent music videos. While watching the video for BTS’ single “Dynamite,” Beavis accidentally exposes his love for the K-pop superstars in a new YouTube clip from the show’s second episode.
Love his music….hate his music….regardless we keep hearing about Post Malone doing pretty awesome things. Posty has raised over $200,000 through a charity streaming event called “Gaming for Love”. He did four streams playing “Apex Legends” and each stream benefited a different charity. If you’re not familiar with how a gaming livestream works, you basically see the player’s screen, with a webcam video of the player in a corner. So in this case, you get to see Post’s screen, with a live webcam of him in the corner. The charities he played for were the Human Rights Watch . . . Project HOPE . . . United Way . . . and the Trevor Project. The events took place on July 18th, 20th, 22nd, and 24th. If you missed the streams on Twitch, they all got posted to YouTube yesterday on the Gaming for Love channel. There are also links to donate. In related news, Post is challenging a fan to a game of “Magic: The Gathering (LINK)“ for a chance to win $100,000. He chose a player last night and will face-off on the 11th.
A few weeks ago, news broke about Michael Jackson refusing a Tupac collaboration because MJ was loyal to the Notorious B.I.G. We have new angles on the story. Death Row producer Danny Boy said Jackson heard Pac’s All Eyes on Me album, and he “went crazy.” ((AUDIO 1)) In another story, Napoleon of The Outlawz said Tupac was set to record with Michael, but the King of Pop didn’t show up.
Happy International Beer Day! According to people who voted on Ranker.com, these are the ten best country songs about beer. And Toby Keith made the list three different times . . .
- “Pop a Top“by Alan Jackson (1999)
- “Chug-a-Lug“by Roger Miller (1964)
- “I Love This Bar“by Toby Keith (2003)
- “I Think I’ll Just Stay Here and Drink“by Merle Haggard (1980)
- “Beer for My Horses“by Toby Keith featuring Willie Nelson (2002)
- “There’s a Tear in My Beer“by Hank Williams Jr. (1989)
- “Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy“by Big & Rich (2004) (Because of the lines “drinking long necks down” and “gettin’ buzzed on suds.”)
- “Pretty Good at Drinkin’ Beer“by Billy Currington (2010)
- “Red Solo Cup“by Toby Keith (2011)
- “Drink in My Hand“by Eric Church (2011)
Two-in-three dog owners say their dog gets stressed when riding in the car. According to a new study, giving your dog control of the TUNES can help their demeanor. But be warned: Experts say dogs generally prefer reggae and soft rock. They tend to dislike rock ‘n’ roll and songs that include WHISTLING.
Here are the Top 10 “calming songs” to keep your dog chill while traveling:
- “How Deep Is Your Love”, Bee Gees
- “No Woman, No Cry”, Bob Marley
- “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You”, Bryan Adams
- “I Want to Know What Love Is”, Foreigner
- “The Dark Side of the Moon”, Pink Floyd
- “One in Ten”, UB40
- “Hounds of Love”, Kate Bush
- “Desperado”, The Eagles
- “Many Rivers to Cross”, Jimmy Cliff
- “Your Love Is King”, Sade
The WORST song you can play? Ironically, it’s a song with DOG in the title. Here are the five worst to play:
- “Black Dog”by Led Zeppelin
- “Back in Black”, AC/DC
- “Paranoid”, Black Sabbath
- “Chop Suey!”, System of a Down
5. “Duality”, Slipknot
CELEBRITIES CELEBRATING A BIRTHDAY
Director of the Guardian of the Galaxy movies AND The Suicide Squad, St. Louis’ own, James Gunn is 56.
NBA Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing is 59.
Pat Smear from the Foo Fighters is 63.
Marcia Brady from the original Brady Bunch TV show, Maureen McCormick is 66.
Punky Brewster, Soleil Moon Frye turns 46.
Ginger Spice, Geri Halliwell turns 50.
M Night Shyamalan turns 52.
NBA great and ex-San Antonio Spurs center. The Admiral, David Robinson turns 57.
And On Sunday
Angels centerfielder Mike Trout turns 31.
Pittsburg Penguins’ captain Sidney Crosby turns 35.
Charlize Theron turns 47.
He played General Zod in the newer Superman movies, Michael Shannon turns 48.
David Duchovny turns 62
Iron Maiden lead singer Bruce Dickinson turns 64
Jerry’s chubby arch-enemy, Newman, on “Seinfeld”, Wayne Knight turns 67.
Today’s birthday girl has been in 109 fine films, including:
- The Adventures of Nurse Lick 8
- Beaver and Buttface
- Big Knockers 15, 16, 17, and 20.
- Booty Duty 6
- Cynthia And The Pocket Rocket
- She’s My Little Fortune Nookie
- Toe Tales 24: The Finest Hour 3
- And who can forget her role in 1995’s Hienie’s Heroes
Jessica James is 53 years old!
Lars Nootbaar had a walk-off RBI single for a 4-3 win in yesterday’s Cards / Cubs afternoon game. Nolan Arenado scored the winning run in Game 1 and had a game-turning two-run homer in Game 2. Tyler O’Neill, out from under some injuries smashed his first home run at Busch Stadium since opening day. Dude drilled a three-run homer to end a tie and lead the Cardinals’ to a 7-2 win in yesterday’s night game. The series sweep of the Cubs now has the Cardinals at 57-48 and into a tie with Milwaukee on top of the NL Central. As the trade deadline arrived earlier this week the Cardinals were three games back. So how did our new pitcher Quintana do? The Cubs’ third baseman hit a smash against him in the first inning, but that was all the Cubs got vs. Quintana. He then retired the next 11 batters and got 16 outs from the final 17 batters he faced.
- A lawsuit filed by 11 LIV golf players reveals that golf Hall of Famer Phil Mickelson has been suspended by the PGA for two years. He was suspended for two months on March 22nd recruiting PGA Tour players to compete in LIV Golf events. Then, the golf pro played in the first LIV event in London, causing his suspension to be extended to March 31, 2023. When he played in the Portland LIV event, it was extended again until March 31. 2024. Several PGA players have signed lucrative deals with LIV Golf, which comes with a $25 million purse. Mickelson is now a part of a suit involving ten other LIV golfers to lift the suspensions, calling the PGA “uncompetitive”.
- Basketball superstar Brittney Griner was convicted in a Russian court on Thursday. Griner was found guilty on the charge of drug smuggling with criminal intent. She was sentenced to nine years in jail. Before the verdict, Griner offered an emotional plea for leniency. She said, “I never meant to hurt anybody, I never meant to put in jeopardy the Russian population, I never meant to break any laws here. I made an honest mistake and I hope that in your ruling that it doesn’t end my life here.” Griner continued, “I know everybody keeps talking about political pawn and politics, but I hope that that is far from this courtroom. I want to say again that I had no intent on breaking any Russian laws. I had no intent. I did not conspire or plan to commit this crime.” Of course, there’s a lot of POLITICS in play here. Brittney’s ruling came faster than expected, and it was just shy of the max of 10 years. Most Russians who are convicted get less than half that. So maybe by maximizing the severity, it gives Russia more leverage in dealing with the U.S. Griner was arrested in February for having cannabis oil in her luggage as she went through a Moscow airport. She was also fined 1 million rubles, or about $16,700. S. officials are reportedly trying to get Griner back home with a prisoner swap. So far, the effort has been rejected by Russia.
Terrell Owens was involved in a tense confrontation with a neighbor on Wednesday night, and the Hall of Famer captured some of the exchange on video. Owens streamed the incident on Instagram live. The video shows the former wide receiver in an argument with a woman on a bicycle who accused him of driving recklessly. The woman, whom Owens referred to as “Karen” numerous times, said Owens nearly hit her with his car. She claimed T.O. then got out of his car and tried to intimidate her after she yelled at him. At one point in the video, the woman can be heard telling Owens, “You’re a black man approaching a white woman!” Police were called during the altercation. It does not appear any arrests were made. You can see the video that Owens streamed below, but beware that it contains inappropriate language –LINK
A hockey player from an adult league in Canada straight-up kicked an opponent in the face with his skate during a mid-game scuffle … and the incident was so reckless, police now tell TMZ Sports they’re investigating it all. The scary scene happened during an Adult Safe Hockey League game on July 29th at Scotia Barn in Burnaby. You can see in the video from the arena, two players from opposing teams were fighting each other in the 3rd period … when, suddenly, one of the guys appeared to intentionally kick the other with the blade of his skate. The player wearing a #90 jersey immediately fell onto the ice and covered his face. His teammates, meanwhile, went after the kick suspect before refs ultimately intervened. The guy was issued a penalty, and ejected from the game. The Burnaby Royal Canadian Mounted Police tells us the victim received medical treatment for injuries he suffered from the kick — adding that they’ve since launched an investigation – LINK