A Guy Tried to Smuggle Chicken Wings into a Jail – LINK
Furious passenger makes airport bomb threat over carry-on bag fee: deputies – LINK
Jury convicts sock-handed bank robber whose beer bottle fumble led to arrest – LINK
New York state trooper allegedly issued dozens of fake traffic tickets – LINK
A Man Stole Dog Food From a Gas Station, But Left His ATM Card Behind – LINK
A Guy Drives, Runs, Swims, and Climbs from Cops Before Being Arrested – LINK
A 72-year-old janitor was cleaning a holding cell at a courthouse in Orlando . . . got locked inside . . . and was stuck there for three days. (Full Story)
A Guy’s Vacation to Sydney, Australia Was Ruined When He Flew to Sidney, Montana by Mistake – LINK
A Garbage Man Accidentally Trashed a Couple’s Outdoor Furniture – LINK
Man applauded for ‘petty revenge’ he took on plane passenger with smelly feet – LINK
HOT MIC PICKS UP BRIDE’S EMBARRASSINGLY ‘CRASS’ JOKE TO GROOM AT THE ALTAR – LINK
Lawyer dies three weeks after MRI machine’s magnetic field triggers his hidden gun to go off while taking his mother for a routine medical visit at a Brazilian lab – LINK
Pedophile Edward Leclair killed himself in courtroom by drinking SODIUM NITRITE after jury found him guilty of child sexual assault last year – LINK
Legendary songwriter Burt Bacharach died Wednesday of natural causes. He was 94 years old. Bacharach composed the music for around 50 top ten hits. Here are just some of his well-known songs. Burt was the music man, while others wrote the lyrics. His longtime writing partner, Hal David, died in 2012. Burt also wrote songs with Carol Bayer-Sager, like Neil Diamond’s “Heartlight”, and “On My Own”, by Patti LaBelle and Michael McDonald. His list of songs is staggering. Many hits were sung by Dionne Warwick. She said, “We laughed a lot and had our run ins, but always found a way to let each other know our family, like roots, were the most important part of our relationship.” Mike Myers was a huge fan of Burt Bacharach. He featured Burt in all three “Austin Powers” movies. Here are clips of the first two. Mike sang “What’s New Pussycat” live onstage during the tribute to Burt, “One Amazing Night” special, and again when the White House honored him. Burt and Elvis Costello began working together in 1995. Next month, a box set of their collaborations will be released, including a track from an axed “Austin Powers” musical. And speaking of movies, let’s not forget Burt wrote the movie theme from “The Blob”!
Billboard and Vibe finished rolling out its list of Top 50 rappers this week. Jay-Z was named the Best Rapper. The article declared, ” Brooklyn’s Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter’s defiant-yet-confident declaration has proven true through his legendary career. History is also on his side: Hov has 14 Billboard 200 No. 1 albums (the most amongst solo acts), and over 140 million records sold.” Kendrick Lamar, Nas, Tupac, and Eminem round out the top five. Biggie, Lil Wayne, Drake, Snoop Dogg, and Nicki Minaj fill out the top 10 (LINK)
All the concerns Britney Spears fans have had lately seem to be true. Her bizarre Instagram postings are one of the red flags. It turns out Britney Spears has been struggling with her mental health and substance abuse, and her family and friends planned an intervention. People around Britney have become alarmed by her erratic behavior. She’s apparently been taking meds that “hype her up.” TMZ sources say she’s been “flying off the handle” and is not taking the medications that stabilize her. A close source in regular contact with Britney told TMZ, “I’m afraid she’s gonna die.” The intervention was supposed to go down on Tuesday but it didn’t happen after Britney became “somewhat aware” of it. Instead, she agreed to meet with a doctor on Wednesday; sources say it “went well.” Meanwhile, things appear normal. Sam posted a video of him and Britney on a shopping trip to Target Wednesday on his Instagram Stories. “Matching outfits at target,” he captioned the clip. As of writing, reps for Britney have not commented on this but as of this morning Sam Asghari is speaking out and said “An intervention did not occur. My wife is in full control of her life and will continue to make all decisions involving her care regardless of circumstances. Speculation on her health is inappropriate and should end immediately,”
He’s rocked countless stadiums but Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith played a much more intimate affair; performing AC/DC covers for 17 people in an Australian pub. Smith recently swung by Melbourne’s Cherry Bar, sitting in with the pub’s house band, covering AC/DC’s “If You Want Blood (You Got It)” and “Up to My Neck in You.” The house band’s drummer lent his sticks to Smith to use, but Smith reportedly rocked the drum kit a little too hard. The pub drummer wrote “Got to play drums in front of my idol Chad Smith… then he played them with my sticks (and broke them), and then I got to hang with him.”
Cyndi Lauper and George Michael are the early frontrunners in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Fan Vote. Soundgarden, Warren Zevon, and Willie Nelson round out the top five. Winning the Fan Vote doesn’t necessarily get you into the Hall – the top five vote-getters will be listed on a special ‘fan ballot’, that will be counted alongside thousands of other ballots. Fans can cast a vote once per day at vote.rockhall.com. The 2023 inductees will be announced in May.
Fear not: Tim Allen will return as Buzz Lightyear for “Toy Story 5”. Tim tweeted, quote, “See ya soon Woody, you are a sad strange little man and you have my pity. And off we go to a number 5! To infinity and beyond!” He’s the first to confirm his involvement. So in case you were worried, Buzz will NOT be voiced by Chris Evans . . . that was only for the origin movie, “Lightyear”, which was about the real-life Buzz that the toy is based on. (Consequence)
Elizabeth Banks directed “Cocaine Bear”, which comes out at the end of the month. And she joked she’d be open to doing a cocaine shark movie next. In case you missed it, the New Zealand navy seized three tons of cocaine that were floating on the Pacific Ocean . . . which caused “cocaine shark” to trend on Twitter. Even AMC theaters got in on it and posted a poll asking users to vote between cocaine bear and cocaine shark. Cocaine bear won with 75% of the vote. In an interview with “People” magazine, Elizabeth said, quote, “I’ve seen that. If there’s a great story, then sure . . . ‘Jaws’ with cocaine, I don’t see how that loses.” (People)
TIME FOR SOME QUICK HITS! Alec Baldwin is now being sued by the parents of “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. He already settled with her husband. (Full Story)
Tommy Lee and his wife think Pamela Anderson is trying to destroy their marriage and get Tommy back. A Source has now leaked a bunch of text messages from her to Tommy to “prove it” (Full Story)
Matthew McConaughey is releasing his first children’s book. (Full Story)
The trailer for Matt Damon and Ben Affleck’s Nike movie is here. It’s called “AIR” and it doesn’t have a release date yet. (Full Story)
Patrick Stewart has been told to be on “standby” to return as Professor X in “Deadpool 3”. (Full Story)
Paul Rudd says that for years, his son thought he worked in a movie theater . . . and he never corrected him. (Full Story)
Starz is bringing back “Spartacus”, 10 years after the original series ended. There’s no word yet on casting. (Full Story)
What was the best Super Bowl national anthem performance of all time? A group of experts rated the top 5. Nobody disputes that the best was Whitney Houston in 1991 at Super Bowl 25. Here it is. (It features the Florida Orchestra. This was also so great, it’s included on “Whitney: The Greatest Hits”.)
The rest of the top 5 are: #2 Jennifer Hudson, Super Bowl 43 (2009) #3 Beyoncé, Super Bowl 38 (2004). #4 Opera singer Renee Fleming, Super Bowl 48 (2014). #5. Faith Hill, Super Bowl 34 (2000).
“People“ magazine put together a list of celebrities and who they’ll be rooting for in the Super Bowl: The Philadelphia Eagles or the Kansas City Chiefs. Here are 10 of them:
- Miles Teller: Eagles
- Paul Rudd: Chiefs
- Kevin Hart: Eagles
- Jason Sudeikis: Chiefs
- Pink: Eagles
- Bradley Cooper: Eagles
- Rob Riggle: Chiefs
- Will Smith: Eagles
- Brad Pitt: Chiefs
- Henry Winkler: Chiefs
BuzzFeed put together a list of times when actors turned down roles because they found them offensive . . . or for other personal reasons. Here are seven examples:
- Zendaya dropped out of portraying Aaliyah in a Lifetime movie when it received backlash from Aaliyah’s family. She also felt it was rushed and wouldn’t be done right.
- Will Ferrell backed out of doing a comedy about Ronald Reagan’s dementia after it received backlash from Reagan’s children and the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Emilia Clarke declined the lead in “Fifty Shades of Grey” because she didn’t want to do more nudity after “Game of Thrones”.
- Jack Nicholson passed on playing Michael Corleone (Al Pacino’s character) in “The Godfather” because he believed that, quote, “Indians should play Indians and Italians should play Italians.”
- Lily Allen rejected playing Yara Greyjoy on “Game of Thrones” because she’d be playing the sister of her real-life brother . . . with an incestuous storyline.
- Amanda Seyfried turned down playing Gamora in “Guardians of the Galaxy” because she didn’t want to be green.
- Warren Beatty declined playing Bill in “Kill Bill” because he didn’t want to leave his kids for a long time to film in China. (You can see more at BuzzFeed.com.)
Have you ever looked back on a song you used to sing-along to, and realize it’s actually about SEX? Well, thanks to a thread on Reddit, here’s a list of those types of songs:
- “Wannabe”, Spice Girls: “Zig-a-zig-ah is an orgasm, apparently.”
- “Like a Prayer”, Madonna: “I just realized a couple of weeks ago that [it’s] about [oral sex]. Sigh.”
- “Get Lucky”, Daft Punk: “I thought it was about online gambling.”
- “Macarena”, Los del Rio: “It’s about a lady getting with, like, a dozen different guys while her boyfriend is off serving in the military.”
- “Shut Up and Drive”, Rihanna: “Didn’t Disney put this in one of its kids movies? I really thought it was about cars.”
- “Candy Shop”, 50 Cent: “I just thought [he] really liked sweets. Then I realized he was talking about a brothel. And the lollipop he will let them lick doesn’t have sugar in it.”
- “Physical”, Olivia Newton-John: “It seems no one bothered about the lyrics. They saw the music video and thought it was about getting into physical exercise.”
- “Little Red Corvette”, Prince: “I remember thinking, ‘It’d be better if it were about cars.'”
- “Cherry Pie”, Warrant: “I just thought he and the pretty girl in the video really liked pie.”
- “Afternoon Delight”, Starland Vocal Band: “There’s a scene in ‘Glee’where a teacher sings this thinking it’s about having dessert in the afternoon.” (You can see more at BuzzFeed.com.)