SKY WARS 2022 – Missouri Pyrotechnics Association – LINK
The World’s Worst Public Toilet Is in Tajikistan . . . and Yes, It’s Gross – LINK
Is Hot Coffee Better for You Than Iced Coffee? – LINK
A woman broke a pay-it-forward string at Starbucks, and she said she APPRECIATED the free coffee and sandwich, but she stopped the chain . . . because it “defeats the purpose” of the nice gesture if she feels shamed into helping someone else. LINK
Today is Redhead Appreciation Day LINK
2022 North America Airport Satisfaction Study – LINK
More than 1,600 of Betty White’s possessions are on the auction block from now until Sunday, and Buzzfeed made a list of some of the most RANDOM items. Here’s a sample:
- A vintage RCA TV with a remote and an antenna on top.
- Betty’s Disney VHS collection.
- Vintage leather baby shoes.
- A nun doll. Nothing creepy about that.
- Betty’s board game collection. Featuring the home edition of Password.
- An oil panting of . . . Betty White from the 1950s.
- Moon landing memorabilia.
- Betty’s wedding ring.
- A collection of cat jewelry.
- Betty’s bedroom door.
- A collection of animal figurines wearing sombreros.
- Two panda watches.
- Betty’s “Golden Girls” director’s chair.
- A framed picture of Betty with Bill Clinton.
- Betty’s 2000 Cadillac Seville.
Rodney Dangerfield’s yacht from “Caddyshack” is for sale for the low, low price of $349,900. It’s a 60-foot, 1979 Striker, so it was brand new when they filmed. The movie came out in 1980. And it’s still called Seafood, just like it was in the movie. The boat has had some work done to it, and it even comes with cardboard cutout of Rodney and some other “Caddyshack” memorabilia.
Bryce Dallas Howard not only received less pay than Chris Pratt for the “Jurassic World” trilogy, but she was also asked to not use her, quote, “natural body.” In other words, they told her to lose weight. In an interview she said when it was time to make the third movie, the conversation about her weight came up again. But this time the director stepped in to protect her. She said, quote, “[The director] was like, ‘There are lots of different kinds of women on this planet, and there are lots of different kinds of women in our film,’ . . . I’m really thrilled [by] all the action I got to do, and I got to do it with my body, she was at her maximum strength, and I hope it is just yet another indication of what’s possible.”
Hallmark has 40 new movies coming this holiday season . . . and the onslaught begins on October 21st. And this year, they’re really going all-in on diversity. There are TWO movies celebrating Chinese American culture: “A Big Fat Family Christmas” and “Christmas at the Golden Dragon”. Then there’s “Hanukkah on Rye” . . . and the network’s first Kwanzaa movie, “Holiday Heritage”. Speaking of firsts, “The Holiday Sitter” is the first Hallmark Christmas movie to focus on an LGBTQ couple. Meanwhile, Lacey Chabert returns for her record 12th movie, “Haul Out the Holly”.
Here is what is in theaters today:
- “Avatar” For anyone who’s never seen the 2009 original, it’s back in theaters after being remastered in 4K to give you a refresher for the upcoming sequels. The first sequel, “Avatar: The Way of Water“, comes out this year, on December 16th.
- “Don’t Worry Darling“, a psychological thriller starring Florence Pughas a 1950s housewife who grows suspicious of the utopian town they move to for her husband’s job. He’s played by Harry Styles. It’s directed by Olivia Wilde, who’s also in it. The cast also includes Gemma Chan, Nick Kroll, and Chris Pine. (Trailer)
- “On the Come Up“, a rap battle drama starring Method Man, Lil Yachty, and Mike Eppsare in it too. (Trailer)
- “Sidney“, a documentary about legendary actor Sidney Poitier, who passed away earlier this year at age 94. He was the first African-American to win a Best Actor Oscar, and his refusal to play a subservient role paved the way for Black respect in Hollywood. (Trailer)
NEW MUSIC OUT TODAY…
- “Moss“, Maya Hawke.
- “5SOS5“, 5 Seconds of Summer.
- “The Cage“, Billy Idol.
- And a new single from Futon Wilson called “Losin’ It” hits all streaming platforms this AM.
blink-182’s Mark Hoppus has shared some great news: he is still cancer-free! He announced he was battling stage 4 lymphoma in June 2021 and then announced three months later that he was cancer-free. Hoppus was happy to tell fans this week that after another scan for cancer, “it came back clear and I am cancer free.” Hoppus told fans “Thankful for every day I get to be here. Love you all.”
Plenty of information is coming out of the Kanye West interview with ABC’s Linsey Davis. First, Ye apologized to his ex-wife Kim Kardashian for any stress he might have caused her. Here is what he said: Those children are his four kids with Kim, North, Saint, Chicago, and Psalm. Ye said he wants to have a say in how the kids are raised and wants them to attend Donda Academy. He explained, “I’m their dad. It has to be co-parenting. It’s not up to only the woman. Like, men have a choice also. Men’s voices matter.” West also said he plans to run for president again at some point. About his failed 2020 run, he said, “That time wasn’t in God’s time.”
Ozzy Osbourne does not look back fondly at the last Black Sabbath album, “13”. In fact, he says, quote, “It really wasn’t a Black Sabbath album.” Sabbath did the album with producer Rick Rubin, released it in 2013, and toured behind it. But they did it without original drummer Bill Ward, due to a contractual dispute. Ozzy says, quote, “To be perfectly honest, I didn’t really get a charge from the album. Although Rick Rubin is a good friend of mine, I wasn’t really . . . I was just singing . . . it wasn’t a glorious period . . . It wasn’t an earth-shattering experience for me.” Earlier this year, bassist Geezer Butler also said he wasn’t happy with Rubin’s production. Ozzy also regrets that Bill Ward wasn’t on it . . . which is probably frustrating for fans to hear, because that’s the one thing the other guys probably COULD have done something about.
Well, we are officially in fall. So to celebrate, Ultimate Classic Rock put together a list of songs that mention the changing of leaves, autumn moons, and everything else we love about the season. Here are 10:
- “Harvest Moon”, Neil Young
- “Ramble On”, Led Zeppelin
- “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground”, The White Stripes
- “November Rain”, Guns N’ Roses
- “Night Moves”, Bob Seger
- “Silver Springs”, Fleetwood Mac
- “Maggie May”, Rod Stewart
- “Indian Summer”, The Doors
- “Moondance”, Van Morrison
- “Leaves That Are Green”, Simon & Garfunkel
The Red Hot Chili Peppers have a new album coming out next month, and they, like us, were devastated when Eddie Van Halen died in October of 2020. Today they released their tribute song called “Eddie”. Here’s a piece. The album “Return of the Dream Canteen” comes out October 14th.
Celebrities are constantly changing their appearance for movie and TV roles. But that can lead to unintended consequences . . . which can often be disastrous. Here are some examples:
- Rainn Wilson: For “The Office”, he concocted the ugliest haircut he could for his, quote, “ungainly enormous head and forehead.” But then he realized he was stuck with it for the run of the show . . . which turned out to be NINE YEARS.
- Ariana Grande: The reason she wears her high ponytail extension now is because she damaged her hair by dyeing it red for the Nickelodeon show “Victorious”. She says, quote, “It looks absolutely ratchet and absurd when I let it down.”
- Jim Carrey felt like he was being buried alive every day getting his makeup done for “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. He ended up working with a guy who teaches CIA operatives how to handle TORTURE in order to get through it.
- Charlize Theron had to gain weight to play a woman who’d just given birth in the movie “Tully”. Increasing her sugar intake gave her depression, and she said, quote, “I was not that fun to be around on this film.”
- Jared Leto gained 67 pounds for the movie “Chapter 27” by drinking microwaved ice cream mixed with olive oil and soy sauce. The weight gain actually gave him gout.
- Matt Damon had to pack on muscle for “Jason Bourne”, and he didn’t enjoy all the gym time and not being able to eat what he wanted. Quote, “It’s not worth it! . . . It’s no way for any of us to live.”
- Zac Efron had to drop down to 5% body fat for “Baywatch”, and he was happy when filming was done. Quote, “I don’t ever want to be in that good of shape again.”
- Sophie Turner had to dye her blonde hair red for “Game of Thrones”. But one time when she was trying to go back to blonde, she destroyed it, and had to wear a red wig to film the show. She says, quote, “They wouldn’t let me dye it back red, or my hair would’ve fallen out.”
CELEBRITIES CELEBRATING A BIRTHDAY
He’s Falcon in the Marvel movies, Anthony Mackie is 44.
Wrestler Matt Hardy is 48.
Record producer Jermaine Dupri is 50.
Singer Ani DiFranco is 52.
He is forever George Costanza on Seinfeld, Jason Alexander is 63.
Bruce Springsteen is 73.
Singer Julio Iglesias is 79.
Current WWE CEO Stephanie McMahon is 46.
Eagles of Death Metal singer Jesse Hughes is 50.
Clown from Slipknot, Shawn Crahan is 53.
He was Hercules, Kevin Sorbo is 64.
And On Sunday
Actor/Rapper Donald Glover is 39.
Rapper T.I. is 42.
Catherine Zeta-Jones is 53.
Will Smith is 54.
Scottie Pippen is 57.
Heather Locklear is 61.
Mark Hamill is 71.
Catherine Zeta-Jones’ husband Michael Douglas is 78.
Barbara Walters is 93.
Today’s birthday girl has been in 433 fine films, including:
– American Werewhores
– Beauty and the Bitch
– The Bondage Chronicles
– Dial “E” For Enema
– Frosty The Snow Ho
– How the West Was Hung
– Interracial Sausage Party
– Meatless In Seattle
– Missionary Impossible
– Potty Mouth
– Whores In The Outdoors
– And who can forget her role in 2004’s Up the Old Dirt Road
Sydnee Steele is 54 years old
49 innings, or about 120 hours is how long it had been for the Cardinals to have a hit that produced 2 or more RBI’s. That finally ended with Brendan Donovan’s first big-league grand slam. Here’s how it sounded. That helped the Cardinals out of their slump and to a 5-4 victory last evening at Petco Park. And thank goodness. They went 31 innings without a run, 47 consecutive innings without an RBI or an earned run. The rookie’s home run in the seventh inning flipped the game upside down and helped make a winner of Jack Flaherty who started. Gallegos got his 14th save by pitching a scoreless ninth. The win knocked the Cardinals’ magic number to clinch the National League Central crown to five.
The Cleveland Browns were a TD ahead of Pittsburgh on “Thursday Night Football“, but the Steelers had one final shot in the final seconds of the game. They went for the old lateral play, back on their own 3 yard line. A fumble turned it into another Browns touchdown. Here’s the final call. Final Score: Cleveland 29 – Pittsburgh 17.
The watch is still on for Aaron Judge tying the Roger Maris record of 61 home runs in a single season. He almost did it last night in the bottom of the 9th inning. This is one of my favorite clips. So exciting and then not. Listen to the sold-out crowd reaction.
Of Note: The Yankees DID have another walk-off win and clinched a playoff spot. Final Score: Yankees 5 – Red Sox 4.
Talked about this briefly yesterday: Boston Celtics head coach Ime Udoka reportedly had an inappropriate relationship with a female staffer … and he’s now facing a suspension over it all. ESPN reported Wednesday night the 45-year-old was found to have had a “consensual intimate relationship” with a woman who has a role on the Celtics’ staff — a violation of Boston’s franchise guidelines. As a result, according to Woj, Udoka is facing a ban from the team that could be “significant.” Udoka’s job, however, is not believed to be on the line. Further details regarding the allegations were not disclosed. Udoka and the Celtics have yet to address the report.
Udoka — who took the Celtics job in 2021 and led the team to an NBA Finals appearance in his first year as head man — has been in a relationship with actress Nia Long since 2010. The couple reportedly got engaged back in 2015 — and has one child together. Udoka played in the NBA for nearly a decade in the early 2000s — and began his coaching career with the Spurs following his playing days in 2012.
He later coached for the Philadelphia 76ers and Brooklyn Nets before joining the Celtics