A Man Visits the Midwest for the First Time and Is Shocked by Obvious Things – Insider
Should We All Be Parking the Way Car Dealerships Do It? – FoxNews
Six Flags offering more incentives to fill job vacancies – Fox2Now
A New Weight Loss Product Locks Your Mouth Shut with Magnets – NewAtlas
Juul Will Pay North Carolina $40 Million To Settle A Landmark Suit Over Teen Vaping – NPR
Should Bars Be Allowed to Keep Selling To-Go Drinks? – YouGov
A Covid Test Found a Tiddlywink That Was in a Woman’s Nose for 37 Years – Stuff
Through all this BRITNEY SPEARS B.S., we haven’t heard from the one voice that REALLY matters. Until now. KEVIN FEDERLINE . . . yes, the MIGHTY K-FED . . . has finally spoken (link). And he wants whatever’s best for Britney. His lawyer issued a statement saying, quote, “Kevin feels that the best thing for his children is for their mother to be happy and healthy.” Britney and Kevin have two sons, 15-year-old Sean and 14-year-old Jayden. Britney’s sister JAMIE LYNN also spoke out (link). She said she supports Britney in WHATEVER she wants to do
Marilyn Manson will reportedly turn himself over to the LAPD to address the warrant New Hampshire authorities reissued earlier this year. A videographer alleges that Manson assaulted her during an August 2019 performance at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavillion. The videographer claims Manson’s snot got on her when the singer spat onto the camera she was using to film the live feed for the show’s jumbo screens. “If Mr. Warner turns himself in within the next few weeks, his initial appearance/arraignment will likely be scheduled for mid-August.” Gilford Police originally placed the arrest warrant for the incident back in October of 2019 but reissued it and want Manson to return to New Hampshire to face two counts of misdemeanor assault.
75 year old HELEN MIRREN was asked if she’d like to kiss VIN DIESEL in a future “Fast and Furious” movie . . . and yeah, she’s down. But on one condition. She said, quote, “Oh my God, of course I would! But only if he talks to me before and after, because it’s the voice that I really get off on, quite honestly.” Helen also spoiled a possible casting choice. Her character is the mother of Luke Evans, Jason Statham, and Vanessa Kirby’s characters. And she was asked who she’d like to play their dad . . . a.k.a. her ex-husband. And she said, quote, “I don’t know if I’m allowed to say but apparently Vin had the idea of Michael Caine. I mean, wouldn’t that be fantastic? That would be just so cool and absolutely perfect. So we’ll see.”
If I told you a Nirvana song just hit 1 billion streams on Spotify. What song would you think it is? Yea it’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”. It has just hit one billion streams on Spotify, making it the second track from the 1990s, and the first of the Seattle grunge scene, to reach the milestone. In October of 2020, “Wonderwall” by Brit-pop stars Oasis (link) became the first ’90s song to rack up one billion (link).
In development is the movie Paper Heart, a movie based on the life of former Stone Temple Pilots (link) and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland (link), who died in 2015 (link) at age 48. They have acquired the book rights to Not Dead & Not for Sale, Weiland’s memoir. One of the co founders of Dark Pictures is a massive STP and will be writing the film adaptation. Dark Pictures has also the right to use Weiland’s music in the film. Casting and production details haven’t been released at this time.
Dexter was a pretty good show. Season 4 was probably the best. That was the season with John Lithgow as the Trinity Killer. Dexter Morgan, played by Michael C. Hall, learns how to have a healthy work (forensic technician for the Miami Metro Police Department) / life (murdering people) balance from Arthur Miller, better known as the Trinity Killer. John Lithgow won an Emmy for playing the canny serial killer, and although — spoiler alert — he died in the season finale (although not before murdering Dexter’s wife, Rita), the actor will somehow be back his role in the upcoming Showtime revival. Lithgow “is set to make a short but decisive appearance Lithgow’s cameo is only expected to take a day of filming. It’s unclear who else will return from the original run. We’ll find out later this year when the Dexter limited series debuts on Showtime.
This is both one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard, and one of the coolest. Two guys recreated the famous minibike ride from “Dumb and Dumber”. If you somehow haven’t seen the movie . . . well, first of all, we can’t be friends. But I’ll clue you in anyway: Harry and Lloyd, played by Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey, ride from Nebraska to Aspen, Colorado on a pullstart minibike. So these two guys recreated the bike as faithfully as they could, and actually got on it together and took off. They started in mid-April, in an attempt to match the weather in the movie. By the time it was over, they drove 382 miles over three days, rose 15,000 feet in elevation, went through two and a half rear tires, spent $22 on gas, and averaged 54 miles per gallon. (In the movie, Lloyd says the “hog” would get 70 miles per gallon.) (LINK)
Discovery’s “Shark Week” is July 11th to the 15th, and the line-up is pretty stacked. It includes:
- “Tiffany Haddish Does Shark Week”, July 11 at 9 p.m. . . . “Tiffany Haddishhosts Shark Week . . . her fantasy was to uncover the secrets of shark sex on the fanciest yachts . . . she’s [in] for a sharky wake up call.”
- “Jackass Shark Week Special”, July 11 at 10 p.m. . . . “Johnny Knoxvillesends Steve-O, Chris Pontius, and new Jackass cast members on a mission . . . they’ll dial up a series of shark stunts that test their bravery and threshold of pain as they put common shark myths to the test.”
- “Stranger Sharks”, July 12 on Discovery+ . . . “Mark Roberand Noah Schnapp from ‘Stranger Things’ are teaming up . . . exploring abandoned undersea ruins and man-made artificial reefs searching for the strangest sharks in the ocean.”
(BTW MILLIE BOBBY BROWN will NOT be at Stranger Con in L.A. JUST announced that Millie will no longer be the main guest due to a scheduling conflict. The event has been rescheduled a few times and its new date is January 8th and 9th. All but her and David Harbour will be there.)
- “Expedition Unknown: Shark Trek”, July 12 at 10 p.m. . . . “Josh Gateslinks up with his childhood hero, William Shatner, to . . . enter shark-infested waters to understand the nature of fear and come face to face with an apex predator.”
- “The Real Sharknado”, July 14 at 9 p.m. . . . “Ian Zieringand Tara Reid pick up their chainsaws once again . . . to see if a real Sharknado could happen.”
- “Dr. Pimple Popper Pops Shark Week”, July 15 at 8 p.m. . . . “Dr. Sandra Lee explores the world of shark skin and how she can apply the science to help human skin issues.”
- “Sharkadelic Summer Two”, July 15 at 9 p.m. . . . “Snoop Doggbreaks down the craziest encounters . . . the wildest and most unpredictable reactions to discover if America is once again ground zero for the shark superstorm.”
Celebrating a Birthday today:
SNL head writer Colin Jost is 39.
Singer Nicole Scherzinger is 43.
Jan from The Office, Melora Hardin is 54.
Jeff Burton… the racecar driver is 54.
Lead singer of the band Men at Work, Colin Hay is 68.
Dan Dierdorf is 72. Former “Monday Night Football” announcer and offensive lineman for the St. Louis Cardinals. Now he calls Michigan Wolverine games.
Comedian and actor Richard Lewis is 74.
Legend, Gary Busey is 77.