Florida dad slugs 63-year-old umpire at high school game in shocking video – LINK
AMC Theaters Will Start Selling Generic Candy, Because Name-Brand Candy Is Too Expensive? – LINK
Now Even Self-Checkouts Are Asking Us to Tip!? – LINK
Is the Metaverse Already Dead? – LINK
‘My cat is the reincarnation of my late dad – but my horrid husband rehomed him’ – LINK
Dolly Parton‘s long-awaited rock album, Rockstar, will be out on November 17th. It’s a double album of 30 songs with over 20 covers. The one that’s bound to get the most attention is a version of The Beatles‘ “Let It Be” with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, plus Peter Frampton and Mick Fleetwood. Sting joins Dolly on a cover of The Police‘s “Every Breathe You Take,” while Steve Perry sings on a cover of Journey‘s “Open Arms.” Chris Stapleton joins her for a cover of Bob Seger‘s “Night Moves” and Pink and Brandi Carlile appear on a cover of “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” from The Rolling Stones.
There are nine orginal songs, including a collaboration with Steve Nicks called “What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done for You”; “Bygones” with Rob Halford of Judas Priest and Nikki Sixx and John 5 of Motley Crue; and the title track, which is a collaboration with Richie Sambora.
The first single from it is an original called “World on Fire” due out Thursday.
Here’s the full track listing for Rockstar:
- “Rockstar” (special guest Richie Sambora)
- “World on Fire”
- “Every Breath You Take” (feat. Sting)
- “Open Arms (feat. Steve Perry)
- “Magic Man” (feat. Ann Wilson with special guest Howard Leese)
- “Long as I Can See the Light” (feat. John Fogerty)
- “Either Or” (feat. Kid Rock)
- “I Want You Back” (feat. Steven Tyler with special guest Warren Haynes)
- “What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done for You” (feat. Stevie Nicks with special guest Waddy Wachtel)
- “Purple Rain”
- “Baby, I Love Your Way” (feat. Peter Frampton)
- “I Hate Myself for Loving You” (feat. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)
- “Night Moves” (feat. Chris Stapleton)
- “Wrecking Ball” (feat. Miley Cyrus)
- “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” (feat. Pink and Brandi Carlile)
- “Keep On Loving You” (feat. Kevin Cronin)
- “Heart of Glass” (feat. Debbie Harry)
- “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” (feat. Elton John)
- “Tried to Rock and Roll Me” (feat. Melissa Etheridge)
- “Stairway to Heaven” (feat. Lizzo and Sasha Flute)
- “We Are the Champions”
- “Bygones” (feat. Rob Halford with special guests Nikki Sixx & John 5)
- “My Blue Tears” (feat. Simon Le Bon)
- “What’s Up?” (feat. Linda Perry)
- “You’re No Good” (feat. Emmylou Harris and Sheryl Crow)
- “Heartbreaker” (feat. Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo)
- “Bittersweet” (feat. Michael McDonald)
- “I Dreamed About Elvis” (feat. Ronnie McDowell with special guest The Jordanaires)
- “Let It Be” (feat. Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr with special guests Peter Frampton and Mick Fleetwood)
- “Free Bird” (feat. Ronnie Van Zant with special guests Gary Rossington, Artimus Pyle and The Artimus Pyle Band)
Iron Maiden is taking legal action against a lingerie company called Maiden Wear. They say the names are “confusingly similar,” and could injure the band’s reputation.
Xanabrew is the latest in the line of Rush limited-edition beers and ales. Alex Lifeson says, “You probably won’t believe this but Ged and I spent weeks, 24-hours a day sweating over steaming vats of swirling Belgian style ale, slowly cooked to perfection. We even spent hours lifting weights just to make it stronger. It was going great and then all of a sudden, they stick skulls on the label! Skulls, I tells ya!” You can buy the beer in the U.S. from com/Craft-Beer/Rush-Beer.
Queens of the Stone Age teased a snippet of a new song, seemingly called “The World’s Gonna End,” on Twitter.
“Beetlejuice 2” will hit theaters September 6th, 2024. Besides Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, and Jenna Ortega, it’ll also star Justin Theroux in an unannounced role.
Tom Cruise has his sights set on Shakira. The two were photographed at the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Miami over the weekend, and Tom is reportedly smitten. A source tells Page Six, “He is extremely interested in pursuing her. There is chemistry.” Like Tom, the “Hips Don’t Lie” singer is single, having recently broken up with her longtime boyfriend, soccer star Gerard Pique.
79-year-old Robert De Niro just welcomed his seventh child. He didn’t say who the mother is, but it’s probably his rumored girlfriend Tiffany Chen because she was recently seen with a baby bump.
Who doesn’t love the Goldfish crackers? Last year Goldfish dropped the limited-edition Old Bay Seasoned Goldfish, people loved them so much they started a petition to get the company to bring the flavor back, and they have. They even got Lisa Loeb to do a new version of her song “Stay” now with lyrics about the cult treat. Here’s a clip from that song. (LINK)
R.I.P. MTV News. Paramount shut it down after 36 years as part of its latest round of layoffs, which reportedly cut MTV and Showtime’s staff cut by nearly 25%, according to a memo to employees obtained by the LA Times. Interestingly enough, this news gained a lot of attention online one tweet summing it up: “MTV News got an entire generation of Gen Xers and older millennials to start paying attention to global events, politics, the world. Kurt Loder & the MTV News crew expanded a part of my brain that living in small-town rural America never could.” (LINK)
Whoahoho we got ourselves a Cardinals winning streak! 3 games baby. The Chicago Cubs made a base running blunder in the bottom of the eighth inning, and the Cardinals took advantage. Then Paul DeJong’s 14th career homer cracked the tie game in the ninth inning and sent the Cardinals to a 6-4 victory at Wrigley Field. They’ve won three consecutive games for the first time this season. Cards and Cubs go at it again tonight at 640 in Chicago. Www.stltoday.com
While the Cardinals won after blowing a few chances in Chicago STL CITY SC lost after blowing some of their scoring chances. There were plenty of chances but CITY could only finish 1 as they lost to the Chicago Fire in the US OPEN CUP 2-1. It was the first meeting between teams representing cities that are rivals in every other sport, and City SC won’t have to wait long for a rematch. The teams meet again on Saturday in an MLS league match, again in Chicago but this time at Soldier Field downtown.
The loss ends City’s brief run in the Open Cup, the annual tournament run by U.S. Soccer open to all clubs in America.
You don’t see this every day. In fact, I’m willing to bet you’ve NEVER seen this before: A player got tagged out while trying to steal second base . . . after the ball bounced off his crotch. (???)
In Monday’s game between the Detroit Tigers and the Cleveland Guardians, Tigers outfielder Akil Baddoo tried to steal second. Guardians catcher Mike Zunino fired the ball to second baseman Andres Gimenez.
As Baddoo slid into the bag, the ball hit him SQUARE IN THE CUP, then bounced into the glove of Gimenez, who made the tag.
Baddoo was hurt, but he stayed in the game. The Tigers won 6 to 2.
(Check out videos here.)