Crap on Celebrities
#CrapOnCelebrities: #Billboard releases final sales numbers of 2017, Danica Patrick dating Aaron Rodgers, #Plinko turns 35, and MORE!
“Billboard” has released the final sales numbers for 2017
1. “Divide”, Ed Sheeran, 2.76 million copies
2. “Damn”, Kendrick Lamar, 2.75 million copies
3. “Reputation”, Taylor Swift, 2.3 million copies
4. “More Life”, Drake, 2.2 million copies
5. “24K Magic”, Bruno Mars, 1.63 million copies
6. “Stoney”, Post Malone, 1.6 million copies
7. “Culture”, Migos, 1.44 million copies
8. “Starboy”, The Weeknd, 1.4 million copies
9. The “Moana” soundtrack, 1.3 million copies
10. “American Teen”, Khalid, 1.2 million copies
Here are a few more sales stats from “Billboard”: Overall, U.S. album sales were UP by 12.5%, but that’s only because they’re now counting digital “equivalent album units.” That includes a LOT of on-demand streaming, which was up 43%. If you’re only counting pure album sales . . . physical and digital . . . the numbers were down another 17.7% from last year. Downloading is also on the decline, thanks to the rise of streaming. Song downloads were down by 23%, and this is the fifth straight year they dropped. For the 12th straight year, vinyl album sales were UP. In 2017, 14.3 million vinyl LPs were sold. That’s up 9% compared to 13.1 million in 2016. And it sounds more impressive when you put it this way: Vinyl sales accounted for 14% of all physical album sales in 2017. The two top-selling vinyl albums were “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and “Abbey Road”, both by The Beatles
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE’s first single will be called “Filthy”, and it’ll be out tomorrow. He says, quote, “This song should be played VERY LOUD.” And he also says the album will feature contributions from The Neptunes, Timbaland, Chris Stapleton, and Alicia Keys.
Dave Chappelle is getting some heat for some Louis CK material he did in his new Netflix comedy special Equanimity & The Bird Revelation. “One lady said, ‘Louis CK masturbated in front of me, ruined my comedy dreams,'” he told the audience. “Well, then I dare say, madam, you may have never had a dream. He went on to call CK’s accusers “weak” and specifically called out the victim who alleged that CK had masturbated while on the phone with her. “B**ch, you don’t know how to hang up the phone? How the hell are you going to survive in show business if this is an actual obstacle to your dreams?” he said. “I know Louis is wrong, I’m just saying, I’m held to a higher standard of accountability than these women are.” Chappelle also brought Martin Luther King, Jr. into the conversation, joking, “You think if Louis CK jerked off in front of Dr. King, he’d be like, ‘I can’t continue this movement. I’m sorry, but the freedom of black people must be stopped.'” Since Chappelle’s special was released on Sunday, several people have expressed their disapproval. “Dear @netflix, supporting sexists and their misogynist work is not a good look,” one critic tweeted.
Paul Sorvino is on the lookout for Harvey Weinstein. He is 78. He learned that Weinstein allegedly attempted to derail his daughter Mira Sorvino’s career after she refused his sexual advances, he became infuriated.
He doesn’t know the extent of what happened, or how Weinstein impacted her career, but he did not mince words. Sorvino predicted that Weinstein will end up being convicted, but that if he doesn’t, another, probably worse fate awaits: “He’s gonna go to jail. That son of a b—h. Good for him if he goes, cause if not, he’ll meet me and I’ll kill the motherf—er.”
SARAH SILVERMAN has agreed to help a stranger from Texas, who she met last week after he called her the C word on Twitter. It started when Sarah Tweeted that she was open to understanding more about Trump supporters and their beliefs. She seemed sincere about it, but a guy named Jeremy Jamrozy didn’t buy it. He responded with one word . . . the C-word. Sarah didn’t ignore him or block him . . . instead, she Tweeted, quote, “I believe in you. I read your timeline, and I see what you’re doing, and your rage is thinly veiled pain. But you know that. I know this feeling. P.S., My back [pain] sucks too. [Try to] choose love. I see it in you.” This led to a wildly deep back and forth, where Jeremy said that he can’t “choose to love” people, because he was abused as a child. He also said he’s too poor to get help for some medical problems with his back. Eventually, Jeremy apologized for the C-word . . . and Sarah said she didn’t care, and started asking if there were any doctors in San Antonio willing to help him out. Jeremy said tips started pouring in, and that Sarah had also offered to cover his medical treatment. He’d already raised a little cash on his own . . . and now he’s paying it forward by giving THAT money to others who need help.
The Golden Globes are this Sunday. Then the Oscar nominees get announced January 23rd. So what do they do with all those statues they win? Most people assume every A-list actor has a massive trophy room, but that’s not always the case.
Here are some of the weirdest things actors have done with their Oscars . . .
1. Russell Crowe won Best Actor for “Gladiator” in 2001, and reportedly kept his statue in a CHICKEN COOP at his ranch in Australia.
2. Timothy Hutton won an Oscar for “Ordinary People” in 1981, and thought it would be funny to keep it in his FRIDGE to mess with his friends when they went to grab a beer. He put it in there around 2005, and admitted it was still there in 2010.
3. Kate Winslet won an Oscar for “The Reader” in 2009, and said she put it in her bathroom. Apparently, it’s fairly common. Jodie Foster, Emma Thompson, Susan Sarandon, and Sean Connery have all said they keep their Oscars in the bathroom.
4. Jared Leto won Best Supporting Actor for “The Dallas Buyers Club” in 2014. And the first place he decided to put it was in his kitchen.
5. After Kevin Costner won two Oscars for “Dances with Wolves” in 1991, he put them in his underwear drawer so they wouldn’t get stolen.
6. Ben Affleck gave his Oscar to his mom after he won for “Good Will Hunting” in 1998. And Jennifer Lawrence put her Oscar for “Silver Linings Playbook” on her parents’ piano at their home in Kentucky.
7. At one point, Whoopi Goldberg’s Oscar for “Ghost” ended up in a TRASHCAN at an airport 40 miles east of L.A. She sent it out to get cleaned, and someone stole it. Apparently, they got nervous and ditched it, but a security guard found it.
8. Tilda Swinton won for “Michael Clayton” in 2008. And in her speech, she said she was giving her Oscar to her agent. Which she actually followed through with.
9. Anna Paquin won Best Supporting Actress for “The Piano” when she was only 11 years old. And she used to keep her Oscar on the floor next to her shoes.
10. Goldie Hawn eventually put her Best Supporting Actress Oscar in her meditation room after she won for the movie “Cactus Flower” in 1970
You guys heard of West Hollywood Jesus right? He walked up and down Hollywood boulevard and took pics with tourists. This went on for years. Your batmans and Supermans would come and go and he is always there. Until now. Kevin Short better known as West Hollywood Jesus died after a short stay in the hospital. He was 57. The real Jesus was 37 fyi.
They spent around $20 mil for renovations since buying it from Lisa Marie Presley in 2014 for $20 mil. Design, re-design, construction and expansion and landscaping. They just moved in a few weeks ago. Then they had the property appraised … and the estimated value is $60 million. Yep they’re in the black $20 mil. It has a full music lab, a huge master bedroom addition, a spa and massive closet space.
Billboard just put out a list of the best ad-libs in modern hip hop. Here’s a little sample . . . it’s even better than listening to the actual songs. This includes Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, Birdman, Jadakiss, and a couple more. This has been around for a few years but check out the ad libs of Kanye West. .
Emily Blunt is another celeb who says no more selfies with fans. She says “Frances McDormand tells fans… ‘You know what? I’ve actually retired from that. But I would like to shake your hand and meet you,'” she explains. “Social media has changed the landscape so an encounter with you is valued more as a social-media currency than a genuine interaction.” Blunt is so anti-social media, she doesn’t even have a public Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account.
ELLEN PAGE went on social media yesterday and announced that she’d married her girlfriend . . . a professional dancer named Emma Portner. They’ve been dating for at least six months.
DANICA PATRICK and NASCAR driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr. called it quits last month after dating for about five years. And rumor has it she’s already moved on to Green Bay Packers quarterback AARON RODGERS. “Us Weekly” has a source that says they’re dating. And, according to the gossip site TerezOwens.com, they were spotted kissing while they were out having dinner at a restaurant in Green Bay shortly after Christmas. Aaron was with Olivia Munn for three years before they split last spring. Then he was linked to several other women, including “Baywatch” star Kelly Rohrbach, and Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn. Lindsey said they were just friends though.
The rarely-reliable “Radar Online“ claims 55-year-old DEMI MOORE might be secretly hooking up with 25-year-old NICK JONAS. They say her daughter Rumer introduced them. Obviously, Demi has a history of dating younger guys, which makes this somewhat believable. Most famously, she was married to Ashton Kutcher, who’s 16 years younger. But Nick is a full THREE DECADES younger than she is. He’s dabbled in the May-December romance thing in the past too though. He dated Kate Hudson for a while, who’s 13 years older. And he was also with Australian singer Delta Goodrem, who’s eight years older than him.
Yesterday was the 35th anniversary of the “Plinko” game on “The Price Is Right”. And the contestant who played it set the all-time record for “Plinko” winnings. Because of the anniversary, they increased the top slot on the board from $10,000 to $35,000, and the contestant hit it.
• The series premiere of “The Four” on Fox. The new singing competition is hosted by Fergie and features Meghan Trainor, DJ Khaled, and Sean Diddy Combs
• “Truth and Lies: Waco” on ABC. A documentary about the 25th anniversary of the standoff
Dave Foley is 55. “NewsRadio”, “Dr. Ken”, and “Kids in the Hall”.
Michael Stipe is 58. R.E.M.
Don Shula is 88. Hall of Fame football coach.
Today’s BURTON BIRTHDAY OF THE DAY….this will make you feel old….he played Dr Leekie on Orphan Black….Anthony on the show Timeless…and Taggart on Eureka….probably still clueless….well….he’s Max Headroom…And today Matt Frewer is 60 years old.
Today’s birthday girl has been covered and smothered more times than the hashbrowns at Waffle House in 356 fine films including:
- V For Vagina
- Miso Horny
- The Asian Persuasion
- The Ass & The Curious
- Someone’s Daughter Volume 1
- And who could forget…her unforgettable role in…Pink Eye Volume 4
LYLA LEI is 35 YEARS OLD