Drunken mistake leads to ‘embarrassing’ hospital visit – LINK
A Guy Made Nachos by Lighting a Bag of Chips on Fire – LINK
Florida man with suspended license drives 100 mph with 3 kids in the back to get girlfriend to Taco Bell job interview: police – LINK
A Guy Was Arrested for Peeing in a Town’s Water Supply – LINK
A Man Stole Someone’s Suitcase at Baggage Claim, and Was Found Wearing Their Clothes – LINK
Florida man sentenced after boarding flight with suitcase full of drugs – LINK
Man with cartful of stolen goods walks out of Lacey Target store to find officer outside – LINK
A Guy Smoked Meth in the Las Vegas Airport – LINK
A Man Is Going to Prison for Calling His Ex 815 Times in Two Days – LINK
A Driver Handed the Police a “Get Out of Jail Free Card” from “Monopoly” – LINK
Carjacker dies after jumping from California police car during pursuit – LINK
OHIO FISHERMEN SCALES OF JUSTICE COME DOWN ON ALLEGED CROOKED ANGLERS … Indicted On Multiple Felonies – LINK
How much are tickets to every 2023 MLB Opening Day game? – LINK
University City seafood store ordered to shut down over contamination risk – LINK
Local marijuana taxes on the ballot next Tuesday – LINK
Six Flags to open for the season this weekend – LINK
Elon Musk Is the Most Followed Person on Twitter
Elon Musk is now the most followed person on Twitter with 133.088 million followers. But maybe take that with a grain of salt considering he literally OWNS the platform. The top spot was previously held by Barack Obama with 133.042 million. In related news, Elon’s #1 fan Catturd turned on him. Catturd is an anonymous Florida man whose account is a photo of a cat wearing glasses, and he has 1.6 million followers. He’s known for posting a lot of MAGA stuff, too. Well, Catturd is pretty upset with the changes to Twitter, like too many ads, paying for his verified account status, and getting temporarily banned. Users are making jokes about it. Here are a few of the comments: “Elon Musk losing Catturd is the funniest thing.” “Looks like the honeymoon is over between Elon Musk and Catturd. What a shame. Who will get Twitter in the divorce?” “Curious to see what’s next for Catturd’s Rasputin-like hold on Elon now that Catturd is turning on him.”
Gwyneth Paltrow Won Her Ski Crash Trial and Was Awarded $1
Gwyneth Paltrow won her ski crash trial yesterday after eight days of testimony in Utah. She was awarded her “symbolic” $1 in damages. Gwyneth said in a statement, quote, “I felt that acquiescing to a false claim compromised my integrity. I am pleased with the outcome . . . “I appreciate all of the hard work of Judge Holmberg and the jury, and thank them for their thoughtfulness in handling this case.”
Terry Sanderson, who was suing her for over $3 million, said she told him, quote, “I wish you well” after the verdict . . . which he thought was very kind. He also told “Extra“, quote, “You get some assumed credibility from being a famous person. Who wants to take on a celebrity? No wonder I hesitated. It’s difficult . . . “I believe she thinks she has the truth, but I absolutely know I said I would not bring any falsehoods.”
Ace Frehley Says He’ll Destroy Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons Unless He Gets an Apology
Paul Stanley recently took a shot at his former KISS bandmates Ace Frehley and Peter Criss. He was asked why they didn’t play with the band for their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. And Paul said that if they did, it would have sounded more like PISS. Well, Ace isn’t having that. He’s giving Paul ONE WEEK to issue a public apology. And if he doesn’t, Ace is going to RUIN both Paul and Gene Simmons. Ace says he has 120 pages worth of dirt on them, and he’ll go public with it. Quote, “Those guys aren’t squeaky clean. You know how many lawsuits girls have had against Gene?” (These guys have had their ups and downs with each other over the years, but has it ever gotten THIS serious? I’m interested to see where this goes.) KISS has added four new dates to their farewell tour. Including one here in Saint Louis on October 25th.
Power Trip Festival Announces Iconic Lineup
Rock is coming to Indio, California October 6th through the 8th with some of the biggest bands on the lineup. Playing the same grounds where Coachella is held on the 6th are Guns n’ Roses and Iron Maiden. The 7th, a Saturday night, has AC/DC and Ozzy onstage. Sunday night closes Power Trip with Metallica and Tool! 3-Day General Admission tickets start at $599 plus fees. All tickets, including VIP packages, go on sale on Thursday, April 6th. To get notifications about ticket sales and more, visit PowerTrip.Live!
Flo Rida’s Son Is in the ICU After Falling Out of a Window
Flo Rida’s 6-year-old son Zohar is in the ICU after falling out a fifth-story window. Luckily, he survived the fall, which happened early this month. Yesterday, Flo Rida said, quote, “Great day, thank you to everyone who reached out with their concerns and prayers for my son. “He is getting the best medical care and miraculously survived a tragic fall. I ask for your continued prayers as he undergoes rehabilitation but I would appreciate that this remain a private matter.” A lawyer for the boy’s mother says he fell at least 50 feet, and suffered a lacerated liver, collapsed lungs, fractures to his feet and pelvis, and internal bleeding.” She has filed a lawsuit against a construction company and a window installation company, claiming they put “incorrect sized guards” on the windows.
Billie Eilish Had to Cancel a Show Due to a Severe Storm, So She Played Some Acoustic Songs for the Crowd
A massive storm canceled Billie Eilish’s show in Mexico City on Wednesday night. But she didn’t want to send her fans home with nothing. So she hit the stage in the pouring rain with her brother Finneas and played a mini-acoustic set for them. She said, quote, “I thought it was stupid for me to leave without coming out saying thank you for being here, and standing in the [effing] pouring rain.” The full show was rescheduled for last night.
Justin Bieber Teams Up With Maple Leafs To Launch Youth Ball Hockey League
Justin Bieber is providing sports opportunities for the youth of Toronto. In partnership with the Toronto Maple Leafs, his clothing brand Drew House is building a new ball hockey league in Toronto this summer. The team made the announcement on Wednesday. The House of Hockey league is also being presented in partnership with Tim Hortons. It will be “an inclusive, accessible, and impactful ball hockey program” that addresses the “number of barriers keeping youth on the sidelines,” according to a press release.
There Will Be a Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute at the “CMT Music Awards”
Seems like we’ve been giving you one reason after another why you should watch Sunday’s “CMT Music Awards“. They’re all solid, but none of them will make you want to yell “Free Bird” more than this one. They’re doing an all-star tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd that will feature Cody Johnsonand Paul Rodgers handling the vocals, Billy Gibbons, Slash, and Warren Haynes on guitar . . . and LeAnn Rimes and Wynonna Judd joining in as The Honkettes.
Ten Debut Albums That Changed Country Music
TheBoot.com posted a list of ten DEBUT albums that changed country music. And a few fairly recent ones made the list.
They say they’re all albums that, quote, “ushered in a new sound, brought tradition back to the genre, filled a gap in the market, or were simply a huge and unforgettable force.” Here are all ten in the order they came out . . .
- “Johnny Cash with His Hot and Blue Guitar!” It came out in 1957, and included two of his biggest hits, “I Walk the Line” and “Folsom Prison Blues”.
- Connie Smith’sself-titled debut album from 1965. Her song “Once a Day“ was the first country debut single by a woman to hit #1.
- “Why Not Me”by The Judds in 1984. It had four #1 hits on it: “Girls’ Night Out”, “Love Is Alive”, “Why Not Me”, and “Mama He’s Crazy”.
- “Storms of Life”by Randy Travis in 1986. It helped revive the classic country sound. And it had his first #1 hit, “On the Other Hand”.
- “Wide Open Spaces”by The Chicks. They sold more records than all other country groups COMBINED in 1998.
- “Twice the Speed of Life”by Sugarland. It came out in 2004 and was a Top 20 album across ALL music genres.
- Taylor Swift’sself-titled debut album in 2006. She was only 16 but wrote or co-wrote all 11 songs on it. Her five singles were “Tim McGraw”, “Teardrops on My Guitar”, “Our Song”, “Picture to Burn”, and “Should’ve Said No”.
- “Here’s to the Good Times”by Florida Georgia Line in 2012. Because it, quote, “kicked off the ‘BRO-country’ trend.” It had one of their biggest hits to date, “Cruise”, and ended up being the sixth best-selling album in the U.S. in 2013.
- “Montevallo”by Sam Hunt in 2014. It helped usher in a new sound that blended country, hip-hop, and pop. He was the first in 22 years to top Billboard’s Country Albums, Hot Country Songs, and Country Airplay charts all at once.
- “Traveller”by Chris Stapleton in 2015. It won Album of the Year at the CMAs and AMAs. He also won Best Country Album and Best Country Solo Performance at the Grammys.
New in Theaters: “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves”
- “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves” (PG-13)
You guessed it, it’s based on Dungeons & Dragons, the tabletop role-playing game. It’s set in the Forgotten Realms campaign. Chris Pine plays a charming thief who gets imprisoned with his accomplice, a barbarian played by Michelle Rodriguez. When they get out, they learn that his daughter has been under the care of an evil con artist played by Hugh Grant. They get a team together to steal back a relic and reunite with the daughter. The team includes a paladin played by Rege-Jean Page and a sorcerer played by Justice Smith (“Detective Pikachu”). There’s a cameo from Bradley Cooper.
TV This Weekend:
- Tonight on Netflix: “Murder Mystery 2”. It takes place four years after the first movie, with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston on a private island trying to figure out who kidnapped their friend the Maharaja.
- Tonight on Apple TV+: “Tetris”, starring Taron Egerton as the guy who made Tetris a household name by going to Soviet Russia to fight for the rights to the game and then bundling it with the launch of Nintendo’s Gameboy.
- Tonight at 8:00 p.m. on the CW: The 20th season premiere of “Whose Line Is It Anyway?”.
- Saturday at 5:00 p.m. on CBS: “NCAA Final Four”. San Diego State vs. Florida Atlantic.
- Saturday at 7:45 p.m. on CBS: “NCAA Final Four”. UConn vs Miami.
- Saturday at 10:30 p.m. on NBC: Quinta Brunson hosts “Saturday Night Live”, and Lil Yachty is the music guest.
The Best Quentin Tarantino Characters, According to “Variety”
“Variety“ put together a list of the BEST Quentin Tarantino characters from all of his movies. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Stuntman Mike (Kurt Russell) in “Death Proof”
- Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio) in “Django Unchained”
- Seth Gecko (George Clooney) in “From Dusk Till Dawn”
- Major Marquis Warren (Samuel L. Jackson) in “The Hateful Eight”
- Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) in “Inglourious Basterds”
- Jackie Brown (Pam Grier) in “Jackie Brown”
- Pai Mei (Gordon Liu) in “Kill Bill”
- The Bride (Uma Thurman) in “Kill Bill”
- Mallory Knox (Juliette Lewis) in “Natural Born Killers”
- Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
- Sharon Tate (Margot Robbie) in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
- Trudi Fraser (Julia Butters) in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
- Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) in “Pulp Fiction”
- Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman) in “Pulp Fiction”
- Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) in “Reservoir Dogs”.
(They included “From Dusk Till Dawn” and “Natural Born Killers” . . . two movies that Tarantino was involved with but didn’t direct. He wrote “From Dusk Till Dawn”, and is credited with coming up with the story for “Natural Born Killers”. He also wrote “True Romance”, but it didn’t make the list.)
The Two Best Characters in the Mario Universe Are: Luigi . . . and Not Mario?
If you’re of a certain age, this will make you feel really old . . . Nintendo’s “Mario Bros.” franchise is 40 years old. The original arcade game came out in 1983 . . . and the famous at-home NES game “Super Mario Bros.” debuted in 1985. Next Friday, “The Super Mario Bros. Movie“ hits theaters, so someone conducted a survey, asking THOUSANDS of fans for their favorite character in the Mario universe. The top two were: Luigi and . . . YOSHI. Yes, Mario was SNUBBED!
Here are the 10 most-loved characters in the Super Mario franchise:
The rest of the Top 20 are: Koopalongs . . . Wario . . . Birdo . . . King Boo . . . Princess Daisy . . . Lemmy Koopa . . . Toadette . . . Toadsworth . . . Petey Piranha . . . and Pauline.
CELEBRITIES CELEBRATING A BIRTHDAY
Ewan McGregor is 52. Obi Wan Kenobi in the “Star Wars” prequels.
Angus Young is 68. The only original member of AC/DC left.
Al Gore is 75.
Rhea Perlman is 75. Carla on “Cheers”. Mrs. Danny DeVito in real life.
Gabe Kaplan is 78. Mr. Kotter on “Welcome Back Kotter”. He’s also a financial wiz and an AMAZING poker player. He’s won well nearly $2 million just playing poker. Suck on that, Mr. Woodman!
Christopher Walken is 80. Brilliant character actor . . . but for many of us, he’ll forever be inseparable from the CLASSIC “SNL” skit in which he plays the Blue Oyster Cult producer who asks for “more cowbell” from Will Ferrell for “Don’t Fear the Reaper”.
William Daniels is 96. Mr. Feeny on “Boy Meets World” . . . the voice of K.I.T.T. on the original “Knight Rider” . . . and Dustin Hoffman’s dad in “The Graduate”.
YouTuber-turned-boxer Logan Paul is 28
Kip Moore is 43. Country singer.
Randy Orton is 43. He became the youngest WWE champ in history at age 24.
Rachel Maddow is 50.
Joe Francis is 50. “Girls Gone Wild” founder. Spent nearly 12 months in jail for being naughty. He’s worth $25 million.
Susan Boyle is 62. The biggest star to come out of any of the “Got Talent” shows . . . she became internationally famous on “Britain’s Got Talent”.
Michael Fassbender is 46. Magneto in the “X-Men” movies . . . and the androids in “Prometheus” and its sequel, “Alien: Covenant”. He was also in “Assassin’s Creed”, “12 Years a Slave”, “Inglorious Bastards”, and “300”.
Pedro Pascal is 48. He IS “The Mandolorian”. You’d also know him as Oberyn Martell on “Game of Thrones” and as DEA Agent Javier Pena on “Narcos”.
Christopher Meloni is 62. Detective Stabler on “Law & Order: SVU” and its new spin-off “Law & Order: Organized Crime”. You also know him from “True Blood”, and “Oz”, and as Hitman Nick Sax on “Happy!”
Emmylou Harris is 76. Country legend.
Today’s birthday girl has been in 113 fine films, including:
– Ass Masters 4
– Big Boob Bikini Bash
– Boobcage 2 & 4
– Duke of Knockers 2
– The Harlots From Hooterville
– Lusty Busty Dolls 2
– The Mellon Man 4 & 7
– Two Lays In The Valley
– And who can forget her role in 1996’s Burbank Spermbank
Brittany O’Neil is 52 years old