Tom Morello hears new music from Tool
Photo by Ollie Millington/WireImage | Getty Images
Prophets Of Rage guitarist Tom Morello has done something that almost no one else in the world has — he’s heard new music from Tool. Morello wrote on Monday (December 11th) at his Instagram page, “Had the honor of being the first outsider to hear new #TOOL music today!! Still just instrumentals but sounded epic, majestic, symphonic, brutal, beautiful, tribal, mysterious, deep, sexy and VERY Tool. Really great. So excited to hear the record when it’s finished.”
- Morello and the members of Tool have history together: he and Tool guitarist Adam Jones played together in band called Electric Sheep while they were in high school.
- Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan later sang on the Rage Against The Machine track “Know Your Enemy” from the band’s 1992 self-titled debut.
- Speaking of Keenan, he gave a one-word response on Twitter — “Burp” — to the news that Tool drummer Danny Carey said the band’s new LP would “definitely” arrive in 2018.
- Carey revealed to Loudwire last week, “Yes. I’m saying definitely. We’ll probably have it done in the first half (of the year) if things go as planned. There’s setup times and manufacturing — I can never predict all that, it seems like it’s constantly evolving. (What time of year it will be out), I can’t tell you.”
- Tool has not released new music since 2006, although the band has reportedly been working on a new disc for the past year.
READ: Head to Loudwire for more on this story
CHECK IT OUT: Here’s Morello’s post