Has Blink-182 lost co-headliner Lil Wayne two weeks into their tour?
Blink-182 has apparently lost co-headliner Lil Wayne less than two weeks into their summer tour together, as multiple reports said that the rapper exited the stage after just four songs on Thursday night (July 11th) in Bristow, Virginia, announcing he was leaving the trek.
UPDATE: Lil Wayne has now reassured fans that he is not quitting the tour, saying “Yesterday was krazy! But I want all my fans to know I won’t be quitting this tour! I’m having too much fun with my bros blink-182. Bangor,ME See you tomorrow!
According to multiple eyewitnesses at the show, Wayne cut his set short and said he wasn’t really into the audience. He also reportedly complained about the crowd size and lack of “his” fans in the venue. Adding that it was “probably” going to be his last show on the tour, he thanked Blink-182 and left the stage after just 20 minutes.
There has been no official statement made yet by either Blink-182 or Wayne. The trek had gotten off to a rough start, delaying its opening date due to what had been called “unforeseen production delays.”
The tour continues this week with Neck Deep as support, hitting Bangor, Maine on Saturday (July 13th) and continuing well into September.
Story source: Alternative Press