Stone Temple Pilots share new song, "The Art of Letting Go"
Photo by Miikka Skaffari/FilmMagic | Getty Images
Stone Temple Pilots have released "The Art Of Letting Go," the third track the band has shared from its upcoming self-titled seventh studio LP. The song follows "Meadow" and "Roll Me Under" and showcases a softer side of the band and new singer Jeff Gutt. Guitarist Dean DeLeo told us that Gutt played an important role in bringing the song to life: "Jeff had a huge hand in kind of arranging and putting that song where it is to really tailor it to his vocal. That song, when we really sat down and did that, we really realized, 'This is a nice piece of music,' and Jeff had an immense part in putting that together."
- The new STP album is Gutt's recording debut with the group and arrives on March 18th.
- Gutt, a one-time The X Factor contestant, made his live debut with the band last November in Los Angeles.
- STP had been without a vocalist since November 2015, when Chester Bennington -- who joined the group in early 2013 -- departed to spend more time with his main band Linkin Park. Bennington committed suicide last July.
- Original singer Scott Weiland, who reunited with the group in 2010 after an eight-year hiatus but was dismissed in 2013, died in December 2015 of a drug overdose.
- STP will begin its first tour with Gutt on the mic on March 2nd in Santa Clarita, California.