The Revivalists map out fall tour as single tops alternative radio
Photo by Tim Mosenfelder/WireImage | Getty Images
The Revivalists are celebrating having a Number One single at Modern Rock radio by confirming the details of their "The Deepest Dream" North American headlining tour, which will begin on November 15th in Washington D.C. and finish up on December 16th in Atlanta. Pre-sale tickets are available now while general sales begin on Friday (August 25th).
The New Orleans seven-piece has met with massive success this past year with their latest album, Men Amongst Mountains, and the hit single "Wish I Knew You," which topped the Alternative radio survey and is rapidly climbing the charts at other formats.
- "Wish I Knew You" has also earned the band multiple national TV appearances on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Today and Conan.
- The band's current run of shows next stops on August 25th in Greenville, South Carolina and will continue through September and October.
- Confirmed Revivalists tour dates are (subject to change):
August 25 - Greenville, SC - Greenville Zoo
August 26 - Wilmington, NC - Greenfield Lake Amphitheater
August 27 - Arrington, VA - Lock'n Music Festival
September 1 - Del Mar, CA - Del Mar Concert Series
September 3 - Snowmass Village, CO - Jazz Aspen Snowmass
September 8 - Hamilton, OH - David Shaw's Big River Get Down (David Shaw only)
September 9 - Hamilton, OH - David Shaw's Big River Get Down
September 14 - Fredericton, NB - Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival
September 16 - Norfolk, VA - ETC Concert on the Point
September 22 - Las Vegas, NV - Life is Beautiful Festival
September 23 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant - get your tickets here!
September 24 - Franklin, TN - Pilgrimage Music and Cultural Festival
October 6 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits
October 13 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits
November 15 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
November 16 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
November 17 - Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore
November 18 - Boston, MA - House Of Blues
November 28 - Lafayette, LA - Acadiana Center For The Arts
November 29 - Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom
December 1 - Denver, CO - The Fillmore
December 6 - Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room At Old National Centre
December 8 - North Myrtle Beach, SC - House Of Blues
December 9 - Raleigh, NC - The Ritz
December 10 - Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore
December 12 - Knoxville, TN - The Mill & Mine
December 14 - Mobile, AL - Saenger Theatre
December 15 - Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle
December 16 - Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle
- The Revivalists are David Shaw on lead vocals and guitar, Zack Feinberg on guitar, Andrew Campanelli on drums, George Gekas on bass, Ed Williams on pedal steel guitar, Rob Ingraham on saxophone and Michael Girardot on keyboard & trumpet.
- The group was formed in 2007 in New Orleans when Feinberg happened to be riding his bike and rode past Shaw, who was sitting on his front porch singing a song. The two got together later that day to play music and within weeks were booking shows.
- The band's first two LPs, 2008's Vital Signs and 2012's City Of Sound, were self-released, with the latter picked up by the act's current label, Wind-Up Records. Their third album, Men Amongst Mountains, arrived in July 2015.
CHECK IT OUT: For ticket info, visit www.therevivalists.com
WATCH: Check out the video for "Wish I Knew You"