PHOENIX, BLACK KEYS LEAD COMPILATION FOR GULF OF MEXICO RELIEF
Phoenix and the Black Keys lead a powerhouse lineup of alternative rock artists who have contributed music to an upcoming charity compilation that will raise money for recovery efforts in the Gulf of Mexico from last spring's catastrophic oil spill. According to Spinner, the 14-track set will be called Gasoline Rainbows and will be available exclusively through iTunes starting November 30th.
- Other artists contributing songs to the collection include Vampire Weekend, the Silversun Pickups, the National, LCD Soundsystem and more.
- All of the artist and label proceeds from sales of the compilation will go to Global Green USA to directly assist the communities, people and ecosystems impacted by the BP oil spill.
- Additional funds raised by the project will be used to educate the public, push for more environmental regulation and advocate for a greener economy.
- The project was the brainchild of One Tree Hill stars Sophia Bush and Austin Nichols, who visited Louisiana earlier this year to see firsthand the devastation caused by the spill.
The complete track list for the album is:
1. "Gasoline Rainbows" -- Amy Kuney
2. "Armistice" -- Phoenix
3. "40 Day Dream" -- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
4. "There's No Secrets This Year" -- Silversun Pickups
5. "At the Birds Foot" -- City and Colour
6. "The Connoisseur Of Great Excuse" -- Damien Rice
7. "Bloodbuzz Ohio" -- The National
8. "Tighten Up" -- The Black Keys
9. "Let the Time Roll By" -- Onward, Soldiers
10. "Moth's Wings" -- Passion Pit
11. "Floating Vibes" -- Surfer Blood
12. "Mama Taught Me Better" -- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
13. "I Can Change" -- LCD Soundsystem
14. "Cousins" -- Vampire Weekend
CHECK IT OUT: More on efforts to help with the continuing cleanup from the BP spill can be found at http://www.globalgreen.org/