Members of Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, others confirmed for Chester Bennington tribute show
Photo by Kevin Mazur | Getty Images
Members of Korn, System Of A Down, Bring Me The Horizon, Avenged Sevenfold and more have been confirmed to appear at Linkin Park's upcoming Chester Bennington tribute concert at the Hollywood Bowl on Friday, October 27th. Korn's Jonathan Davis, System's Daron Malakian, John Dolmayan and Shavo Odadjian, Oliver Sykes from Bring Me The Horizon, Avenged frontman M. Shadows and guitarist Synyster Gates, all three members of Blink-182 and more are all on board, with many of them tweeting their involvement.
- Additional guests and details are expected to follow shortly. The concert, which is being billed as Linkin Park And Friends Celebrate Life In Honor Of Chester Bennington, was announced earlier this week.
- Linkin Park vocalist Mike Shinoda spoke publicly for the first time about Bennington's death and the band's future in an interview on Monday (September 18th) with Los Angeles radio station KROQ.
- Discussing the tribute concert, Shinoda said, "I know that for some of the guys in the band, getting on stage is more scary than (for) other guys in the band, but I will say that for all of us, it's definitely the thing that we want to do. It feels like the right way to celebrate Chester."
- Proceeds from the show will go to Music For Relief's One More Light Fund in memory of Bennington.
- Bennington was found dead on July 20th after committing suicide at his home in Palo Verdes Estates, California.