Mastodon drummer's side project arriving in June
Photo by Ethan Miller | Getty Images
Mastodon drummer Brann Dailor's side project, Arcadea, will release its self-titled debut album on June 16th. Described as "hailing from the fringes of the cosmos," Arcadea was born when Dailor teamed up with guitarists and keyboardists Core Atoms and Raheem Amlani to create a progressive, heavily psychedelic act. The trio recorded their 10-song debut at Orange Peel Studios in Atlanta.
- Atoms and Amlani play only keyboards and synthesizers in the group, while Dailor stays on his customary drums.
- The album takes place five billion years from now, when the impending collision of galaxies creates a new order of planets and war rages throughout the cosmos. It is in this universe that Arcadea reign supreme as the last surviving space wizards since the final extinction.
- Meanwhile, "Show Yourself" from Dailor's day job is currently Number Seven on the rock radio chart, the biggest single of Mastodon's career.
- The track is taken from the group's seventh studio album, Emperor Of Sand, which debuted at Number Seven on the Billboard 200 album chart last week, making it their third Top 10 album.
- Mastodon's spring U.S. headlining tour brings the band to Los Angeles on Thursday (April 20th).
READ: Get the full story at Loudwire
CHECK IT OUT: Listen to Arcadea's "Gas Giant"