Linkin Park releasing live album next month
Photo by Christopher Polk | Getty Images
Linkin Park will release a concert album titled One More Light Live on December 15th. Recorded on the band's "One More Light" world tour, it features 16 songs, including "Crawling," "Numb," "What I've Done," "Heavy" and the title track from the group's latest studio album, One More Light. The live set will arrive five months after the passing of singer Chester Bennington, who died on July 20th at his Los Angeles area home after committing suicide at the age of 41.
The band said in a statement, "We dedicate this live album to our brother Chester who poured his heart and soul into One More Light. After we finished recording the album, we joked with Chester that -- since he had delivered so many stunning performances in the studio -- he had set the bar extra high to produce that alchemy on stage each night. Not surprisingly, he welcomed the challenge."
- The statement added, "The shows we played together during the early summer of 2017 were extraordinary. Chester shared with us that he felt this was the best tour we had ever done. The camaraderie and joy we experienced on stage reflected our deep connection with each other, with our fans, and with the music."
- The band concluded, "For those of you who attended this tour in person, we thank you. For those who could not, we hope this live album gives you a glimpse into how magical these shows were for the six of us."
- Bennington himself spoke a while back, saying that he always wanted to give fans a different experience when they came to see the group: "There's one of two ways that bands get perceived when they're seen live. I think that one way is 'Wow, that is something like they do on the record.' And it can be disappointing. And the other is the music is actually a little better or different than I thought it was. And I like it more. And I think that's the way people view what we do live."
- Linkin Park paid tribute to Bennington on October 27th with an emotional three-hour show that featured numerous guests joining the band onstage at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.
- Among the artists who performed with the band were Bush's Gavin Rossdale, Jonathan Davis of Korn, Alanis Morissette, the instrumental members of No Doubt, Oli Sykes of Bring Me The Horizon, Blink-182, M. Shadows and Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold and many more.
- Linkin Park has yet to announce whether the band intends to continue without Bennington.
SIDE NOTES: The track list for One More Light Live is: "Talking To Myself," "Burn It Down," "Battle Symphony," "New Divide," "Invisible," "Nobody Can Save Me," "One More Light," "Crawling," "Leave Out All The Rest," "Good Goodbye (featuring Stormzy)," "What I've Done," "In The End," "Sharp Edges," "Numb," "Heavy" and "Bleed It Out."