Foo Fighters debut new song at European tour kickoff
Photo by Scott Dudelson | Getty Images
Foo Fighters kicked off their 2017 European festival run on Friday (June 16th) at the Secret Solstice festival in Reykjavik, Iceland, where the band premiered a new song called "Lah Di Da," while also giving the first live rendition of its current single "Run" and the first full band performance of “The Sky Is A Neighborhood,” which Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins debuted at an acoustic charity gig back in March.
- Grohl introduced the new music by telling the audience, "We only have 22 minutes left, but I want to play you all the new f**king songs."
- Another noteworthy moment took place when Grohl’s eight-year-old daughter, Harper, got a chance to play drums with the Foos on a cover of Queen’s “We Will Rock You."
- Grohl told the audience that Harper recently asked to learn drums, explaining, "I said, ‘Do you want want me to teach you?’ She said, ‘Yes.’ And then I said, ‘Do you want to get up in front of 20,000 people in Iceland and play?’ And she said, ‘Yes.'"
- Grohl added, "Ladies and gentleman, welcome the next generation -- there’s another Grohl on the drum set now."
- The Foos' next stop on their European trek is Helsinki, Finland on Monday night (June 19th).
READ: Get more on this full story at Consequence Of Sound
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the Foos perform "Lah Di Da"
Watch the first live performance of "Run"
Here's Harper Grohl playing drums with the band