Bush's Gavin Rossdale composes score for TV show
Photo by Nicholas Hunt | Getty Images
Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale is exploring the world of film and TV composing, telling Loudwire that he recently worked on a new A&E series titled Undercover High. Rossdale explained, "I just did the title song and did the scoring for that. I hope to be doing a bit more soundtrack work. I think it's a real exciting area." He added, "I've always loved film and TV. I love documentaries. To incorporate the work and stuff I've learned from music and put it to visuals is something I've always wanted to do. It's just hard to get your first job and now I've got my first job."
According to A&E's description, Undercover High follows seven young adults, ranging in age from 21 to 26, who embed themselves for a semester in Topeka, Kansas' Highland Park High School. The participants pose as typical students to provide an inside look at what it’s like to be a teenager today. Rossdale said, "It's just an incredible documentary and so I was just lucky enough to get in and do the music with my partner Shane, so it's good."
- The series premieres on January 9th at 10:00 p.m. ET on A&E.
- Rossdale also revealed that he may be working on another TV series in some capacity, but did not give further details.
- Bush is currently booking tours in South America, Europe and North America, with Rossdale also starting to think about new music.
- The band's latest single, "This Is War," is taken from the expanded edition of its recent album, Black And White Rainbows. The expanded and remastered edition of Black And White Rainbows was released digitally through Bush's new deal with BMG, with a CD to follow.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Rossdale has done some acting in the past in both films and TV shows, playing small roles in movies like 2001's Zoolander, 2005's Constantine and 2013's The Bling Ring.
- Additionally, he has appeared in TV shows such as Criminal Minds, Burn Notice and the modern version of Hawaii Five-0.