Voting is now closed!
The Point is sending two St. Louis-area bands into the competition – with 10 finalists from five different cities going up for voting at Metallica.com.
The winning band will get to perform at five different Metallica tour dates including the St. Louis show on June 4th at Busch Stadium – with touring expenses paid for by Metallica!
Point listeners will be able to vote once-per-24-hours from Wednesday, April 5th at 12:00pm CT through 11:59pm CT on Wednesday, April 12th on which band they think should “HIT THE LIGHTS” and potentially open for Metallica. One vote per entry, per person, per email address allowed every 24-hours.
The top two (2) voted bands from The Point local submissions, will then move on to the next stage. Starting Friday, April 14th, 10 bands from 5 different cities (including the 2 selected from STL) will go live on Metallica.com for voting. On Wednesday, April 26th the national winner will be selected and announced on Metallica.com
The winning band is then off to Boston, MA a few weeks later to join the line-up for the five Metallica tour dates listed below…
- May 19 – Fox borough, MA – Gillette Stadium †
- June 4 – St. Louis, MO – Busch Stadium †
- June 14 – San Antonio, TX – Alamo dome •
- June 16 – Dallas, TX – AT&T Stadium •
- June 18 – Chicago, IL – Soldier Field •
• Support from Avenged Sevenfold
† Support from Volbeat
Every one of these shows will be sold out and a once in a life time experience!!!
Represent St. Louis! Enter your band below for your chance to HIT THE LIGHTS with METALLICA!
- Must be able to play all 5 shows with the same band and crew personnel.
- We reserve the right to review the results of the poll to ensure that everyone is voting fairly.
- Residency restrictions: Winner must be from North America
- The tour will cover up to 12 people for band and working crew only. We will not cover management, spouses, or friends. Working personel only: A band member that plays on stage, a crew member that deals directly with backline and/or sound. These expenses the tour will be covering includes getting from home city, each tour market, and returned for the band, working crew, and the band’s gear to play a live show. This includes Airfare, ground transportation, and hotel.
- You must follow directions and rules provided to you by Metallica management, crew, and venue/band security. Please be considerate of the staff and other bands; proper conduct will be expected. If you do not follow the guidelines set forth by Metallica management, crew, and venue/band security it could be cause to be sent home.
Submit your band: Monday, March 27th at 12:00am through Sunday, April 2nd at 11:59pm CT
Voting on 1057thepoint.com: Wednesday, April 5th at 12:00pm through Wednesday, April 12th at 11:59pm CT
Voting on Metallica.com: starting Friday, April 14th