Discount News

Blog > Rizzuto Show Blog > Discount News > THURSDAY'S DISCOUNT NEWS

THURSDAY'S DISCOUNT NEWS

BRAIN SURGEON OPERATES ON WRONG SIDE OF BRAIN

SSM Health Care has not renewed its contract with Dr. Armond Levy, the neurosurgeon that operated on the wrong side of Regina Turner's brain last April at St. Clare Health Center in Fenton, health system officials confirmed. Levy's contract is set to expire in mid-October, according to Steve Van Dinter, spokesman for SSM Health Care. He said the two parties were “unable to come to terms that were mutually agreeable.” "I have chosen not to renew my contract with SSM Health Care-St. Louis. The current contract remains in effect until mid-October. At that time, SSM and I will part ways amicably," Levy said in a statement provided by SSM. Van Dinter said Levy was not fired and that the decision to part ways had nothing to do with the incident involving Turner that was reported by the Post-Dispatch. Turner, of St. Ann, was left unable to speak coherently after the incident and filed a medical malpractice lawsuit against Levy and SSM Health Care last April. The case is now closed after a settlement was reached in January, according to documents filed in St. Louis County Circuit Court in Clayton and Alvin Wolff Jr., the lawyer who represented Turner. Wolff said Turner is still unable to speak normally and is in need of around-the-clock care. Levy is one of eight neurosurgeons within SSM's Neurosciences Institute who operate at multiple SSM Hospitals in the St. Louis area, according to the health system's website.

KID BANNED FROM DOUGHNUT SHOP AFTER ASKING FAT CHICK IF SHE'S PREGNANT

Kids say the darndest things. One local inquisitive 4-year-old boy asked a question that got him banned from a Monroe doughnut shop. “We were screamed at in front of the door, ‘he’s not allowed in here, he’s rude,’” Rebecca Denham said as she described her experience at the Doughnut Inn on Tuesday morning. Denham said her son, Justin Otero, asked a woman at the doughnut shop if she had a baby in her belly. When the woman said ‘No,’ Otero apologized and his mother said she was mortified. “My response was ‘Oh my goodness, I’m so embarrassed, I’m so sorry,’” Denham said. While the woman said it was ‘no problem,’ the managers at the Doughnut Inn were not as forgiving. When Denham and her son walked in the shop Tuesday morning, they were allegedly told to leave. “She said, ‘he’s not allowed in here,’ and I looked around, and said, ‘him?’ and she said ‘yeah, he’s rude,’” Denham said She said she tried to explain what happened to her son and said he “sort of” understands but he is still asking questions. The manager and owner of the shop so far has not responded about the situation. Denham said she and her son are planning to take their business elsewhere, while using this as a learning lesson for Justin. “Some people unfortunately are quick to pass judgment and therefore we will take our money and business elsewhere,” Denham said. The owner of this Doughnut Inn owns at least two shops in Monroe, however he/she does not own the stores that are located in Fairfield and Stratford.

GET THE F*** OUTTA HERE: A MAN IS SUING A PIZZA PLACE BECAUSE THE EMPLOYEES BEAT HIM UP WHEN HE TRIED TO ROB IT

The first time Nigel Sykes tried to get money from the Seasons Pizza restaurant, he did it with a gun, forcing his way into the business through the back door. This time, Sykes is trying to get money from the pizzeria by suing the employees who tackled him and wrestled his gun away during the robbery. Sykes alleges assault in a federal civil complaint claiming the rough treatment was "unnecessary" and that as a result of the injuries he suffered during his attempted hold-up, he is due over $260,000. Sykes also claims in his suit, filed without an attorney, that after employees subdued him, two Newport police officers improperly used stun guns on him and denied him access to medical attention. Normally lawsuits like this are tossed out after a brief review by the court. And while U.S. District Judge Sue L. Robinson tossed out several of Sykes' claims, she allowed the case to move forward against the pizza employees, two arresting officers and Seasons. Officials with Seasons declined comment but Newport Police Chief Michael Capriglione said, "It is a joke lawsuit." "It is sad to see this kind of suit being looked at. The court shouldn't waste the taxpayers' money," he said. Sykes, 23, of Wilmington, filed his federal civil action in 2013 from prison, where he is serving a 15-year sentence for robbery and attempted robbery. In his self-written complaint, Sykes admits, "I committed a robbery at Seasons Pizza" on Maryland Ave. on Nov. 30, 2010, just before 8 p.m. He admits he "displayed" a handgun and that an employee —a delivery driver and one of the named defendants — "handed me $140." He says he then started to make his way forward in the store when a different employee grabbed him from behind and other employees wrestled the gun from him, with at least one shot being fired during the struggle. "That is when the assault began," according to Sykes' suit. "All of the Season's Pizza employees participated in punching, kicking and pouring hot soup over my body. I was unarmed and defenseless and had to suffer a brutal beating by all of the employees of Seasons Pizza," he wrote, adding the beating knocked him unconscious. In Sykes' first 2011 complaint, which is significantly different than the most recent one, he claimed an unknown person robbed him at gunpoint "and then forced me, after giving me a gun, to (rob) a nearby Seasons Pizza." "I complied with his commands and proceeded to rob the establishment." he wrote in 2011, adding he informed employees that he was being forced into the hold-up by someone outside. In that account, which was tossed out on procedural grounds, Sykes also claimed employees beat him with pots and pans, rendering him unconscious and described the beating as "unnecessary." Sykes claims in both suits, "I was aroused from my state of unconsciousness, only to realize that I was handcuffed and being tasered," by the police. He concludes by alleging the officers denied him needed immediate medical attention for the burns and stun gun wounds and other injuries for eight hours. And one officer used a racial slur, he wrote. Sykes demands $20,000 each from six Seasons employees, $20,000 from each of the two arresting officers and $100,000 from Seasons. Employees at Seasons remember the robbery and said one employee was shaken up by it for a long time. In the restaurant's kitchen, they still have a trash can that was hit by a bullet from Sykes gun and someone wrote the name of the employee who was narrowly missed by the shot over the bullet hole. Attorneys for the two Newport police officers recently filed a response to the suit, seeking to have it tossed out on statute of limitations grounds. At the time of his 2010 arrest, police said Sykes was linked to at least eight other robberies including a bank, three other pizzerias, two fast food restaurants and two convenience stores. Sykes pleaded guilty in New Castle County Superior Court in July 2011 to five counts, resolving some 51 charges against him including counts related to the attempted robbery at Seasons and the Sept. 2010 robbery of a WSFS Bank. A Superior Court judge then sentenced him in April 2012 to 15 years for robbery, attempted robbery and three weapons counts. Shortly after entering his plea, Sykes attempted to withdraw it claiming in a motion that he had not taken his medication that day. Both the Superior Court and the Delaware Supreme Court denied the request, citing the fact that Sykes attorney said on the day of the plea that Sykes had no mental issues and was not on medication. In his motion, Sykes also wrote that he should be allowed to take back his plea because, "I'm not good at making good choices."

CREEPER/JUSTICE SERVED: A DAD CACTHES A GUY MOLESTING HIS SON AND BEATS HIM TO A PULP

There's a mugshot going around that shows what happens when a dad catches someone molesting his kid.  It should be a warning to pedophiles AND an instruction manual for anyone who catches one. A dad in Daytona Beach, Florida left his 11-year-old son with an 18-year-old family member named Raymond Frolander to babysit on Friday afternoon. And when the dad got back to the apartment, he found Frolander had taken his son's clothes off and was molesting him. So the dad responded by BEATING Frolander so badly, that he DISFIGURED his face.  In Frolander's mugshot, his lips and left cheek are swollen, his eyes are both black, and he's covered in cuts and bruises. When the dad called 911 to report Frolander, he said he'd left him, quote, "in a puddle of blood" . . . and you can hear him yell at Frolander, quote, "You are damn lucky, boy, that I love my God." Frolander was arrested and charged with sexually battering a child.  The dad was NOT charged for the beating. CHECK OUT THE NASTY MUGSHOT HERE

CREEPER/LOCAL: MAN BUSTED TAPING WOMEN IN KIRKWOOD TARGET

A Kirkwood man was arrested Wednesday on charges he secretly shot cellphone video of women under their skirts at a Target store here. Giovanni Russo, 29, of the 400 block of West Madison Avenue, is charged with invasion of privacy of multiple individuals, a felony. Kirkwood police say that on June 12, Russo approached two women, 39 and 23, separately, in the Target store at 1042 South Kirkwood Road. Police said the older woman alerted authorities after he kneeled down next to her. She reported to police what happened and that she saw him leaving the store. At that point, the other woman approached police at the store to report that Russo had done the same thing to her a little earlier. Kirkwood Detective David Smith said officers reviewed Target's surveilllance video of Russo following and approaching one of the women in the store. Police arrested Russo the next day and said he had a slide-out phone like the one the women described but found no footage on his phone. It wasn't immediately clear how they identified him as a suspect. Russo later admitted taking video of the women. Russo was being held in lieu of a $5,000 bail.

CREEPER: A COP WAS ARRESTED WHEN HIS SON'S GIRLFRIEND CAUGHT HIM SNIFFING HER UNDERWEAR

59-year-old David Hathaway is a town marshal in Millersburg, Indiana, and he's been letting his adult son and his son's girlfriend live with him.  (Millersburg is in the northern part of the state, 20 miles from the Michigan border.) But at some point last year, the girlfriend noticed she was missing a pair of underwear.  And it's not clear WHY, but she thought David might have taken them. Then she became MUCH more suspicious in October when she and her boyfriend found the underwear in a plastic bag inside David's SAFE, along with several OTHER pairs of underwear that DIDN'T belong to her. When they confronted David about it, he claimed it was all just a big JOKE.  Apparently that was actually good enough for them, because they dropped it.  But in February they found ANOTHER pair of her underwear, wet and crumpled under their bed. So they set up a hidden camera.  And when they watched the footage, they clearly saw David walk into their bedroom, pick up a pair of the girlfriend's underwear and take a huge WHIFF of them.  Then he put them down, picked up another pair, and left. At that point, they called the cops, and David eventually admitted he has a PANTY FETISH.  He was arrested earlier this month, and he's facing two misdemeanor charges.  He's due in court next month.  It's not clear if they're all still living together. 

CREEPER: AMBITIOUS PANTY RAIDER SWIPES 200 PAIRS FROM VICTORIA'S SECRET

Augusta, Ga., police are investigating the theft of 200 pairs of panties from the Victoria's Secret location at the local mall. Security footage shows a man walking into the store around 11:45 a.m. on Friday, filling a bag with underwear, and walking out. The panty raider is still at large. It's unclear what he's planning to do with that much women's underwear, but the more innocent options include trying to sell it for some percentage of its $1,900 retail value or giving all 200 pairs to one lucky woman, who won't have to do laundry again until 2015.

 

Recent Articles

Former Illinois teacher taped students in bathrooms A teacher and track coach, already charged with secretly video...
Man putting needles in meats must stay in jail The Belleville man facing federal charges of putting needles in...

Related articles

OH LAWD I have been laughing LOUDLY in the studio by myself at this video...please enjoy! I give you Buzzfeed's...
Royal Blood drummer Ben Thatcher has said in a new interview with NME that he and bassist/singer Mike Kerr don't...
-Todays New Music Song of the Day is from an artist that to be honest I don't know a whole lot about. However,...
Slipknot and Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor recently tried his hand at acting in the new horror film Fear Clinic...
Just days away…Your Mid-America Chevy Dealers present the final POINT BIG SUMMER SHOW of 2014 featuring BASTILLE...