Crap on Celebrities
TUESDAY'S CRAP ON CELEBRITIES (R.I.P. ROBIN WILLIAMS)
63 year old ROBIN WILLIAMS was found dead in his home near San Francisco yesterday morning. Cops suspect suicide by asphyxia. Robin's publicist issued a statement saying that he had been, quote, "battling severe depression of late." And his wife Susan issued a statement saying, quote, "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. "On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions." Susan was Robin's third wife. He had three kids from his first two marriages. Robin battled with drug and alcohol addiction for years, and recently went back to rehab to, quote, "fine-tune" his sobriety. Williams got his big break on the ABC sitcom "Mork & Mindy", which was a spin-off of "Happy Days" and ran from 1978 to 1982. 4-time Oscar nominee, and won Best Supporting Actor for "Good Will Hunting. And…."Dead Poets Society", "Good Morning, Vietnam", "Hook", "Aladdin", "The Birdcage" and the "Night at the Museum" movies. Speaking of those, Williams will be back onscreen as Teddy Roosevelt in "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" this Christmas. Conan reacts to getting the news during his show. Robin Williams talked about his emotional struggles in an interview with Terry Gross on NPR back in 2006…
Kendall Jenner stormed out of New York's Mercer Kitchen last week after she was refused alcohol because she's underage. Last Monday, she was eataing with Stephen Baldwin's daughter when her booze request was denied. "Kendall got up and left and didn't pay. After being followed into the street by her server, "Kendall took a couple $20 bills out of her wallet, threw them at the server and walked away." Her waitress happened to be actress Blaine Morris, best known for playing lesbian Betty Nardone on MTV's Skins, who tweeted, "That horrible moment you chase a Kardashian down the street because she forgot to pay her bill to be thrown money in your face."
It's been about a month since TRACY MORGAN was released from the hospital, and while that's a good sign . . . he isn't out of the woods yet. On the "Today" show yesterday, Tracy's attorney said Tracy is still, quote, "struggling" with his health. He went on, quote, "But he's a fighter. He's had issues before that he's fought through, and he's fighting hard."
James Brown never received the burial he desired, his widow claims in a new interview, because a judge ordered his body to be posthumously dismembered for DNA testing. "They had to cut off his legs to get to his bone marrow," Tomi Rae told The Daily Mail. "My husband, the greatest dancer in the world, had his legs hacked off in death." The tests were ordered to determine the paternity of Rae's son, James Jr. The Godfather of Soul's remains are now buried in the garden of his eldest daughter's home in Georgia, but Rae claims Brown wanted to be laid to rest in a Graceland-like mausoleum.
CBS Sports is developing the first ever "ALL FEMALE sports talk show," which will be something like a mix of "The View" and ESPN's "Pardon the Interuption".There's no word on a title yet, but the show will air weekly on the CBS Sports Network, and premiere sometime next month. In addition to the all-female cast, it'll also be produced and directed by women. There's no official word on who's involved . . . but unnamed sources say the regulars will include: CBS Sports veteran Lesley Visser, former ESPN anchor Dana Jacobson, CBS NFL analyst Amy Trask, and sideline reporters Allie LaForce, Tracy Wolfson and Jenny Dell. It isn't just going to focus on the WNBA, the WILLIAMS sisters, MICHELLE WIE, and other girl stuff like that. It'll cover everything, including the NFL, NBA, baseball and hockey.
Last month, "WEIRD AL" scored his first ever #1 album. It wasn't shocking that he'd never had one before, but it was a big deal that he got one now, after 30-plus years in the business. And last week, TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS landed their first #1 album in 37 years. That career-long drought was a little more surprising. Now, Billboard.com has put together a list of "15 Surprising Artists Without a #1 Album." Here are the ones they listed:
1. David Bowie. He's had seven Top 10 albums, and four in the Top Five, but none that have topped the Billboard 200.
2. Marvin Gaye. His 1973 album, "Let's Get It On", reached #2.
3. The Who. They've had ten Top 10 albums, and they've hit #2 twice: With 1973's "Quadrophenia" and 1978's "Who Are You".
4. Cher. She hit #3 with her most recent album, "Closer to the Truth", and got up to #2 with "Look At Us", the album she put out with Sonny Bono in 1965.
5. Sheryl Crow. She had four straight albums make it to #2 between 2002 and 2010, but none of them were able to crack the top spot.
6. Sting. He's had ten Top 10 albums as a solo artist, with three of them hitting Number Two. But he DID have a #1 album with The Police. "Synchronicity" spent 17 weeks at #1.
7. Aretha Franklin. She's made it to #2 twice . . . with "I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You" in 1967 and "Aretha: Lady Soul" in 1968.
8. Willie Nelson. His 1982 album "Always on my Mind" spent four weeks at #2, but couldn't reach #1.
9. Tina Turner. Her 1984 album "Private Dancer" spent 11 weeks stuck at #3 behind Prince and the Revolution's "Purple Rain" at #1 and Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the U.S.A." at #2. And "All the Best" in 2005 hit #2.
10. Brad Paisley. He's come close, with four albums reaching #2: "Time Well Wasted", "American Saturday Night", "This Is Country Music" and "Wheelhouse".
11. James Taylor. He's had 11 top 10 albums, and reached as high as #2 with "Mudslide Slim and the Blue Horizon" in 1971.
12. Dr. Dre. "The Chronic" spent six weeks at #3 in 1993, and his album, "2001" spent three weeks at #2.
13. KISS. They don't have a #1 . . . but they're the American band with the most top 40 albums, with 26. They got closest to #1 with 2009's "Sonic Boom", which debuted and peaked at #2.
14. Jewel. "Pieces of You" peaked at #4 for two weeks in 1997, and she's been in the Top 10 five more times. She topped out at #2 with "0304" in 2003.
15. Bob Marley. He reached the Top 10 just once, with 1976's "Rastaman Vibration", which rose to #8.
New Music: The Gaslight Anthem …Get Hurt… Sinéad O'Connor…I'm Not Bossy, I'm the Boss
ON TV: On NBC's "America's Got Talent," 12-acts take the stage up for grabs is a spot in the semi-finals. Also new "Food Fighter" with host Adam Richman. Later, actress Jessica Alba and actor Rob Riggle appear in a new Jimmy Fallon with KOL playing with Roots drummer Questlove filling in for Nathan . Seth Meyers has Meredith
Casey Affleckis 39.
Rebecca Gayheartis 43.
Pete Samprasis 43.
Sir Mix-A-Lotis 51.
Sam Jonesis 60. Star of 1980's TRASHY-YET-CLASSIC "Flash Gordon" movie . . .
George Hamiltonis 75. Freakishly tan star of "Zorro, The Gay Blade"
Today’s birthday girl has been punished more than a teen who stayed out past curfew …in 192 fine films including:
· The Flintbones
· Nightmare On Porn Street
· Take My Wife…Please!
· Women Who Control The Family Jewels
· And who could forget….her unforgettable role in….Throbbin Hood
BRITT MORGAN is 51 YEARS OLD