Crap on Celebrities
FRIDAY'S CRAP ON CELEBRITIES
KELSEY GRAMMER'S wife Kayte gave birth to a baby boy on Tuesday. They named him Kelsey Gabriel Elias Grammer. He's their second child. They also have a 2-year-old daughter named Faith, and Kelsey has four other kids from previous relationships, ranging in age from 9 to 30.Meanwhile, E! Online says ZOE SALDANA is expecting TWINS, and she's thrilled. For the record, she has yet to confirm she's even pregnant.
CHARLIZE THERON was spotted wearing a ring on her engagement finger . . . which would suggest that SEAN PENN proposed, and she said yes. But that might not be the case.E! Online says Charlize's new piece of jewelry is an 18-karat yellow gold Anita Ko Leaf Ring . . . which sells for $4,900. And that would be on the CHEAP side as celebrity engagement rings go
BRITNEY SPEARS left her dermatologist's office yesterday with some pamphlets . . . including one for ZERONA . . . which is a LASER FAT REMOVAL TREATMENT. According to the creatively named website MyZerona.com, the treatment is a, quote, "non-invasive body contouring procedure [designed] to effectively remove excess fat without the negative side effects associated with surgical methods."
The world's honeybee population is dwindling . . . and scientists agree that's NOT a good thing. So leave it to GOD to do something about it. And by God, I of course mean MORGAN FREEMAN. Morgan just got 26 beehives at his Mississippi estate, and he says, quote, "We do not realize that they are the foundation, I think, of the growth of the planet, the vegetation." Morgan is so bad-ass, he doesn't even wear protective gear when he deals with the bees. He says, quote, "They haven't [stung me] yet, because right now I'm not trying to harvest honey or anything, I'm just feeding them . . . I think they understand, 'Hey, don't bother this guy, he's got sugar water here.'"
The appeal of "Sharknado" . . . at least before the whole thing became WAY overhyped . . . was that it wasn't only IMPOSSIBLE, it was also so categorically absurd that it was amusing to consider. But that concept is completely lost on TARA REID . . . to the surprise of NO ONE. In fact, that could very well be why she was cast in the first place. In an interview with "GQ", Tara said she believes it's possible to have a real life sharknado . . . that is, a waterspout that lifts man-eating sharks OUT of the ocean, and takes them into a major city, where they fly around terrorizing everyone. She says, quote, "You know, it actually can happen. I mean, the chances of it happening are very rare, but it can happen actually. Which is crazy. Not that it . . . the chances of it are, like, you know, it's like probably 'pigs could fly.' "Like, I don't think pigs could fly, but actually sharks could be stuck in tornados. There could be a sharknado." Of course, there's the possibility she was being a little playful . . . but the chances of that is "probably 'pigs could fly.'"
Earlier this week we heard that ROBIN THICKE and PAULA PATTON'S house was on the market. That was a pretty strong hint that things weren't going to work out. And now the word is that Robin has indeed admitted that the entire freakin' album he dedicated to Paula isn't going to get her back . . . even though it had a song on it CALLED "Get Her Back". (???)A source says Robin is done begging and has decided to move on, and an attorney is already working on a financial settlement. One thing Robin is firm on, though, is that he won't be the one to file for divorce
WWE Hall of Famer Rowdy Roddy Piper claims there’s a movie being made about his life and that Mark Wahlberg will be playing him. Piper namedropped Wahlberg during a one-man show in Scotland. And in other news Rowdy Roddy Piper was doing a one man show in Scotland…
TV Land will announce at their Comic Con panel today that Emmy-nominee Mayim Biallik will host Ben Silverman’s new version of Candid Camera alongside Peter Funt, the son of the show’s creator and host, Allen Funt. The series will premiere on TV Land on Monday, August 11 with a new episode airing from Monday through Thursday that week. Episodes will air on Tuesday nights after that. TV Land also announced that the Candid Camera crew is taping across the country right now: They’ve already visited cities like Chicago and New York. So if you’ve had a weird interaction with Ivy Lynn in New York recently, now you know why. Candid Camera first came on air in 1948
Comic-Con is happening this weekend, so we thought we'd toss out some interesting facts about the event, which has become arguably the biggest comic book and pop culture convention in the world. Here they are:
1. The first official San Diego Comic-Con was a three-day event, which went down 44 YEARS AGO . . . from August 1st through the 3rd in 1970
2. For the first few years, it was called the "Golden State Comic Book Convention." The first one was held in the basement of the U.S. Grant Hotel . . . and 300 people attended.
3. It took four years for the attendance to hit 1,000 people . . . and for the past few years, it's been filled to capacity, with over 130,000 attendees.
4. The name of the convention has changed several times over the years, but in 1995, it became "Comic-Con International: San Diego", which is what it is currently. That year was also the year the event debuted its "eye" logo.
5. In 2008, Comic-Con sold out for the first time ever. Last year, it sold out in 93 minutes. This year, it took less than 75.
6. In recent years, Comic-Con has generated around $165 million in revenue annually for the city of San Diego. And that's a conservative figure. Two years ago, Forbes.com said it was more like $193 million.
That's not bad for an event that has an annual operating budget of around $9 million
7. Comic-Con has outgrown the San Diego Convention Center, but the event extended its contract with San Diego, after a $520 million expansion was proposed. That will keep Comic-Con in the city through at least 2016, when the expansion is supposed to be completed.
For the time being, Comic-Con is handling the overflow by scheduling events in other buildings surrounding the convention center.
8. Over the course of the four-day convention, there's at least 500 to 600 hours worth of programming . . . from over 600 separate events.
9. Comic-Con runs the entire event with just 20 to 30 full-time employees . . . although they receive a ton of help from approximately 3,000 volunteers.
ON TV...Jimmy Fallon has Jon Hamm, Craig Ferguson has Bradley Cooper.
Matt LeBlanc is 47.
Taylor Momsen is 21.
KATE BECKINSALE is 41.
Jeremy Piven is 49
Sandra Bullock is 50.
KEVIN SPACEY is 55.
Helen Mirren is 69.
MICK JAGGER is 71.
Alex Rodriguez is 39.
Maya Rudolph is 42.
Triple H is 45.
Bill Engvall is 57.
Today’s birthday girl legend has seen more pricks than a porcupine breeder in 183 fine films including:
· BACKDOOR BLACK VOLUME 1
· BLACKER THE BETTER VOLUME 4
· GINGER SNAPS
· THE HILLS HAVE THIGHS
· OREO A-GO-GO
· WHAT KIND OF GIRLS DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
· And who could forget…her unforgettable role in…WHITE TRASH BLACKSPLASH
GAIL FORCE is 48 YEARS OLD