Point Music News provided by Pulse
Metallica's cover version of Deep Purple's "When A Blind Man Cries" is now available for streaming at the band's official YouTube channel, according to Blabbermouth. The track will be included on Re-Machined - A Tribute To Deep Purple's Machine Head, a compilation album due out on September 25th. The set, which will also feature contributions from Chickenfoot, Iron Maiden, Carlos Santana, the Flaming Lips and others, will mark the 40th anniversary of the Machine Head album, which came out in 1972 and is considered a milestone of heavy rock.
Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich said recently about their involvement, "We were asked if we'd contribute to the anniversary of Machine Head -- we can't turn that down." Ulrich considers Purple his favorite band of all time.
Former Deep Purple keyboardist and founding member Jon Lord died earlier this year after a lengthy battle with cancer.
The original version of "When A Blind Man Cries" was recorded during the Machine Head sessions but did not make the album. It surfaced as the B-side of the single "Never Before."
The track list for Re-Machined is:
1. "Smoke On The Water" - Carlos Santana
2. "Highway Star" - Chickenfoot
3. "Maybe I'm A Leo" - Glenn Hughes / Chad Smith / Luis Maldonado
4. "Pictures Of Home" - Black Label Society
5. "Never Before" - Joe Elliott/Steve Stevens/Duff McKagan/Matt Sorum
6. "Smoke On The Water" - The Flaming Lips
7. "Lazy" - Jimmy Barnes/Joe Bonnamassa
8. "Space Truckin'" - Iron Maiden
9. "When A Blind Man Cries" - Metallica
10. "Highway Star" - Glenn Hughes/Chad Smith /Steve Vai/Lachlan Doley